Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

~Charging Lightning~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
4,594
Age
29
Country
United States
What did I just read? Bradman isn't that strong? Gajeel is stronger than Bradman? Erza is stronger than Bradman? LOL people what is this?

Bradman is one of the higher tier Spriggans together with other hax mages like Brandish and Jacob and far above the leagues of Ajeel which Erza couldn't even solo. Seriously, what is the reason why hax always gets ignored on this forum? Is it so hard to just admit that hax will always be above raw power? Bradman will just one shot Erza with his MBP's, and if that won't work he'll just use Macro to kill her. It wouldn't even take him a second to defeat her.

Also, Gajeel >>> Erza but ok.
Have you ever heard of NLF? I agree with some of the points you're saying, but implying that hax is ALWAYS above raw power is ridiculous. With logic like that, people like Mira or Dimaria would be ranked higher than someone like Acnologia....
 

Medkaradaraba

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2016
Messages
61
Reaction score
153
Age
33
Country
Albania
Lol Erza would be wrekt even harder than the time Ajeel wailed on her and nearly killed her. She survived thanks to plot.. if she fought Bradman. Bradman's hax and anti-magic particles would destroy her. None of her armors are going to help her. She has no counter-measures toward this.

and DF Gajeel>>>Erza. ISD Gajeel is comparable to Erza, so a form above that easily has him above her.

My updated rankings of the Alvarez arc so far

Laxus (lightning dragon slayer magic, LB, fairy law)
Natsu (fire dragon slaying magic, flame dragon king mode)/Gildartz (hype, crash)
DF Gajeel
Gray (devil slaying magic, ice make magic)
Mirajane (Algeria, Macro)
Dragon Force Wendy
Erza
SS Mirajane
Base Wendy/Juvia
Lucy/Elfman

Don't care enough to put in Makarov.
 
Last edited:

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
Lol Erza would be wrekt even harder than the time Ajeel wailed on her and nearly killed her. She survived thanks to plot.. if she fought Bradman. Bradman's hax and anti-magic particles would destroy her. None of her armors are going to help her. She has no counter-measures toward this.

and DF Gajeel>>>Erza. ISD Gajeel is comparable to Erza, so a form above that easily has him above her.

My updated rankings of the Alvarez arc so far

Laxus (lightning dragon slayer magic, LB, fairy law)
Natsu (fire dragon slaying magic, flame dragon king mode)/Gildartz (hype, crash)
DF Gajeel
Gray (devil slaying magic, ice make magic)
Mirajane (Algeria, Macro)
Dragon Force Wendy
Erza
Base Wendy/Juvia
Lucy/Elfman

Don't care enough to put in Makarov.
I'd make an argument that Base Gajeel is comparable to Erza, he certainly has the durability and endurance to stand up to her.
 

Medkaradaraba

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2016
Messages
61
Reaction score
153
Age
33
Country
Albania
I'd make an argument that Base Gajeel is comparable to Erza, he certainly has the durability and endurance to stand up to her.
I think you can make a very good argument. Base Gajeel in his normal state, is a pretty good tank, he actually has much better durability than Erza, because Erza uses defensive armors rather than her physical body to take on most attacks of worth. Endurance wise, they are comparable. His feats are impressive in that regard.
 

Indira

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2016
Messages
267
Reaction score
807
Age
33
Country
Macedonia
Lol Erza would be wrekt even harder than the time Ajeel wailed on her and nearly killed her. She survived thanks to plot.. if she fought Bradman. Bradman's hax and anti-magic particles would destroy her. None of her armors are going to help her. She has no counter-measures toward this.

and DF Gajeel>>>Erza. ISD Gajeel is comparable to Erza, so a form above that easily has him above her.

My updated rankings of the Alvarez arc so far

Laxus (lightning dragon slayer magic, LB, fairy law)
Natsu (fire dragon slaying magic, flame dragon king mode)/Gildartz (hype, crash)
DF Gajeel
Gray (devil slaying magic, ice make magic)
Mirajane (Algeria, Macro)
Dragon Force Wendy
Erza
SS Mirajane
Base Wendy/Juvia
Lucy/Elfman

Don't care enough to put in Makarov.
Pretty interested to see how Gildartz is going to be ranked when he's done with all of the feats he may have gained in the battle with Serena. I hope he impresses, and shows more speed movement feats. I want him to be faster than what he displayed against Bluenote.

Good ranking list.

But of course it doesn't make sense. No human without counter should be able to breathe MBP. The fake mask didn't protect her in the least, she herself admited so. Only human capable to resist them (to not die from them, not like it didn't affect him) is Laxus. And we all know this boy is borderline human XD

Levy not dying and actually resisting them for quite a long while is clearly PIS/plot hole/ass pull (whatever term you prefer haha)
It's mostly plot hole because she was still effected by the gas mask as you said, and the combination of how the plot is moving, since Mashima didn't want to risk both Levy and Gajeel to be in peril danger of dying.

It would be for the best if Levy wasn't involved in this case, or if Mashima done these scenes a bit differently than what we saw imo.
 
Last edited:

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
I think you can make a very good argument. Base Gajeel in his normal state, is a pretty good tank, he actually has much better durability than Erza, because Erza uses defensive armors rather than her physical body to take on most attacks of worth. Endurance wise, they are comparable. His feats are impressive in that regard.
Not only that Base Gajeel has good attack power, his roar was essentially able to stalemate Bradman's roar. Anything above Base for Gajeel should be a clear win in his favour.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Base Gajeel probably doesn't have the attack power to be equal to Erza. His durability is probably similar, but with Erza's armors it gives her a better defence (more than Steel scales would imo). Endurance is in Erza's favour though.

I'd say ISD Gajeel would be Erza level in attack and defence.

And DF Wendy to me is not Erza level at all. A solid tier below. Well, I can see Erza easily oneshotting Ezel.
 
Last edited:

Cosmicstar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
1,289
Reaction score
1,797
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
How is Levy doing after absorbing all those MBP from Bradman? Oh yea she is fine and yet people think those same particles would take Erza out when it couldn't even take levy out. Are people trying to say Levy>Erza?
 

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
Base Gajeel probably doesn't have the attack power to be equal to Erza. His durability is probably similar, but with Erza's armors it gives her a better defence (more than Steel scales would imo). Endurance is in Erza's favour though.

I'd say ISD Gajeel would be Erza level in attack and defence.

And DF Wendy to me is not Erza level at all. A solid tier below. Well, I can see Erza easily oneshotting Ezel.
Gajeel's roar which is not his strongest move stalemated a Bradman roar, that's pretty much stronger than anything Erza has bar Nakagami. ISD Gajeel and Steel Gajeel should be handily above Erza in terms of attack power and don't get me started on DF Gajeel.
 

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
1,112
Age
36
Country
United States
Gajeel's roar which is not his strongest move stalemated a Bradman roar, that's pretty much stronger than anything Erza has bar Nakagami. ISD Gajeel and Steel Gajeel should be handily above Erza in terms of attack power and don't get me started on DF Gajeel.
Lol
How is Levy doing after absorbing all those MBP from Bradman? Oh yea she is fine and yet people think those same particles would take Erza out when it couldn't even take levy out. Are people trying to say Levy>Erza?
Though most people aren't saying that but you must understand, erza is destined to become a fodder. So like gejeel, levy might surpass erza too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
My ranking for good guys.

Gildarts (maybe)
Laxus
Natsu
Erza
Tier difference
Gajeel
Mira
Tier difference
Gray
Wendy.

I expect gray to move up after he get his springgan fight. Also erza will move up too because of Eileen.
Tier difference means mid diff win
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Gajeel's roar which is not his strongest move stalemated a Bradman roar, that's pretty much stronger than anything Erza has bar Nakagami. ISD Gajeel and Steel Gajeel should be handily above Erza in terms of attack power and don't get me started on DF Gajeel.
Depends how strong you think the roar Gajeel used and Bradman's Rage were. I wasn't exactly impressed by them. Certainly not close to Natsu's, and not enough for me to put Gajeel at Erza level bar Nakagami.

ISD Gajeel would likely be on par with Erza in attack and defence, when she's using her better amour. Nakagami is pretty OP. Steel Gajeel might be close to it overall, but I doubt Gajeel can use Steel again.

DF Gajeel is above imo. Probably at Natsu/Laxus type level.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
FT

Laxus, Natsu (no DF), Gildarts, DF Gajeel

Erza, DeS Gray
Mira, Base Gray, Base Gajeel, Makarov??

Wendy, Lucy, Elfman, Cana
Juvia, others

Pretty unsure at Wendy and below. Lucy could be much stronger than people give her credit for, her Stardress MP did impress Makarov. Cana with Fairy Glitter and training with Gildarts is another I'd say could be stronger. Also DeS Gray, he might be able to make it to the Natsu tier. Laxus and Gildarts might be better than Natsu w/o DF, but I'm not sure. Natsu's pretty strong and hard to put down.
 

Summer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
1,569
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
I do think that in term of raw power gajeel is stronger than erza , but In other aspects I think they're pretty much the same. Erza durability is impressive and definitely above gajeel ( despite the bs of the fight with demon , it's a facts that erza have higher durability )

I'm not that impress with erza nakagami armor anymore , we have seen she use the armor In this arc and it's still not strong enough to defeat ajeel ( if she can use it much more longer instead of just a few second I might puts her above gajeel )

Erza plot armor (nakagami) is proven can't one shot everyone and she can use it just for a few second . While gajeel In his base form is already impressive . His other form is beyond impressive .( awesome maybe? :huh:)

I think they're both pretty much equal if we combine their durability strength whatsoever . I would puts erza the same level as gajeel .
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
Base Gajeel probably doesn't have the attack power to be equal to Erza. His durability is probably similar, but with Erza's armors it gives her a better defence (more than Steel scales would imo). Endurance is in Erza's favour though.

I'd say ISD Gajeel would be Erza level in attack and defence.

And DF Wendy to me is not Erza level at all. A solid tier below. Well, I can see Erza easily oneshotting Ezel.
Gajeel is the only capable of taking down Erza despite her amazing speed feats. She is immune to Laxus and Natsu's magic with her armor. I doubt she has armor that will make her immune to iron/metal but in strength she ranks above him.
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Bradman didn't one shot levy with MBP he ain't doing it with erza either
But luckily Bradman has Macro, Sensation Curse and Tenchi Kaimei as an alternative.

I thought it was Gajeel >>>>>>>>>>> levy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> erza.
Or has erza finally surpassed levy?
Lol.

Have you ever heard of NLF? I agree with some of the points you're saying, but implying that hax is ALWAYS above raw power is ridiculous. With logic like that, people like Mira or Dimaria would be ranked higher than someone like Acnologia....
Yes I've heard of that 'argument'. But I'm afraid Macro does work on Erza..


@Medkaradaraba @Crimson Ice I agree with both of you. Base Gajeel should be above Erza mostly due to his Iron Shadow Dragon Mode. I'd even say he is stronger without it just because his Karma Demon Divine Iron Sword is more impressive than any attack Erza has shown. Once DF is included, it would be a straight win for Gajeel.
 
Last edited:

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
My ranking for fairy tail:

Gildarts
Tier difference
Laxus
Natsu
Gray
Tier difference
Erza
Gajeel
Mira
Tier difference
Wendy
Elfman
Cana
Lucy
I wouldn't rank Natsu and Gray with Laxus, the only person in that tier should be Erza. Her armors grant the advantage/win for the fight. Natsu may have a large AOE but that doesn't matter because you're not* hitting multiple opponents.
 
Last edited:

sharkai

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
1,112
Age
36
Country
United States
I do think that in term of raw power gajeel is stronger than erza , but In other aspects I think they're pretty much the same. Erza durability is impressive and definitely above gajeel ( despite the bs of the fight with demon , it's a facts that erza have higher durability )

I'm not that impress with erza nakagami armor anymore , we have seen she use the armor In this arc and it's still not strong enough to defeat ajeel ( if she can use it much more longer instead of just a few second I might puts her above gajeel )

Erza plot armor (nakagami) is proven can't one shot everyone and she can use it just for a few second . While gajeel In his base form is already impressive . His other form is beyond impressive .( awesome maybe? :huh:)

I think they're both pretty much equal if we combine their durability strength whatsoever . I would puts erza the same level as gajeel .
How is Gajeel above erza in raw strenght. I don't even remember if Gajeel has ever one shot anyone who wasn't pure fodder.
I find Gajeel ability to eat inappropriate things impressive. And shadow mode. Otherwise he is pretty unimpressive character out there.
Erza brute strenght pretty high up. I am pretty sure she can hold nakagami for reasonable amount of time now. And she can pretty much one shot springgan level characters with that. Her benzikuru should be pretty high up there too.
Souring armor and that new armor should a lot faster than Gajeel.
Admantine armor should be far more durable than Gajeel strongest mode.
Endurance of erza is unforgivable.

I don't know why erza raw power under question. She s the only Mage to have most one shots or almost one shots under her belt
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
But luckily Bradman has Macro, Sensation Curse and Tenchi Kaimei as an alternative.



Lol.



Yes I've heard of that 'argument'. But I'm afraid Macro does work on Erza..


@Medkaradaraba @Crimson Ice I agree with both of you. Base Gajeel should be above Erza mostly due to his Iron Shadow Dragon Mode. I'd even say he is stronger without it just because his Karma Demon Divine Iron Sword is more impressive than any attack Erza has shown. Once DF is included, it would be a straight win for Gajeel.
If he uses those two curses than Brademen can beat Gajeel plus laxus
Don't think any Gajeel attack is more impressive than erza attacks.
 

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
I wouldn't rank Natsu and Gray with Laxus, the only person in that tier should be Erza. Her armors grant the advantage/win for the fight. Natsu may have a large AOE but that doesn't matter because you're hitting multiple opponents.
Just because Erza has a resistance (I doubt it's a complete immunity) to Natsu and Laxus's magic doesn't mean that she's above them. All it means is that she has the advantage when she's fighting those two. It's like Gray versus Mard Geer. Gray was able to beat him because he had the elemental advantage, but in no way does that suggest that Tartaros Gray was stronger than Mard. Or TO Chelia against Dimaria. Was she stronger than Dimaria? Of course not. The only reason Chelia was able to beat her was because she had the advantage with her God slaying magic.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Gajeel is the only capable of taking down Erza despite her amazing speed feats. She is immune to Laxus and Natsu's magic with her armor. I doubt she has armor that will make her immune to iron/metal but in strength she ranks above him.
It's said that her fire armour has 50% resistance. With this armour she'd do alright against Natsu. The lightning empress armor also has resistance... but Laxus has Red Lightning so...

But for a power ranking I don't bother with specific match-ups. Erza/Gajeel might have advantages over certain opponents. Someone like Wahl can oneshot Bradman with ease, but they are both on the same tier. It's easiest to measure them against a standard opponent with no advantages or disadvantages.

That said Erza doesn't need an elemental armour to defeat Gajeel. She has enough power to win without any advantage or extra defence.
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
In term of raw power I think gajeel is stronger.... his iron roar could easily counter one of erza strongest attack .

When did erza ever one shot anyone? Didn't remember . Maybe for the comical sense there's but not the enemy.
Where is your evidence for any of this? You can't say "well I think Gajeel's roar is stronger than Erza's nakagami armor which allows to literally distort space in your eye range"

Gajeel,Natsu, Gray were always afraid of Erza.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Just because Erza has a resistance (I doubt it's a complete immunity) to Natsu and Laxus's magic doesn't mean that she's above them. All it means is that she has the advantage when she's fighting those two. It's like Gray versus Mard Geer. Gray was able to beat him because he had the elemental advantage, but in no way does that suggest that Tartaros Gray was stronger than Mard. Or TO Chelia against Dimaria. Was she stronger than Dimaria? Of course not. The only reason Chelia was able to beat her was because she had the advantage with her God slaying magic.
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/495/13
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/455/11
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/431/18
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/431/14

Erza's speed+flame armor+OP sword= Natsu gets blitz.
Notice how she has like 9 of those OP swords.
 
Top