Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickJGM

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 11, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Age
29
Country
Indonesia
Agree , also it will have nipples in the volume.
More affraid of Kimetsu, still it has better look than mononofu or Samon-kun in my opinion(talk about how will to sell not quality)
Is that "nipple" thing is legit? xD
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
I think he is talking about if the image is fake or not.
Yuna having nipple didn't a surprise if it's true, TLR (not like Darkness) and pajama have nipples , I suppose Souma don't have nipple to appeal a large target(?) and Nisekoi because is more comedy(the spin off have nipple).
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Lady Justice included nipples in the volumes too.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Still no Hinomaru Zumou anime announcement, why Jump, whyyyyyyyyyy ;-;
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Not all Jump manga get the annunciement like BnH, WT or HxH.
Still to soon for Zumou.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Hopefully I am wrong, but there is no way Yuragi will sell 60-80k in the first week.

Here were the sale for TLR with an anime boost

159,028 To-LOVE-Ru vol.11
157,866 To-LOVE-Ru vol.12
148,441 To-LOVE-Ru vol.13
106,207 To-LOVE-Ru vol.14, 28,217 To-LOVE-Ru vol.14 with OVA
129,490 To-LOVE-Ru vol.15, 36,332 To-LOVE-Ru vol.15 with OVA
102,242 To-LOVE-Ru vol.16
88,709 To-LOVE-Ru vol.17, 31,631 To-LOVE-Ru vol.17 with OVA
126,490 To-LOVE-Ru vol.18, 71,995 To-LOVE-Ru vol.18

These were 2-3 weeks sale. TLR normally debuted around 70-80k first week. I don't have data before 2008 though :(.
 
Last edited:

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
With the end of the anime World Trigger rank will go down. And it seems the sales peak with volume 14. It's only down from here.
 

kobester11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 8, 2013
Messages
148
Reaction score
53
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Well the bottom pretty much consists of manga that Jump will never cancel, so one could say Yuno-san is in the bottom and Jump could just be giving it a little push, or a big push since it crossed over with Soma for a poster in Next. Like when does a relatively new series without even one volume released get the chance for a poster in next?
If you're talking about Kochikame and Isobe, then yes those two will never get canceled. The others though, pretty sure they're gonna or will get canned.

Regarding the color page. From what I know, SnS' author used to be an assistant for Yuna-san's author so they must be good friends? Heck, one character from yuna-san(was it the class-rep?) cameoed at SnS.

I guess Yuna-san is one of the examples why Jump can be unpredictable sometimes. Look at Samon and Sesuji, I thought they'd get cancelled after 25 or so chapters. But they're still there stronger than ever and constantly getting color pages.
 

Ryuma00

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
115
Reaction score
48
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Slovakia
If you're talking about Kochikame and Isobe, then yes those two will never get canceled. The others though, pretty sure they're gonna or will get canned.
Sure Bleach will be canned... It's ending for years and it remain that way until it ends. It's one of the best selling manga in the Jump's history if people like it or not, so it has special spot together with Kochikame and Isobe. On other hand Toriko (with lately rushing things) and especialy Nisekoi are heading to natural conclusion. Nisekoi has probably only few chapters left.
 

UFOCat

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
201
Reaction score
56
Age
29
Country
United States
I wonder when the savior of jump (mangaka who did Gold and that other one shot that if someone could link me to it I would be very appreciative because I really want to read it) will make his debut.
 

Deathinteresse

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2015
Messages
67
Reaction score
61
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Hopefully I am wrong, but there is no way Yuragi will sell 60-80k in the first week.
I highly doubt that they even print that amount of volumes...

anyway I bought the first volume of yuuna-san and hopefully it sells good enough to meet the jump expectations
 

UFOCat

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
201
Reaction score
56
Age
29
Country
United States
Warning I'm about to bring out the old man in me, why is there nudity in shonen manga? Aren't shonen manga supposed to be for kids? Yeah, I know the excuse "it's a different culture", but not really. Wasn't there a case where a mother found her sons To Love Ru manga and brought it to the Japanese courts to complain about it being to inappropriate for her child, and the Japanese judge was like "I don't care, next". My main complaint is why nudity in a shonen, save that stuff for seinens.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Shonen is not solely for kids tho.
I guess they label the volumes so you know what to expect.

And come on, they're nipples for God's sake. These series are full of blood and fights. I'm pretty sure the japanese youth can tolerate a pair of boobs.
 

UFOCat

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
201
Reaction score
56
Age
29
Country
United States
If you had a child in grade school or middle school would you allow him/her to view something like that? No, I wouldn't. Sure there is blood in shonen manga, but shonen manga isn't super gory. I would give a standard amount of blood (something like bleach) a 14+, heavier gore would be 16+ and that's also what I would give bare breasts.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
If you have a children , he will read a komodo or a shonen.Also children ironically are more inmune than us to creepy are adult shit, I remember arc the lad when the fucking protagonist choke to death her childhood friend.
 

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
With the end of the anime World Trigger rank will go down. And it seems the sales peak with volume 14. It's only down from here.
The only thing an Anime boosts are the Tankobon sales while the ToC ratings usually stay the same or get a very minor boost. Only a super-popular show that brings a hordes of new readers would have a major effect on ToC ranking.

Warning I'm about to bring out the old man in me, why is there nudity in shonen manga? Aren't shonen manga supposed to be for kids? Yeah, I know the excuse "it's a different culture", but not really. Wasn't there a case where a mother found her sons To Love Ru manga and brought it to the Japanese courts to complain about it being to inappropriate for her child, and the Japanese judge was like "I don't care, next". My main complaint is why nudity in a shonen, save that stuff for seinens.
Nudity is not much of a problem in general, sometimes not even in the west (I even remember seeing ads with a woman getting naked). It's only the more explicit materials, Ecchi/******, that are considered inappropriate for kids (and TLR is bordering that).
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wonder when the savior of jump (mangaka who did Gold and that other one shot that if someone could link me to it I would be very appreciative because I really want to read it) will make his debut.
Wonderful Wonder World. They have really dropped the ball with and the mangaka of Garden and Peach Pluck. But what do I know, I never thought Ghost Tits and Kimetsu would stick around. Never forget....Best Blue.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Light that covers the area are more dumb then nipples itself.

One Piece has slavery, violence, murder. The concept is about becoming a pirate.
Deathnote is about a kid who kill people with notebook. Violence and Murder
Yuyu hakusho has devils eating human. The beginning of Yugioh is edgy as well.
Detective Conan has murdering and violence too.

edit: DC is not jump so different standard, my bad.

It's like saying parents are fine with kids playing GTA V or Call of Duty, but they flip out when kids play Dead or Alive.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top