Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Assassination Classroom has hit 24 million copies in print
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Authors serialized in Jump GIGA and their works from right to left:


Tokyo Kigo Tanpou - Shiibashi Hiroshi
Blue Archipelago Sapporo・September
Story by Tsukuda Yuuto, Art by Hirakei
Shinigiwa - Fukuda Kentarou
Ginatashiki - Miki Yuu
Flower Samurai of Sahara - Shibata Yuusaku
Gensou Kojikiden (Illusionary Commentary on the Kojiki) - Kyou Kazuro
Man, I really thought Shibata Yuusaku would serialized Zippo.....
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Blue Archipelago Sapporo・September
Story by Tsukuda Yuuto, Art by Hirakei
Why does Tsukuda Yuuto have another serialization? He has his hands full on SnS already.
 

UFOCat

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
201
Reaction score
56
Age
29
Country
United States
Is Miki Yuu the guy that did that one battle manga about the momtaro legend, but like modern day, and it was called "Peach" something? Wish I could remember the name.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
While the story of Zippo wasn't really anything original, I really did like the robot designs. I wish Shibata Yuusaku stayed with Zippo because those robot designs where really cool! I'm more surprised that he's doing another samurai story. Hopefully he's learned something since Yokemono.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is Miki Yuu the guy that did that one battle manga about the momtaro legend, but like modern day, and it was called "Peach" something? Wish I could remember the name.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
While the story of Zippo wasn't really anything original, I really did like the robot designs. I wish Shibata Yuusaku stayed with Zippo because those robot designs where really cool! I'm more surprised that he's doing another samurai story. Hopefully he's learned something since Yokemono.
No, he did Cyborg Roggy. You are thinking of Peach Pluck and the guy that did Garden. No idea if or when he will be serialized, think he is a tremendous talent.

So in earnest, Jump Giga begins in September?
 

UFOCat

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
201
Reaction score
56
Age
29
Country
United States
Yeah, your right, Yuu Miki did Cyborg Roggy. Dang, his art has changed so much I didn't even recognize it.
 

KageTrigger

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2014
Messages
287
Reaction score
235
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would like to read Shibashi Hroshi's the most. I liked both Nurarihyon no Mago and Illegal Rare.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, your right, Yuu Miki did Cyborg Roggy. Dang, his art has changed so much I didn't even recognize it.
Oh, is there a preview pic available?
 

UFOCat

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
201
Reaction score
56
Age
29
Country
United States
If you look on the previous page you can see his art there.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Don't see the Yugari-san volume , it because it will have more chapter in the volume than Kimetsu , problem with the stock , don't want release it with BnH and other or simple only it wasn't shown

According Anime News Network are series.
I don't think all will be series,at least shiibashi and tsukuda I feels more a One shot than a series.
And I don't think they will have more than 3 volume.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If you look on the previous page you can see his art there.
Thanks, it wasn't showing up for me earlier. Yeah, it does look like his art changed a bit. I didn't get to read the oneshot he did in NEXT from last fall. I think it's hard to launch so many series at once, and to determine which are successful. It seems with the recent magazine launches, there is only one breakout series and the rest struggle to survive.
 

Lehran

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
362
Reaction score
493
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Don't see the Yugari-san volume , it because it will have more chapter in the volume than Kimetsu , problem with the stock , don't want release it with BnH and other or simple only it wasn't shown
It's still scheduled for June 3rd, the cover just has not been revealed yet.
 

UFOCat

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
201
Reaction score
56
Age
29
Country
United States
How well does Black Clover sell? I can't say I'm a fan, nor can I say I hate it, but it really baffles me that it's stayed around for this long while other series with the exact same premise get cancelled after two volumes (closes series that comes to mind is Sensei no Baruji). I'm more or less curious to see how it sells because the ratings on Amazon Japan never go above 3 1/2 stars, a lot of people on here complain about it, and while I know the people on here aren't the people who buy Jump and vote every week, surely the Japanese must share the same sentiments. Black Clover is just an enigma to me. It's just hard to comprehend it's survival let alone it's success.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
How well does Black Clover sell? I can't say I'm a fan, nor can I say I hate it, but it really baffles me that it's stayed around for this long while other series with the exact same premise get cancelled after two volumes (closes series that comes to mind is Sensei no Baruji). I'm more or less curious to see how it sells because the ratings on Amazon Japan never go above 3 1/2 stars, a lot of people on here complain about it, and while I know the people on here aren't the people who buy Jump and vote every week, surely the Japanese must share the same sentiments. Black Clover is just an enigma to me. It's just hard to comprehend it's survival let alone it's success.
Ill post the data for all six volumes so far.
ブラッククローバー

│ 初動. (日)│ 2週計| 3週計| 4週計| 5週計┃  累計 (日数)┃ 発売日.│タイトル
│*38128 (4)│----------│------------│------│------┃*,*38,128 (**4)┃2015/06|ブラッククローバー 1

│*61918 (6)│-----------│------│------│------┃*,*61,918 (**6)┃2015/08|ブラッククローバー 2
│*43122 (2)│*80462│------│------│------┃*,*80,462 (**9)┃2015/10|ブラッククローバー 3

│*56951 (3)│*93866│------│------│------┃*,*93,866 (*10)┃2015/12|ブラッククローバー 4
│*60149 (3)│108503│------│------│------┃*,108,503 (*10)┃2016/03|ブラッククローバー 5
│*95799 (7)│118783│------│------│------┃*,118,783 (*14)┃2016/05|ブラッククローバー 6
The far right column is the volume number. These are the numbers recorded from oricon and from POS that are added gradually. The column titled "累計 (日数)" is the total number of copies sold for the data we have. Its selling rather well for a series this new.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
BLack Clover is popular for the same reason McDonald's is popular

cheap, easy to reach, easy to consume, looks good despite being bad for you......
 

ryozen

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 22, 2015
Messages
22
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
IMO Black Clover doesn't sell good enough given the fact that it's receiving almost the same treatment that, for example, Shokugeki no Soma got by Jump until its chapter 63
SnS: 3 covers, 14 color pages
BC: 3 covers, 16 color pages
And BC's volume 7 needed two weeks (14 days) to sell 118k while Soma's volume 7 sold 247k in 9 days... At this point BC should be selling 200k.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Why does Tsukuda Yuuto have another serialization? He has his hands full on SnS already.
The are mangaka who professionally handle more than one serialization at a time. And Tsukuda is doing only the writing ever since his own drawn Shonen Shikku was cancelled.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top