Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
My problem with Levy surviving the MBP's is that:

- Gajeel only survived due to Iron lungs, the manga made that clear.
- Laxus was downed by a mist of MBP's, the MBP's Bradman was releasing were from a constant emission and they had a large range.
- Any one prior to Gajeel entering was getting one shot by it.
- Levy doesn't compare to Gajeel (let alone Laxus) in endurance/durability.

These are the reasons why I'm 99.9% sure that it's a plot hole. As for Nakagami cutting him, I don't think it would work, from what I know of Nakagami (I'll admit I don't know much) it cuts through magic and ignores it's rules but Bradman uses curses so it shouldn't affect him.
c'mon man, that's obvious. Levy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laxus. she is currently a beast. Laxus is a fodder compared to her. its not even debatable.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Pretty sure Nakagami cut space itself. Should work on Bradman too.
Except the little part where Nakagami Armor only works on magic, not Curses, Nakagami Armor isn't doing anything to Bradman mate
Gajeel is about the only mage in the guild who actually stands a chance against Bradman, and this is solely by virtue of him having Iron Lungs, no one else can even go NEAR Bradman since the Magic Barrier Particles are a sure kill for anyone, whether a slow or quick death is the issue
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Except the little part where Nakagami Armor only works on magic, not Curses, Nakagami Armor isn't doing anything to Bradman mate
Gajeel is about the only mage in the guild who actually stands a chance against Bradman, and this is solely by virtue of him having Iron Lungs, no one else can even go NEAR Bradman since the Magic Barrier Particles are a sure kill for anyone, whether a slow or quick death is the issue
The only mages that may stand a chance are the ones who have nukes that can be cast from long range like Jellal, Laxus and (possibly) Natsu. Even then they'd have to be quite far away to get clear of the MBP's, they went quite far.
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
1,111
Age
36
Country
United States
My problem with Levy surviving the MBP's is that:

- Gajeel only survived due to Iron lungs, the manga made that clear.
- Laxus (+ Thunder Tribe) was downed by a mist of MBP's, the MBP's Bradman was releasing were from a constant emission and they had a large range.
- Any one prior to Gajeel entering was getting one shot by it.
- Levy doesn't compare to Gajeel (let alone Laxus) in endurance/durability.

These are the reasons why I'm 99.9% sure that it's a plot hole. As for Nakagami cutting him, I don't think it would work, from what I know of Nakagami (I'll admit I don't know much) it cuts through magic and ignores it's rules but Bradman uses curses so it shouldn't affect him.
I understand your point but the feats are there at the moment. Can't use logic there now :gwah
I thought Nakagami used magic to cut space itself. Don't think it only cuts magic. If it cuts space, it should work fine.
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
I understand your point but the feats are there at the moment. Can't use logic there now :gwah
I thought Nakagami used magic to cut space itself. Don't think it only cuts magic. If it cuts space, it should work fine.
Fair enough, I just think that even though the feat is there it doesn't really make sense, even with this manga's f***ed up logic. As for nakagami, I'll agree to disagree on that, from what I remember it "just" breaks the laws of magic so that it can cut space so it shouldn't hurt Bradman. Either way, I see what you mean.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
But of course it doesn't make sense. No human without counter should be able to breathe MBP. The fake mask didn't protect her in the least, she herself admited so. Only human capable to resist them (to not die from them, not like it didn't affect him) is Laxus. And we all know this boy is borderline human XD

Levy not dying and actually resisting them for quite a long while is clearly PIS/plot hole/ass pull (whatever term you prefer haha)
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
What did I just read? Bradman isn't that strong? Gajeel is stronger than Bradman? Erza is stronger than Bradman? LOL people what is this?

Bradman is one of the higher tier Spriggans together with other hax mages like Brandish and Jacob and far above the leagues of Ajeel which Erza couldn't even solo. Seriously, what is the reason why hax always gets ignored on this forum? Is it so hard to just admit that hax will always be above raw power? Bradman will just one shot Erza with his MBP's, and if that won't work he'll just use Macro to kill her. It wouldn't even take him a second to defeat her.

Also, Gajeel >>> Erza but ok.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
What did I just read? Bradman isn't that strong? Gajeel is stronger than Bradman? Erza is stronger than Bradman? LOL people what is this?

Bradman is one of the higher tier Spriggans together with other hax mages like Brandish and Jacob and far above the leagues of Ajeel which Erza couldn't even solo. Seriously, what is the reason why hax always gets ignored on this forum? Is it so hard to just admit that hax will always be above raw power? Bradman will just one shot Erza with his MBP's, and if that won't work he'll just use Macro to kill her. It wouldn't even take him a second to defeat her.

Also, Gajeel >>> Erza but ok.
I think we should make a difference between stronger and weaker haxes:

Stronger haxes: Brandish, Dimaria, Larcade, Irene, Bradman? (Macro). Apparently there's no physical range. They can activate it as long as the target is visible. Maybe not even then
Weaker haxes: there's a radius of effect. If the enemy crosses that radius, the ability activates. Examples are Bradman (MBP) and Jacob (transport)

Bradman is strong, but he's not strong for a spriggan. He's got the 9 curses but at the same level than the tartaros demons, not at a superior level which means they don't compare to spells like God Serena's, probably. Except macro. I know you're a HUGE fan of Macro. I'm not taking macro into account here though.
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
I think we should make a difference between stronger and weaker haxes:

Stronger haxes: Brandish, Dimaria, Larcade, Irene, Bradman? (Macro). Apparently there's no physical range. They can activate it as long as the target is visible. Maybe not even then
Weaker haxes: there's a radius of effect. If the enemy crosses that radius, the ability activates. Examples are Bradman (MBP) and Jacob (transport)

Bradman is strong, but he's not strong for a spriggan. He's got the 9 curses but at the same level than the tartaros demons, not at a superior level which means they don't compare to spells like God Serena's, probably. Except macro. I know you're a HUGE fan of Macro. I'm not taking macro into account here though.
I agree with most of your points but I'd say that Bradman's curses are likely more powerful than their 9DG counter parts, the main proof of this being that the thorn vine Bradman summoned went straight through the lower torso of Gajeel. Besides, even if they are only slightly stronger it's still a lot of firepower. I'd say that with everything combined Bradman is a high tier Spriggan. That said I am partial to Bradman so I may be overrating him.
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
1,111
Age
36
Country
United States
What did I just read? Bradman isn't that strong? Gajeel is stronger than Bradman? Erza is stronger than Bradman? LOL people what is this?

Bradman is one of the higher tier Spriggans together with other hax mages like Brandish and Jacob and far above the leagues of Ajeel which Erza couldn't even solo. Seriously, what is the reason why hax always gets ignored on this forum? Is it so hard to just admit that hax will always be above raw power? Bradman will just one shot Erza with his MBP's, and if that won't work he'll just use Macro to kill her. It wouldn't even take him a second to defeat her.

Also, Gajeel >>> Erza but ok.
Bradman didn't one shot levy with MBP he ain't doing it with erza either
Also, Gajeel >>> Erza but ok.
I thought it was Gajeel >>>>>>>>>>> levy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> erza.
Or has erza finally surpassed levy?
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Bradman didn't one shot levy with MBP he ain't doing it with erza either
I don't really get this part because if Levy tanking the MBP's and Bradman's curses isn't a plot hole then she has better durability/endurance than Laxus. Personally I don't think that's the case, everyone we've seen interact with the MBP's has been downed within moments, this ranges from fodder to Laxus, in this case Levy doesn't follow the pattern and she doesn't have any great endurance/stamina/durability feats meaning it must be an anomaly and thus a plot hole. Which ever way you spin it doesn't really matter, either Levy has better endurance/stamina/durability than Laxus or it's abnormal (even by faulty FT logic).
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Bradman is one of the higher tier Spriggans together with other hax mages like Brandish and Jacob and far above the leagues of Ajeel which Erza couldn't even solo. Seriously, what is the reason why hax always gets ignored on this forum? Is it so hard to just admit that hax will always be above raw power? Bradman will just one shot Erza with his MBP's, and if that won't work he'll just use Macro to kill her. It wouldn't even take him a second to defeat her.
Bradman's anti-magic particles have only been shown to be instantly lethal to fodder level characters. Characters like Laxus can still fight with large amounts of anti-magic particles in their system, and even Levy was able to last a while before MBPs effected her. If Macro would work on Erza, Bradman would have used it against Gajeel.

As for hax vs raw power. The strongest character in this series is Acnologia, and as far as we know the only hax he has is the ability to steal dragon souls. That's a pretty useless hax right now. The way Zeref, with his entire disposal of Spriggans, chooses to tackle Acnologia's power is to obtain a source of infinite magical power. August and Irene are considered the top Spriggans because of their magical power levels as well.
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Bradman's anti-magic particles have only been shown to be instantly lethal to fodder level characters. Characters like Laxus can still fight with large amounts of anti-magic particles in their system, and even Levy was able to last a while before MBPs effected her. If Macro would work on Erza, Bradman would have used it against base Gajeel.
While I agree with you about Macro I disagree on the MBP's. When Laxus ate the MBP's Tempester released he and the Thunder Tribe (bar Freed) all collapsed within moments. Keep in mind that Evergreen and Bixlow only inhaled small amounts but fell swiftly, Laxus saved Freed just in time but collapsed seconds later. Basically the MBP's are a lot more dangerous then people give them credit for, Levy should have been done within moments, let alone throughout all Three Seals.
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
While I agree with you about Macro I disagree on the MBP's. When Laxus ate the MBP's Tempester released he and the Thunder Tribe (bar Freed) all collapsed within moments. Keep in mind that Evergreen and Bixlow only inhaled small amounts but fell swiftly, Laxus saved Freed just in time but collapsed seconds later. Basically the MBP's are a lot more dangerous then people give them credit for, Levy should have been done within moments, let alone throughout all Three Seals.
I think the big difference is that MBP were going through Levy's skin while Laxus directly inhaled MBP inside his body. he was not even fully healed. they were basically eating his magic very, very slowly through the year and it hurt him on a couple occasions.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
While I agree with you about Macro I disagree on the MBP's. When Laxus ate the MBP's Tempester released he and the Thunder Tribe (bar Freed) all collapsed within moments. Keep in mind that Evergreen and Bixlow only inhaled small amounts but fell swiftly, Laxus saved Freed just in time but collapsed seconds later. Basically the MBP's are a lot more dangerous then people give them credit for, Levy should have been done within moments, let alone throughout all Three Seals.
Well, Laxus went out of his way to inhale a large amount of the particles. If he had done the opposite, and avoided breathing them in who knows how long he could have lasted. The thunder tribe collapsing is understandable, but someone like Erza should last longer than Freed. Erza can probably hold her breath to avoid inhaling too many particles, and stuff like wind god sword should be able to clear away some of the particles - even if only temporarily. Even if Bradman does eventually wear her down, I don't think it would be anything close to a oneshot.
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
1,111
Age
36
Country
United States
I don't really get this part because if Levy tanking the MBP's and Bradman's curses isn't a plot hole then she has better durability/endurance than Laxus. Personally I don't think that's the case, everyone we've seen interact with the MBP's has been downed within moments, this ranges from fodder to Laxus, in this case Levy doesn't follow the pattern and she doesn't have any great endurance/stamina/durability feats meaning it must be an anomaly and thus a plot hole. Which ever way you spin it doesn't really matter, either Levy has better endurance/stamina/durability than Laxus or it's abnormal (even by faulty FT logic).
maybe its not Bradman strong suite.
The fact is it didn't work on levy. Whether its logical or not isn't important here.
Bradman mbp should also work on August and all the other springgans. But it wont on them either.
Sure it is plot. I will give you that. But erza endurance is higher than levy. Its even higher than laxus. So erza should be fine. Provided it work on her in the first place.
We can't use logic for many haxes
Good example is dimeria
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Well, Laxus went out of his way to inhale a large amount of the particles. If he had done the opposite, and avoided breathing them in who knows how long he could have lasted. The thunder tribe collapsing is understandable, but someone like Erza should last longer than Freed. Erza can probably hold her breath to avoid inhaling too many particles, and stuff like wind god sword should be able to clear away some of the particles - even if only temporarily. Even if Bradman does eventually wear her down, I don't think it would be anything close to a oneshot.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Bradman will one-shot her but the fact that Erza can't hit Bradman unless he goes tangible is a massive factor, especially since he would be emitting MBP's the entire time. The only reason I brought MBP's and hax into this was to show that Bradman is likely stronger than Ajeel. That was my original point.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Bradman will one-shot her but the fact that Erza can't hit Bradman unless he goes tangible is a massive factor, especially since he would be emitting MBP's the entire time. The only reason I brought MBP's and hax into this was to show that Bradman is likely stronger than Ajeel. That was my original point.
Don't forget Erza's absurd versatility :P She's smart as hell too. Also, Erza's endurance is ridiculously high (higher than Laxus maybe). Remember she outsmarted Midnight? I'm gonna give her credit and say she's gonna find a way to hurt him.

I think in the end we'd witness a similar battle to the one she had against Ajeel... if the moment she inhales MBP she's not done for, and she steps back and thinks of a plan, I can see her pulling something off. She's still gonna lose though.
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
I think the big difference is that MBP were going through Levy's skin while Laxus directly inhaled MBP inside his body. he was not even fully healed. they were basically eating his magic very, very slowly through the year and it hurt him on a couple occasions.
Fair point but that probably shouldn't have mattered given she was near Bradman through out all Three Seals. That said the point is still valid, thanks.
maybe its not Bradman strong suite.
The fact is it didn't work on levy. Whether its logical or not isn't important here.
Bradman mbp should also work on August and all the other springgans. But it wont on them either.
Sure it is plot. I will give you that. But erza endurance is higher than levy. Its even higher than laxus. So erza should be fine. Provided it work on her in the first place.
We can't use logic for many haxes
Good example is dimeria
I'm just going to state it again (not saying you did think this) I'm not saying that Bradman will one-shot Erza, I'm saying that he's stronger than Ajeel and as a result Erza. As for MBP's vs Time Stop example... I agree and disagree, I agree that DiMaria's Time Stop is tough to gauge through logic but the MBP's shouldn't be as we've seen them multiple times, and in all previous showings they've downed or killed it's victims in moments.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Don't forget Erza's absurd versatility :P She's smart as hell too. Also, Erza's endurance is ridiculously high (higher than Laxus maybe). Remember she outsmarted Midnight? I'm gonna give her credit and say she's gonna find a way to hurt him.

I think in the end we'd witness a similar battle to the one she had against Ajeel... if the moment she inhales MBP she's not done for, and she steps back and thinks of a plan, I can see her pulling something off. She's still gonna lose though.
I'm not sure if she would figure out a way to combat the MBP's, she'd have to do it whilst inhaling the MBP's and defending from an onslaught of curses that were overwhelming a base Gajeel who was immune to MBP's. Given the numerous factors I wouldn't be that confident in her chances. That said Erza is absurdly tanky (almost like.. PoF! :p) and she is smart so she probably could try something.
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
1,111
Age
36
Country
United States
Fair point but that probably shouldn't have mattered given she was near Bradman through out all Three Seals. That said the point is still valid, thanks.

I'm just going to state it again (not saying you did think this) I'm not saying that Bradman will one-shot Erza, I'm saying that he's stronger than Ajeel and as a result Erza. As for MBP's vs Time Stop example... I agree and disagree, I agree that DiMaria's Time Stop is tough to gauge through logic but the MBP's shouldn't be as we've seen them multiple times, and in all previous showings they've downed or killed it's victims in moments.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm not sure if she would figure out a way to combat the MBP's, she'd have to do it whilst inhaling the MBP's and defending from an onslaught of curses that were overwhelming a base Gajeel who was immune to MBP's. Given the numerous factors I wouldn't be that confident in her chances. That said Erza is absurdly tanky (almost like.. PoF! :p) and she is smart so she probably could try something.
Other than laxus which other non fodder character has been downed by mbp
Using hax is not a good way to judge who is stronger. Because plot will always kick in here.
Bradman is more hax than ajeel though his sand world is up there too. Both of these characters are more haxer than Wahl. I expect erza to have a better match with Wahl as compared to the other two. Because erza is a straight up brawler like Wahl or Serena. Those who relay on hax have advantage over brawlers type.

another example
Jacob vs natsu + laxus + jellal.

As long as those three don't know Jacob abilities, Jacob is going to win. But he is definitely not stronger than Bradman or ajeel.

I rank ajeel = Wahl = Bradman = Serena
But everyone has different stats
Like ajeel is the fastest here
Some are better in fights but overall equal.
 
Top