Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
My Hero Academia : 8 volumes : 4 200 000.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,937
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ill predict the anime will cause a modest increase in heroaca volumes so I anticipate it to reach 7mln by EoY end of year.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
So I will bet on 9M for 11 volumes at least. This really could turn up being the next 1M seller.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Ill predict the anime will cause a modest increase in heroaca volumes so I anticipate it to reach 7mln by EoY end of year.
Lol no. The manga will sell more than 1mil per volume.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,937
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lol no. The manga will sell more than 1mil per volume.
I think my prediction is realistic, in incorporates new volumes growing to about 600K and old ones increasing by at least 100K or so respectively. Expecting it to double this year is a bit too generous for me when it isnt as good as Haikyuu.
 

chrisbj

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2015
Messages
191
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lol no. The manga will sell more than 1mil per volume.
I think my prediction is realistic, in incorporates new volumes growing to about 600K and old ones increasing by at least 100K or so respectively. Expecting it to double this year is a bit too generous for me when it isnt as good as Haikyuu.
800k this year, at least 1 million next year, nichigo is too strong....
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Problem is the short list of episodes..... I have a hard time seeing Bones not screw this up somehow. By this, I mean turning the property into Jump's new cash cow. I'm sure the higher-ups at Jump/Shueisha are putting some pressure on them. I don't think they'll settle for anything less than 750k or even worse a miilion.

I definitely think they're setting the bar very high.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
I think my prediction is realistic, in incorporates new volumes growing to about 600K and old ones increasing by at least 100K or so respectively. Expecting it to double this year is a bit too generous for me when it isnt as good as Haikyuu.
Sorry man but you don't get it. The manga is selling way better than Haikyuu now. The anime will make it the biggest manga of 2016.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Sorry man but you don't get it. The manga is selling way better than Haikyuu now. The anime will make it the biggest manga of 2016.
I don't know if you're talking of current Haikyuu vs current My Hero Academia or if you're talking of vol.8 My Hero Academia vs vol.8 Haikyuu.

If you're talking of currently, My Hero Academia is far away from haikyuu!! Haikyuu!! sells two times more.
If you're talking of vol.8, Haikyuu!! was definitely selling less. In terms of overall print numbers, Haikyuu!! reached 4 Million copies in volume 9 and in 10 it got 5.5 Million. For now My Hero Academia is winning the race with 4.2 Million in volume 8.

Note that just because My Hero Academia was doing better than Haikyuu!! by volume 8, it doesn't mean that the anime boost will be bigger, though it probably increases the odds. Assassination Classroom was in 7 Million copies overall in volume 7, while Haikyuu!! was at 2.5 Million. Still Haikyuu!! got a so much bigger anime boost, and now is close to it in copies printed.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So no one is talking about how amazing BnHA first episode? Based BONES delivers again, I've been listening to the OP on a loop for the past 24 hours
I'll take 13 episode of this over 60 or 70 episodes done by pierrot or toei any day

there's small jump in its old volumes sales from what i can see shoseki, :heartsGolden Kamui:hearts is getting a big increase tho, I guess that's the effect of word of mouth & Taisho awards
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
All the volumes of BHA are sold out. It`s the best manga for 2016.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So no one is talking about how amazing BnHA first episode? Based BONES delivers again, I've been listening to the OP on a loop for the past 24 hours
I'll take 13 episode of this over 60 or 70 episodes done by pierrot or toei any day

there's small jump in its old volumes sales from what i can see shoseki, :heartsGolden Kamui:hearts is getting a big increase tho, I guess that's the effect of word of mouth & Taisho awards
could you give me the link?
 

Lehran

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
362
Reaction score
493
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil



Jump Next #02-2016 will include oneshots done by the authors of Magico, Ultra Battle Satellite and Takujou no Ageha.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States



Jump Next #02-2016 will include oneshots done by the authors of Magico, Ultra Battle Satellite and Takujou no Ageha.
Nice, I usually like Iwamoto's stuff. Think I even still have the NEXT issue with Section 459 lying around somewhere.
Also, he new NEXT issue's two posters are going to be the MHA anime and a Food Wars/Ghost Tits crossover.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How in the world is Ghost Tits successful?
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
How in the world is Ghost Tits successful?
Have you read it yet ?

I've read up to 7 translated chapter ( in Vietnamese if anyone asks) plus chapter 8 and 9 in Japanese and I want to point out something ( based on observation and opinion) .

The manga is episodic just like To Love Ru. The rank will vary chapter by chapter . To Love Ru debut at rank #5 (source: http://pharaodopazoplus.blogspot.com/p/weekly-shonen-jump-pure-rankings-2006.html)
The first couple chapters of To Love Ru rank were : 5, color page, 7, 9 ,7 ,9 ,6, 6 ,7 , colour page, 11,9 , 12, 11...

The art is good, however the comedies are cliches. But since the main heroine is a ghost, it has some funny element ( he went on a date with her, but no one can see her...)

The casts are average.

The protagonist isn't like other harem protagonist, since he doesn't "like" anyone, and he isn't wimpy like Rito or Raku .

I think this series might be a high/okay sales low ranking series . This series might survive because diversity in the magazine .
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm moderately excited about the next issue of Jump Next. Might have to pick it up.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,937
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So no one is talking about how amazing BnHA first episode? Based BONES delivers again, I've been listening to the OP on a loop for the past 24 hours
I'll take 13 episode of this over 60 or 70 episodes done by pierrot or toei any day

there's small jump in its old volumes sales from what i can see shoseki, :heartsGolden Kamui:hearts is getting a big increase tho, I guess that's the effect of word of mouth & Taisho awards
It was actually a pretty unexciting and bad first episode. No excitement, bad op song (good ed song at least), however it did have Kaminari, a silly Todoroki moment that was meme'd for a bit, and lots of Kirishima upper body so it wasnt a total waste, but episode content wise, another bad bones production.I was hoping itd be as good as BLast of Tempest for Bones and at least Owari no Serafu adaptation visual quality.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top