Byron

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2015
Messages
498
Reaction score
262
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
It's really strange seeing greek alphabet being used for tatoos, I had no idea it was a "trend" lol.
 

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
652
Reaction score
557
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I haven't gotten back the grade yet, i'll let you know how it went! I've written papers for several english classes which included papers on D.Gray-Man and Princess Mononoke.....
I would love to read some of these though I doubt you still have them. I like when students write about "weird" stuff but still apply the concepts and ideas. I was never gutsy enough to do it myself! I could have written a great DGM paper.
 

Byron

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2015
Messages
498
Reaction score
262
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
I would love to read some of these though I doubt you still have them. I like when students write about "weird" stuff but still apply the concepts and ideas. I was never gutsy enough to do it myself! I could have written a great DGM paper.
Unfortunately in my country they never care for creativity, at least not in compositions. It's all about writing what they want to hear, such boredom. I however do write short stories and novels, my lengthiest is 19 pages so far :)
 

Qixus

Party Starter
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2016
Messages
593
Reaction score
921
Age
32
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Snap, guys. I haven't seen Arima's name written until today, and now I understand why Kaneki gave Arima a horse pen. Because Arima's name have the Kanji for horse "馬” so it was sort of a joke. I get it now. Arima (有馬) is the horse daddy. Ha! Funny.
 

candy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2010
Messages
756
Reaction score
103
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I would love to read some of these though I doubt you still have them. I like when students write about "weird" stuff but still apply the concepts and ideas. I was never gutsy enough to do it myself! I could have written a great DGM paper.
Well I got full marks for the Tokyo ghoul one....although there were no comments.

Unfortunately my computer died a few years ago and silly me did not save my files onto a flashdrive...may those papers RIP with my laptop hardrive. For the one it was relating the DGM to the monomyth (which was actually quite difficult because for the paper we had to include all parts of the monomyth and DGM has not ended yet) and for Princess Mononoke I viewed the film from a new criticism lens and did your typical "war is bad, there are no victors" spiel. honestly princess mononoke covers so many topics you could really take it any way you want to :)
 

Dragoon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2016
Messages
603
Reaction score
476
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Oh DGM... why do all the good manga have such troubled mangakas? They are sick or have writers block or something else entirely... Dgm mangaka: sick very often. Berserk: no fucking clue but after all these years of on and off releases imma go with loss of interest with his own creation. HxH: No clue either but could be the same situation as berserks mangaka. It would truly be a pity if these mangakas (with the exception of Dgm's) lost interest in their works.
 

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
652
Reaction score
557
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I try to imagine what I would do if TG went on indefinite hiatus and oh god please Ishida stay healthy and interested in TG. I can barely stand the two week break we get around the holidays.

In other news, Volume 6 debuted at #1 in Japan with sales of 350K plus in one week. Apparently, sales have been increasing steadily over the last few volumes maybe because the pace is picking up :)
 

Sole

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2016
Messages
208
Reaction score
174
Age
44
Country
Canada
Is there a break for easter?

I only follow TG and One Piece weekly, otherwise I like to read the volumes, most mangas don't pace that well to be read on a weekly basis, but it's nice to have something every week to look forward to.
 

Dragoon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2016
Messages
603
Reaction score
476
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
@Iownamovingcastle that'd be horrible... thankfully ishida seems to be extremely dedicated so your fears have no reason to ever play out (hopefully). I'd certainly lose a great light in my life tho :(
Few books/shows/movies etc... have had stories as engaging as TG's for me and with the hours I work I'd probably never summon up the will power to look for another good story (manga) in my free time to entertain me, so losing TG would suck.

No surprises there. Ishida is a master of his craft
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,216
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
Did anyone notice when Eto was chasing Kankei her kagune was talking about the planted tree bearing fruit and apples? So when do you reckon Eto started to thinking about giving her apple to Kankei? Her Kagune still creeps me the fuck out.
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,216
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
Is Arima IXA made from Arata?
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Is Arima IXA made from Arata?
I've seen this theory around, but it doesn't have much substance behind it. They are both koukaku, Arima wasn't shown with IXA before Arata was defeated and it could bear some vague similarity to the Arata armor quinque, but that's where the clues end as far as I know.

So, unless it were Ishida's intention to propose the morbid circumstance of the Reaper of the CCG employing the lovely Kirishima couple as his weapons of choice to murder ghouls by the dozens, it's very possible that the aforementioned clues are all just a coincidence.
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,216
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
I've seen this theory around, but it doesn't have much substance behind it. They are both koukaku, Arima wasn't shown with IXA before Arata was defeated and it could bear some vague similarity to the Arata armor quinque, but that's where the clues end as far as I know.

So, unless it were Ishida's intention to propose the morbid circumstance of the Reaper of the CCG employing the lovely Kirishima couple as his weapons of choice to murder ghouls by the dozens, it's very possible that the aforementioned clues are all just a coincidence.
Since it Ishida I could see him doing something like that with the Kirishima couple.
 

Dragoon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2016
Messages
603
Reaction score
476
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
He's only missing the suit
 

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
652
Reaction score
557
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Someone shopped him to be wearing a red glove and have a mole. I died-whoever that is really does look like Furuta. I will post it if I can find it again. I think I saw it on Tumblr.
I wonder if we will ever get to see Furuta animated...
 

Byron

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2015
Messages
498
Reaction score
262
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
found Furuta irl Xd

Holy Shit, if Furuta is that creepy in just a manga, I cannot imagine how I would feel with tha guy in the same room.
 

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
652
Reaction score
557
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Ok so I can't believe no one has posted this, but apparently Ishida is actually doing a Hisoka backstory one shot that will be canon because it is overseen by Togashi and will be published in an actual magazine? Like, does this happen a lot in the manga world? Where does Ishida get the time?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...er-for-hunter-hunter-character-hisoka/.102821
He draws younger Hisoka so cute omg.
 
Top