Anybody else watching Daredevil Season 2 on Netflix? I had heard bad things but I just finished episode 4 and I'm loving it. Seems just as good as Season 1 to me. Makes me kind of wonder if it was a victim of over hyping.
Already kind of want a Punisher series too or maybe a movie. Jon Bernthal is fantastic as Frank Castle. He nails the kind of grizzled anti-hero thing without overplaying it. Going for a very calm and controlled version of the character as opposed to the angry version the previous movies usually went for.
Anybody else watching Daredevil Season 2 on Netflix? I had heard bad things but I just finished episode 4 and I'm loving it. Seems just as good as Season 1 to me. Makes me kind of wonder if it was a victim of over hyping.
Already kind of want a Punisher series too or maybe a movie. Jon Bernthal is fantastic as Frank Castle. He nails the kind of grizzled anti-hero thing without overplaying it. Going for a very calm and controlled version of the character as opposed to the angry version the previous movies usually went for.
The first 4-5 episodes were the best of the season, so that´s not surprising. Punisher was amazing but then other stuff happens afterwards which are not nearly as appealing, exciting and suspenseful, at least in my opinion.
Yeah, the early season was amazing. Lot thanks to Punisher. I liked the later part of the season too, though it wasn't as compelling. Good effort with Elektra, but I just didn't find her interesting. It was really cool to see some old school ninjas and ninja action though. As on previous season, the fight choreographies were what made the show.
While Punisher was badass and all, and Murdocks struggles were interesting, my favorite character were Ellen Page and particulary Foggy. They were the ones I could really relate to during the show.
Karen Page, but yes I agree; they really allowed for her character to shine this season. It's just ironic that with all her knack for investigating, she hadn't figured Matt's secret identity.
My takeaways were similar but more positive. I loved the Punisher and liked Electra(who is a character I never liked before). The season was very different from season 1 but I thought it was just as good, overall. Just a lot more character centric as opposed to focusing on a big bad.
Karen Page's character arc was my favorite too. The rapport that build up between her and the Frank Castle was fantastic. I loved some of the parts with Electra too but her story was bit more uneven. Got pretty great toward the end though.
The only thing I didn't like was how Foggy became the designated "You can't do it Rocky!" character. Wasn't a fan of that.
Still a 5/5 for me.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
After I was done with Daredevil I was so hungry for more I finally sat down to watch Jessica Jones. Was not a fan of that show at all. Not only did it lean way to far into the gritty drama side of things for my tastes. I found the characters unlikable and the story kind of dumb.
David Tennant and Krysten Ritter were great and all but she could have just killed him a 4th of the way through the show and didn't because... it would have made too much sense I guess.
There is this part where they find out anesthetics shut off his powers and do an elaborate thing to dart him. If they can shoot him with a dart why not a bullet?
2/5 for me. Killgrave would have lasted about 2 seconds against Frank Castle.
Anybody here watched "Victorious"? My friend recommend me greatly to watch it I read some information about it here but for now it seems for me that it can be mostly interesting for the fans of Ariana Grande What can you say guys? Is it worth for watching?
Any thoughts on Preacher guys?
I think i will enjoy this show....i think the pilot caught my attention more than Badlands did...yet to be seen if its on the levet as say TWD season 1....
Any thoughts on Preacher guys?
I think i will enjoy this show....i think the pilot caught my attention more than Badlands did...yet to be seen if its on the levet as say TWD season 1....
Cassidy was brilliant to watch and listen to + cinematography is great so far (feels like a mix of Fargo and an Edgar Wright movie) but beyond that, too early to tell, definitely caught my attention as well though
Why the comparison with TWD though? Seems like different type of shows to me.
It would bei very tiresome to nitpick every detail because the Pilot already deviated from the source material.
I was surprised in a positive way that they somehow managed to keep the spirit of the GN.
Am I the only one who is pretty hyped by this? I have yet to read the book (had been waiting to find it from a library or an antiquarian shop). But Gaiman is always Gaiman. Ian McShane is always Ian McShane. Ricky Whittle is one of the things that keeps the 100 alive and worth watching. The promo pics have an interesting visual appeal.
I'm a bit worried since it Starz and was originally red-lighted by HBO. (They said that while the idea was great, they could never just get the script right, even after working with several writers). The main creative force have good credits though. Or well, lot of stuff that had its moments and stuff that were at times bad. (Pushing Daisies, Hannibal, Smallville, Heroes, Sex and the City). Michael Green also has some other projects currently that might be amazing or might be horrible (Blade Runner 2, Prometheus 2, Murder on the Orient Express remake).
So far seems really good, but could just turn to any direction.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also, a new teaser for HBOs Westworld
The teaser itself is bit of an mess, too much going on. But it is intriguing and looks very good.