Quarterfinal - God Serena vs Natsu Dragneel | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal God Serena vs Natsu Dragneel

Which Fighter Advances?

• God Serena

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 37 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • During the Quarter Finals, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
God SerenaNatsu Dragneel
Discussion will end on: June 14th, 2016
Voting will end on: June 15th, 2016

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Hmm this is a tough one. I have put God Serena down for now, but will wait for discussion before truly committing. FDKM is still powerful enough to win, but God Serena has resistance to fire...

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm giving this one to Natsu Dragneel high-diff.

From the elements that God Serena has shown, the Hurricane Dragon and Sea King Dragon elements would be the most effective as wind and water are the worst match-ups for fire as stated in the manga, but Natsu has previously shown he can dispel wind magic and evaporate water, so they'd be moot against him in FDKM. Then there is Serena's Fire Mode, which even if it would give him a resistance to Natsu's Fire, Natsu could just eat Serena's and get powered up while Serena has no feats to show he can eat elements so its not clear if he can or not with those eight lacrima. That leaves Serena's earth dragon magic which really only broke up the ground.

Meanwhile, Natsu has LFD, FDKM and DF to use and seeing Serena hasn't shown anything to at least match the output of FDKM, I'd say Natsu takes this. With more attack power and attacks with a larger AOE, its hard for Serena to match him (Doing a lot of damage with one shot to defeat a Spriggan > Three attacks to take out opponents weaker than a Spriggan).

The President

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Serenas only saving merit here is his potential resistance to fire, though it has already been shown that there is a limit to how much power they could eat. Serena might be able to eat Natsus regular roar but I doubt he could do anything about FDKM. Natsu wins High-Diff. Would be Mid-diff if the fire resistance wasn't a factor.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Giving this battle to Natsu high diff.He has FDKM,DF and LFD in his arsenal.He can easily use LFD to get rid of Serena's elemental advantage.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
  • M.Attack: Natsu =< Serena
  • F.Attack: Natsu << Serena (Earth element)
  • Defense: Natsu => Serena
  • Stamina: Natsu >> Serena (Natsu is most hardy mage in manga)
  • Speed: Natsu = Serena
  • Versatility: Natsu <<< Serena
  • Intelligence: Natsu => Serena (yeah)
  • MP: Natsu <<< Serena (Natsu take a crap when he meet Randy)
  • Natsu < Serena
Natsu will win.
Difficult - 9,9\10

But I pick Serena bs in real fight he will win and in this tournament more others poeple will be voting for Natsu bs he is main character...

Last edited:

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I pick g. Serena. He is the strongest mage on Ishgar. Plus current Natsu after training for a year IS NOT YET stronger than a mage that has been training for a far longer time.

Natsu will eventually get a power up to become stronger. For now, current Natsu loses to the best mage on Ishgar.

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
I'm going with Goddy for now, high-diff. Even though he's only got one feat, that feat was trashing the 3 strongest mages on the continent + Jura. Also, I'm not sure why people are only counting GS Dragon Slayer Magic, he stomped the GoI + Jura off-panel with a different Magic, so he's got something else in reserves if Natsu starts eating his DS magic.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm going with Goddy for now, high-diff. Even though he's only got one feat, that feat was trashing the 3 strongest mages on the continent + Jura. Also, I'm not sure why people are only counting GS Dragon Slayer Magic, he stomped the GoI + Jura off-panel with a different Magic, so he's got something else in reserves if Natsu starts eating his DS magic.
Well we can only really count what we've actually seen in the manga, so even if he did use different magic beforehand, we haven't seen it so its hard to say what it is and how effective it could be. Plus, there is nothing that actually shows the Gods of Ishgar to be the strongest in Ishgar. Serena yes, the rest really haven't shown much prowess when it comes to fighting apart from getting trashed by Serena, so as Warrod once said for the most part it really is just a title given to people.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Well we can only really count what we've actually seen in the manga, so even if he did use different magic beforehand, we haven't seen it so its hard to say what it is and how effective it could be. Plus, there is nothing that actually shows the Gods of Ishgar to be the strongest in Ishgar. Serena yes, the rest really haven't shown much prowess when it comes to fighting apart from getting trashed by Serena, so as Warrod once said for the most part it really is just a title given to people.
That's a fair point, though he still casually roflstomped 4 people above GMG Jura level and only used his primary magic when pushed. Also, Warrod is incredibly humble, as mentioned by Erza. All things considered, the GoI + Jura are likely > Base Natsu.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
That's a fair point, though he still casually roflstomped 4 people above GMG Jura level and only used his primary magic when pushed. Also, Warrod is incredibly humble, as mentioned by Erza. All things considered, the GoI + Jura are likely > Base Natsu.
It is not necessary. He can used the same magic. Laxus always use lightning but no one didnt know that he is DS. Why do you think Serena has other types of magic??

Last edited:

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It is not necessary. He can used the same magic. Laxus always use lightning but no one didnt know that he DS. Why do you think Serena has other types of magic??
CR translation said crakl effects were coming from him. So another form of magic.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
It is not necessary. He can used the same magic. Laxus always use lightning but no one didnt know that he DS. Why do you think Serena has other types of magic??
I'm mainly taking this off of the state of shock the GoI + Jura were in when he started using DS Magic, not sure if the elements would be different but it's still another form of Magic.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Base Natsu one shotted an opponent close to Jura level i.e. Bluenote.And he proved to be a match of Ajeel in Base state.So i say Base Natsu>GOI.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I'm mainly taking this off of the state of shock the GoI + Jura were in when he started using DS Magic, not sure if the elements would be different but it's still another form of Magic.
Another form of fire or water magic is still fire and water magic. For Natsu it is not care. While mage dont say "Dragon's" he still use same magic, but without dragon "words"

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Base Natsu one shotted an opponent close to Jura level i.e. Bluenote.And he proved to be a match of Ajeel in Base state.So i say Base Natsu>GOI.
I think this depends on how you see the GoI tbh, I hold them in fairly high regard given their hype and how August called Hyberions Magic "Impressive". As for Natsu > GoI + Jura I don't really buy that, GoI + Jura are all > GMG Jura (who was giving GMG Laxus an extreme-diff fight), so unless you feel current Base Natsu is better than 4 GMG Laxus'/Jellal's/Jura's than I'm not sure how Natsu would be better than them. Plus that's assuming that they're only a little bit stronger when they could be stronger by a solid amount. In my eyes God Serena casually stomping GoI + Jura > Natsu contenting with Ajeel.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Another form of fire or water magic is still fire and water magic. For Natsu it is not care. While mage dont say "Dragon's" he still use same magic, but without dragon "words"
Don't get me wrong, I don't think that this is a massive thing, I was just putting the fact that God Serena has none DS Magic out there.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
God Serena takes this mid diff.

Natsu couldn't even solo a restricted Spriggan, so yeah this wouldn't be too hard for the strongest mage of Ishgar.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Why I
Don't get me wrong, I don't think that this is a massive thing, I was just putting the fact that God Serena has none DS Magic out there.
There is no facts for that in manga.

And my TOP:
Laxus >>
Serena \ Ajeel >>
Hyberion >
Jellal =
Wolf =
Warrod >
Natsu >
Jura

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
There is no facts for that in manga.
It's either him using other magic or tearing them a new one via hand-to-hand, either way that's impressive.
And my TOP:
Laxus >>
Serena \ Ajeel >>
Hyberion >
Jellal =
Wolf =
Warrod >
Natsu >
Jura
That's roughly my power scale atm, though I hold Jellal in higher esteem.

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
God Serena takes this mid diff.

Natsu couldn't even solo a restricted Spriggan, so yeah this wouldn't be too hard for the strongest mage of Ishgar.
Natsu was a LOT more restricted then Jacob was though, the only way in which the latter was restricted was due to some help from Lucy but Natsu did not want to damage the guild so he was restricted to light CQC combat (I stress light because he wouldn't have hit Jacob so hard as to send him flying through the guild).

I'm going to be somewhat surprised if Serena actually beats out Natsu here. Dude looses in both feats and hype. Frankly speaking, August should be strong enough to downright curbstomp someone of Serenas caliber (Lower-Middle of the Spriggans) and I doubt Natsu is going to get curbstomped, even if he does get his ass handed to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.