- Joined
- May 18, 2016
- Messages
- 785
- Reaction score
- 2,437
- Age
- 31
- Country
-
I'm sorry but ignoring hype altogether is ridiculous, its still the word of god at the end of the day. You just have to know how to discern credible hype from non-credible hype. Prior to the time-skip Jura had far greater portrayel and better feats then Erza to boot. Jura had greater physical strength, speed, durability, defence and fire power. Sure Erza had armours that could make her more durable then Jura/Laxus like her Adamantine armour, but she has to trade out all her other stats to do it so its hardly worth it.
Its also ridiculous to say that AoE has absolutely no value as evidence. Its not the end-all-be-all, but if two characters thought to be equal throw an explosive attack and one of theirs is far bigger, its safe to assume that the bigger attack is also stronger. Judging an attack based on damage to a character is the most credible evidence though, followed by the damage to the surrounding environment. Hype on what it could have done had it not been stopped or whatnot is also useful.
P.S. I'd like to think that Erza was actually a bad match-up for Ajeel. She had the perfect counters to his abilities, Sand World was simply so overwhelming in scale that Erza couldn't do anything despite having a perfect counter on paper. Ajeel was also in the sky and on a relatively small and frail boat on top of that, he couldn't utilize his full arsenal to its full extent. While Erza could give him a Mid-Diff fight, I believe Ajeel to be a much much bigger threat as an opponent. Very underrated power.
Its also ridiculous to say that AoE has absolutely no value as evidence. Its not the end-all-be-all, but if two characters thought to be equal throw an explosive attack and one of theirs is far bigger, its safe to assume that the bigger attack is also stronger. Judging an attack based on damage to a character is the most credible evidence though, followed by the damage to the surrounding environment. Hype on what it could have done had it not been stopped or whatnot is also useful.
P.S. I'd like to think that Erza was actually a bad match-up for Ajeel. She had the perfect counters to his abilities, Sand World was simply so overwhelming in scale that Erza couldn't do anything despite having a perfect counter on paper. Ajeel was also in the sky and on a relatively small and frail boat on top of that, he couldn't utilize his full arsenal to its full extent. While Erza could give him a Mid-Diff fight, I believe Ajeel to be a much much bigger threat as an opponent. Very underrated power.

. And I'm really surprised that Ikusa-Tsunagi is that high in the first place...I'd def put 15-21 above him. Pretty long survey though and I'm to lazy to do it again
. 