Sole

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2016
Messages
208
Reaction score
174
Age
44
Country
Canada
yeah there's a translation for that interview as well

pretty insane how many things he has drawn over just the last year, weekly serialization and all of those cards/calendar...
 

Byron

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2015
Messages
498
Reaction score
262
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Ok so I can't believe no one has posted this, but apparently Ishida is actually doing a Hisoka backstory one shot that will be canon because it is overseen by Togashi and will be published in an actual magazine? Like, does this happen a lot in the manga world? Where does Ishida get the time?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...er-for-hunter-hunter-character-hisoka/.102821
He draws younger Hisoka so cute omg.
No wonder there were rumours about him being Togashi. Definitely an odd coincidence. I wonder if this is just a well planned trick to attract attention. You know, taking advantage of this conspiracy theory and breathing life into it to increase the sales of both TG and HxH, it's a win/win honestly.
 
Last edited:

Agent Phrank

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2015
Messages
152
Reaction score
466
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13

Sole

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2016
Messages
208
Reaction score
174
Age
44
Country
Canada
Interesting that Togashi wants to write a prequel that takes place right before this (meaning he wants to make it canon)
 

Byron

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 16, 2015
Messages
498
Reaction score
262
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Interesting that Togashi wants to write a prequel that takes place right before this (meaning he wants to make it canon)
It's a huge testament to Ishida's talent honestly, especially if you take into consideration how picky Togashi is with his assistants. That or he became so lazy that any free material for his story is welcome :P
 

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
652
Reaction score
557
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Apparently it is getting a live action movie. I am SO excited. Those are usually TERRIBLE but I love them so much. Like, they are so bad they become good.
Still want that anime remake though.
 

hollowdemon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2007
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
330
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Apparently it is getting a live action movie. I am SO excited. Those are usually TERRIBLE but I love them so much. Like, they are so bad they become good.
Still want that anime remake though.
Oh no....
we saw what happened with Attack on Titan, I'd really hate for a butchering of this manga next. Hopefully it turns out good if so but I'm highly skeptical.
 

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
652
Reaction score
557
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I can guarantee they will butcher it, but we will have fun making fun of it :p
I actually remember the Death Note live action being good so I guess it is possible. It has been a long time since I watched that though so I may be remembering incorrectly.
 

Su Tunc

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2016
Messages
228
Reaction score
235
Country
Turkey
OMG! I just thought that Tokyo Ghoul is getting a live-action movie and I was like "No way!"

TG is still on theaters in Japan. I really would like to see it but i can't. A live action movie would be great for the ones who live faaar faaaaaaaaar (actually, faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar) away from Japan :(
 

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
652
Reaction score
557
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I wonder if its possible that they would do a limited showing in the US? They do for larger franchises here-Bleach, Naruto, a few others. I am not sure Tokyo Ghoul is on their level though (in fact, likely not). Also, I am not sure I have ever actually seen a live action come over here.
I live near a major city though so it would definitely come here if it does!
 

Su Tunc

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2016
Messages
228
Reaction score
235
Country
Turkey
I wonder if its possible that they would do a limited showing in the US? They do for larger franchises here-Bleach, Naruto, a few others. I am not sure Tokyo Ghoul is on their level though (in fact, likely not). Also, I am not sure I have ever actually seen a live action come over here.
I live near a major city though so it would definitely come here if it does!
I am even okay with France or Germany but Japan or the US is impossible :(

But I guess, if you can collect signs with a campaign, they can arrange a show somewhere in States. I am not sure if there are lots of TG fans in the US but it is really possible (You can enjoy the show while me crying in my bed at 4 o'clock in the morning)
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Just a few random topics I found interesting:
1: Arata
Arata was imprisoned before this series even began and we have had only short back stories involving Yomo. We know that to produce Multiple Quinque, the ghoul needs to be alive to harvest the Kakahou, as seen with Kanou using Rize. There are the two Arata Ptrotas, and Arata Prota Mark II, then there are theories that the Ixas used by Arima Squad are made from Arata also? I think he might make an appearance in Cochlea before too long...

2: The robed giant.
This is obviously Amon, but what are his motives? He saved Saiko, indicated by the fppt shown slamming into the pavent a part of Arata Prota Mk II, but is he on Rue, or Cochlea? Maybe he'll try and bust Popora out of Cochlea...

3: Tatara vs Houji.
I don't want either of the two of them to die since neither has had much back story or character development. I think we'll be seeing some action over there very soon...

4: What is Kaneki going to do even if he escapes Cochlea?
I don't know where Kaneki might go after this arc... I can't see him going back to :re, though he might relent in his ways and go with them...

5: Eto
It seems to me that Eto is trying to redeem herself in Kaneki's eyes... What are her motives? Will Kaneki save her from being "dominated" by Furata?

Just some of my thoughts :3
 

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
652
Reaction score
557
Gender
Female
Country
United States
:re vol 7 omake (Mutsuki/Urie shiratori) Translated by http://suzune-tgre.tumblr.com/
I am dying you guys. I can still ship Urie/Mutsuki right? Despite everything happening?

Urie: Been a while, Mutsuki
Mutsuki: Yeah, I haven’t been able to go home to chateau. Is everyone well?
Urie: Yeah
Mutsuki: …
Urie: Shall we play a round of shiratori?
Mutsuki: Eh, why? …Okay then..

(The side pic: Urie: You seem busy | Mutsuki: Same to you, Urie-kun)

Urie: Shiritori (You’ve lost weight… Mutsuki)
Mutsuki: Apple
Urie: Sesame (I did think there was a possibility they will only–)
Mutsuki: Baboon

Urie: Hinamatsuri (–put you on tough jobs. Well, Suzuya squad is famous for being put on jobs in violent wards..)
Mutsuki: Cooking class

Urie: Toy blocks (They’re also said to be quite an irregular (strange) raid squad… It’d be nice if you got some vacation..)
Mutsuki: Kinako mochi
Urie: Chocolate (Do your best… Ah right, eat some chocolate too…)

Mutsuki: Wiretap
Urie: Recorder (If there’s anything I could help you with, just say! .. With recording things is okay too…)

Mutsuki: Drift ice
Urie: Closing party (Things other than your job duties would be okay too… like preparing a closing party…)

Mutsuki: Squid tentacles
Urie: Sausage (Just going all out with a party is great too, serving a lot of sausages…)

Mutsuki: Time difference
Urie: Sandwich (Let’s serve sandwiches too… You like them don’t you? I’ll do it for sure! Definitely!)

Mutsuki: Cheese
Urie: Zucchini (I’ve been thinking about it for a long time now, whether to do something.. for you…)

Mutsuki: Japanese crayfish
Urie: Medical check-up (Something like a medical-check up… shall we go…?)

Mutsuki: Extermination
Urie: Kuroiwa Takeomi (Apparently Kuroiwa went to one just a while ago… He has his check-up completed already…)

Mutsuki: Ear
Urie: Tripe (Let’s hope nothing will be found.. something bad…)

Mutsuki: Wild duck
Urie: What should I do if something bad happened (What would I do if something bad happened….)

Mutsuki: Urie-kun, why did you suddenly go with a sentence…?
Urie: Uh…? Ah.. I spaced out a bit… (I said my inner thoughts aloud….)
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
:re vol 7 omake (Mutsuki/Urie shiratori) Translated by http://suzune-tgre.tumblr.com/
I am dying you guys. I can still ship Urie/Mutsuki right? Despite everything happening?

Urie: Been a while, Mutsuki
Mutsuki: Yeah, I haven’t been able to go home to chateau. Is everyone well?
Urie: Yeah
Mutsuki: …
Urie: Shall we play a round of shiratori?
Mutsuki: Eh, why? …Okay then..

(The side pic: Urie: You seem busy | Mutsuki: Same to you, Urie-kun)

Urie: Shiritori (You’ve lost weight… Mutsuki)
Mutsuki: Apple
Urie: Sesame (I did think there was a possibility they will only–)
Mutsuki: Baboon

Urie: Hinamatsuri (–put you on tough jobs. Well, Suzuya squad is famous for being put on jobs in violent wards..)
Mutsuki: Cooking class

Urie: Toy blocks (They’re also said to be quite an irregular (strange) raid squad… It’d be nice if you got some vacation..)
Mutsuki: Kinako mochi
Urie: Chocolate (Do your best… Ah right, eat some chocolate too…)

Mutsuki: Wiretap
Urie: Recorder (If there’s anything I could help you with, just say! .. With recording things is okay too…)

Mutsuki: Drift ice
Urie: Closing party (Things other than your job duties would be okay too… like preparing a closing party…)

Mutsuki: Squid tentacles
Urie: Sausage (Just going all out with a party is great too, serving a lot of sausages…)

Mutsuki: Time difference
Urie: Sandwich (Let’s serve sandwiches too… You like them don’t you? I’ll do it for sure! Definitely!)

Mutsuki: Cheese
Urie: Zucchini (I’ve been thinking about it for a long time now, whether to do something.. for you…)

Mutsuki: Japanese crayfish
Urie: Medical check-up (Something like a medical-check up… shall we go…?)

Mutsuki: Extermination
Urie: Kuroiwa Takeomi (Apparently Kuroiwa went to one just a while ago… He has his check-up completed already…)

Mutsuki: Ear
Urie: Tripe (Let’s hope nothing will be found.. something bad…)

Mutsuki: Wild duck
Urie: What should I do if something bad happened (What would I do if something bad happened….)

Mutsuki: Urie-kun, why did you suddenly go with a sentence…?
Urie: Uh…? Ah.. I spaced out a bit… (I said my inner thoughts aloud….)
Is this the V7 Omake?... I've been waiting for some Black Reaper omake action XD
 

Iownamovingcastle

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
652
Reaction score
557
Gender
Female
Country
United States
https://www.reddit.com/r/TokyoGhoul/comments/4ojhq1/miracle_jump_cover/

New Magazine cover. Everyone is debating whether it is Mutsuki or Kaneki. I thought Kaneki at first, but then I noticed the eye change, but then I remembered that sometimes Kaneki has been drawn that way before. Would they really put a side character on the cover of a magazine though?
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia

Grrrrrr_Panda

Looking to the Future
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2016
Messages
101
Reaction score
110
Age
33
Country
United States
It looks more like Mutsuki to me. The eye patch looks like Mutsuki's, plus Kaneki wears his on his left side while Mutsuki wears an the eyepatch on the the right. Unless Ishida is giving us a glimpse at what Kaneki is going to look like once this current act is over and he is now wearing this eyepatch over his human eye.
 

hollowdemon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2007
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
330
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Yeah it does seem more like Mutsuki, with the way the story has progressed for both Kaneki and Mutsuki though this cover is clever into mistaking the readers thinking it's Kaneki but hey who knows maybe it is both of them in one given the current progress of those two, it's rightfully so I'd say.

I can guarantee they will butcher it, but we will have fun making fun of it :p
I actually remember the Death Note live action being good so I guess it is possible. It has been a long time since I watched that though so I may be remembering incorrectly.
Gah, I cringe remembering how the AOT movie was. If it was even a little bit less cringe-worthy then perhaps I'll cut some slack since it's a live action movie. Watch it'll turn out something like Yoshimura was his dad and he wanted Kaneki to take his reigns to defeat AT and live happily ever after. *Shudder
 
Top