Hangout - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Hangout Thread | Page 45 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Oh Nanatsu no taizai will get a 4 special tv anime in August :

From Ann
"The official website for the television anime adaptation of
Nakaba Suzuki's The Seven Deadly Sins manga announced on Sunday that a new television anime special will air for four consecutive weeks beginning in August. Suzuki is writing a brand new story for the special. The special is titled Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi (The Seven Deadly Sins: Signs of holy war). The staff also revealed a key visual for the special (pictured below). Aniplex is streaming an announcement commercial for the new special (note: the linked video is region-locked to Japan)."

Pv :

"The four-week special will air on
MBS and TBS on Sundays at 5:00 p.m. The first season of the anime is also being rebroadcast on Tokyo MX starting on April 6."

Source : Ann (Link above)

Baum

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That artwork makes me think they're gonna fix that retarded ending for season 1. Maybe.

Suzuki's writing it, tho. So it's more likely it's something entirely new I guess. Either that or he does the fixing himself now that they seemingly decided to adapt the entire thing in the future.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I would love episodes about some the Sins and their missions when they were together, like when they visited the Druid land for example. Would be good if there's an S2. But considering that the title I doubt it'll be the case.

~Zeldris~

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Was hoping for season 2 news but hey I'll take this too since it is something new :) Just stinks that the ovas are going to be region locked to Japan :darn

Gee... those shadow silhouettes on the bottom look awfully familiar too :derp
Hmmm also wonder about that Black cat too.

Last edited:

baditz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
the fuck is this? so we dont have season 2? we dont have 10 comendment?
the whole new strory, i confuse with this, it will relate for real plot or totaly different..

SpectrumRay16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That artwork makes me think they're gonna fix that retarded ending for season 1. Maybe.

Suzuki's writing it, tho. So it's more likely it's something entirely new I guess. Either that or he does the fixing himself now that they seemingly decided to adapt the entire thing in the future.
I hope that is case, i mean you can see Guila and Gowther together, they are clearly still at the capital in this picture and you can even see Pelio(das) in the top left... so my guess is that we are going to get the Gowther and Peliodas thing that was replaced.
And we might get all the events that would happen before the sins leave for Camelot.
In the case that this does fix everything then i will be very happy, however i wonder what will happen to make it fit. A dream sequence could explain the ending to be honest, but, i don't know...

I could see an Episode of Ban and King going to the forest (talking about things and not actually making it there or meeting Jericho)
I could see an episode of Gowther, where we find out things he did to Guila, perhaps a flashback to Peliodas and the inevitable fight with Diane + his true formed revealed.
I could see an episode of the three misfits getting ready to leave the capital after reading the book at the end of the season 1 finale and
I could see an episode based around the Power level thing... that's just me though.

If they could implement the features they would have missed from chapter 103-113 then everything would be fine... barring of course the huge plot reveals in chapter 108-109. That will probably be touched upon in the first episode of the anime and the ending to that first episode is gonna be the commandments coming back.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
the fuck is this? so we dont have season 2? we dont have 10 comendment?
the whole new strory, i confuse with this, it will relate for real plot or totaly different..
No, this is happening before season 2. Probably to fix the issues A-1 had with the series in season 1, like the ending which didn't follow the plot and the lack of Peliodas.
In other words, I am very happy that Nakaba is working alongside A-1 to essentially fix the mistakes they have made (If that is the case) as it is the first time i have ever seen a mangaka do this and actually work with the studio to fix issues they saw with the first season.
This probably means no plotholes, which is always a plus :D
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Hmmm also wonder about that Black cat too.
Black cat is probably going to have something to with Gowther and Peliodas's backstory, maybe?
Or perhaps it's Escanor :P

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Those silhouettes look like the Ten Commandments to me.

baditz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
SpectrumRay post: 4220389 said:
I hope that is case, i mean you can see Guila and Gowther together, they are clearly still at the capital in this picture and you can even see Pelio(das) in the top left... so my guess is that we are going to get the Gowther and Peliodas thing that was replaced.
And we might get all the events that would happen before the sins leave for Camelot.
In the case that this does fix everything then i will be very happy, however i wonder what will happen to make it fit. A dream sequence could explain the ending to be honest, but, i don't know...

I could see an Episode of Ban and King going to the forest (talking about things and not actually making it there or meeting Jericho)
I could see an episode of Gowther, where we find out things he did to Guila, perhaps a flashback to Peliodas and the inevitable fight with Diane + his true formed revealed.
I could see an episode of the three misfits getting ready to leave the capital after reading the book at the end of the season 1 finale and
I could see an episode based around the Power level thing... that's just me though.

If they could implement the features they would have missed from chapter 103-113 then everything would be fine... barring of course the huge plot reveals in chapter 108-109. That will probably be touched upon in the first episode of the anime and the ending to that first episode is gonna be the commandments coming back.

No, this is happening before season 2. Probably to fix the issues A-1 had with the series in season 1, like the ending which didn't follow the plot and the lack of Peliodas.
In other words, I am very happy that Nakaba is working alongside A-1 to essentially fix the mistakes they have made (If that is the case) as it is the first time i have ever seen a mangaka do this and actually work with the studio to fix issues they saw with the first season.
This probably means no plotholes, which is always a plus :D
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Black cat is probably going to have something to with Gowther and Peliodas's backstory, maybe?
Or perhaps it's Escanor :P
Oi that think that bottom image, black think with purple background dont you think it look like Hendrickson 1st time notice TC behind him?

SpectrumRay16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oi that think that bottom image, black think with purple background dont you think it look like Hendrickson 1st time notice TC behind him?
Yes, they are probably the silhouettes of the ten commandments... who knows, maybe the last episode of these 4 will have them appearing like that from withing the Coffin of Eternal Darkness?
Or Maybe a flashback... i still want my Edinburgh OVA to be honest XD
Chapter 168's cover page seems to imply that Nakaba has chosen to fix all the problems the anime left with these 4 new episodes, because i quote:'

"If somehow you haven't read the real deal yet, you'll be able to catch the WHOLE story this time around!!!" - Suzuki Nakaba
I put emphasis on the "Whole" but, despite that this looks VERY promising :D

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hi. I'd briefly like to re-introduce myself to this forum since I just now activated my age-old account from nearly a decade ago since I intend to use it again specifically in this little Taizai-community. My name is Yakkun or Yak, as I've been going with that name on a different forum where I followed and still follow this series. Since mangahelpers hosts quite the large NNT community already, I thought I could find some more people to discuss this series with. Pleased to make your acquaintance, I hope I can participate soon :)
Some little silly crap I did because Dolor's size really bothers me, depending on the angle.

This is by no means absolutely correct and to scale and therefore shouldn't be taken too seriously but I still think it gives a fairly accurate impression of how large Dolor really is, assuming Nakaba draws him relatively consistent now.

Btw, the only things I changed so it would fit the official numbers we actually know were the ones where I put Taizoo next to Meliodas and where I stacked Taizoo 11 times on top of each other; there I put him right next to Dolor whereas the manga has him standing a bit off to the side and more in the foreground (which would in reality make him even smaller than he is shown here).

Yeah. Quiver in your boots because THAT is a GIANT.

With the estimation that approx. 11 Taizoos equal 1 Dolor, and Taizoo is 3.00 m tall, Dolor should come out as about 33 m as opposed to Diane's 9.15 m

She's handy Barbie-doll sized for him. I still have no idea how her and Matrona are even remotely going to fight him.

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
good catch yak-chan:thumbs

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think the author has been paying that much attention to the proportions... While I am sure dolor is quite larger than diane, I would question him towering over her like that. Of course, such a thing is possible, we have seen giants several times larger than matrona or dinae before.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I don't think we're supposed to take that too seriously.
Back in chapter 127, where Galan informs the Commandments that he has slain Meliodas, Dolor appears to be approximately as big as a normal giant would be.
He is bigger than Matrona and Diane, but I'd say that's because of his muscular body.
I may be wrong, but that's just too much of a difference between members of the same race.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Dolor might very well be taller than the other Giants because he is the first of his race, for them he is like a God. Unlike the others he also has four arms and a magic eye.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think we're supposed to take that too seriously.
Back in chapter 127, where Galan informs the Commandments that he has slain Meliodas, Dolor appears to be approximately as big as a normal giant would be.
He is bigger than Matrona and Diane, but I'd say that's because of his muscular body.
I may be wrong, but that's just too much of a difference between members of the same race.
http://www.mangamint.com/nanatsu-no-taizai-1261?page=24
I would think the author is quite liberal with the context. That old guy looks well bigger than dolor for instance.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah. Dumbelbass was also really bulky and huge for a giant, a lot more than Matrona. Giants apparently can come in all shapes and sizes.

We will see once we actually can put Diane or Matrona against Dolor and they are standing in front of each other.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'd never noticed that that guy was so big.
But still, it's not like he dwarves Matrona and Diane to the point that Dolor is drawn to. Dunno, we'll have to wait.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
You mean the old guy in the link I showed? Matrona seems to barely reach his knee.... I would question dolor ever being depicted as so huge that diane only reaches his knee....

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Could the giants have actually degraded over time? The old giant in that links must be hundreds, if not thousands of years old. Maybe the first generation of giants was completely different from what they are like, now.