Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Brandish is massively under rated imo. Sure she doesn't have any feats, but neither does Invel. Why would you guys rank Invel higher than Brandish?
Imo Brandish's magic could be almost as haxy as DImaria's. I'd rank her just below Dimaria, and higher God Serena Invel and co.
I'd say Invel gets the extra hype because of his role as Zeref's assistant, but yea, he's not done anything to be considered better. It's just an impression of his character I guess.

Brandish to me gets hyped a fair bit compared to someone like Ajeel. But I think she'll be strong in the end, because she'll beat DiMaria ;) Brandish will also be on the good team (FT) so we know that plot will call for her to get a victory. Her healing ability is a great plus as a support mage. We just need to see her fight/slog Dim's.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
@Doughboy I edited the polls again to add another option... happy? :)

I see no one has voted in the poll even though it's been 5 pages already :P.

@Brandish What I felt was that it was implied God Serena would've given Gildarts quite the match, so I'm placing him above the likes of Wahl, Ajeel etc.
It was implied that Serena v Gildarts would have been highly competitive. But we don't know how strong Gildarts is, and I'm not sure if Gildarts knows how strong God Serena really is.
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
If their was tier between Dimaria and August/Irene level I would slot him in there. I voted for August/Irene level just to give him his respect, but I don't believe he's there but he's not super super far away. Larcade and Invel are expected to be slotted in the Dimaria lvl and I believe Goddy is above all 4, with Larcade possibly exceeding him since he can challenge Acno
Between Dimaria and A/I? Why is that o_O? Dimaria with her Age Seal is more powerful than him. And judging on how Invel is being portrayed, I think he'll be stronger than Serena.

EDIT : @Brandish Does the higher end of the Spriggans include Dimaria?
 
Last edited:

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
Wahl underrated AF.

1) Wahl
2) Bradman
3) Ajeel
4) Brandish
5) August
6) Invel
7) Irene
8) DiMaria
9) Larcade
10) God Serena
11) Neinhart
12) Jacob

This ranking list is basically canon so there is no point in debating facts.
 
Last edited:

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I think Ajeel also displayed how he can be on land with his Ant's Hell used as a trap. Even though Elfman could blow away that sandstorm (mini-Sandworld??) Ajeel quickly used another spell. Problem might come with his AoE, it's pretty crowded out there, and if he fights it will interfere with other fights. This probably applies to most Spriggans though.

Wahl underrated AF.

1) Wahl
2) Ajeel
3) Brandish
4) August
5) Invel
6) Irene
7) DiMaria
8) Larcade
9) Bradman
10) God Serena
11) Neinhart
12) Jacob

This ranking list is basically canon so there is no point in debating facts.
What is that a ranking of? I can't quite come up with a criteria for it.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
@atomic_2000 Age Seal on it's face value is the most OP magic in FT. Doesn't mean that she's magically stronger than Goddy, she just can tactfully beat him. In a battle of pure strength and magical aura, Goddy would beat Dimaria. Why I give him the nod
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
@atomic_2000 Age Seal on it's face value is the most OP magic in FT. Doesn't mean that she's magically stronger than Goddy, she just can tactfully beat him. In a battle of pure strength and magical aura, Goddy would beat Dimaria. Why I give him the nod
Yes thats why I was asking lol. Due to their haxes, I place those Spriggans on the higher end but raw power-wise Serena is stronger so I'm torn between the higher and middle end but for now I picked middle =D
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
My ranking of the Spriggans (I'm including all feats, hype, portrayal, statements etc):
1) August - no doubt
2) Irene - no doubt
3) Larcade - hype and statement from Zeref and let's be honest, whenever the guy says something it ends up being true unlike some other characters...cough Makarov cough
4) Dimaria - I don't think any Spriggan will have a feat as good as Age Seal other than the top tier and maybe Invel
5) Invel - hype
6) Bradman ; Brandish - (too many haxes at his disposal) ; (no combat feats yet but her magic is OP)
7) Jacob - Without Transport, he probably falls to the bottom of the list. But transport is almost unavoidable yeah.
8) God Serena - I believe him to have the most versatility and raw power among the 12, except the top tier obviously.
9) Wahl
10) Ajeel
11) Neinhart - Honestly, it depends on the situation for this guy. If he has opponents with effective Historia, he goes higher. But most of the time it seems to be weak Historias only. Troll character smh

@Brandish I think he's just joking =p
 

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
What is that a ranking of? I can't quite come up with a criteria for it.
Rankings for the Spriggan who can survive the longest without drinking water.

Actual Rankings
1) August
2) Irene Berselion
3) Larcade Dragneel
4) Invel
5) Wahl Icht
6) Bradman
7) Ajeel Lumur
8) God Serena
9) Dimaria Chronos Yesta
10) Brandish Myu
11) Jacob Lessio
12) Neinhart
 
Last edited:

SunYoru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
161
Reaction score
256
Age
30
Country
United States
From what I've gathered from the last chapter, I think he would be at GIldarts level, which means, close to August level or same, probably.
 

LucifeCollins

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
74
Reaction score
172
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Irene fought human form while Gildarts fought dragon form who posed for than a threat then the on version that Irene fought that used on attack.
Actually that's unknown. Both could have the same power. Are you really going to say that Gildarts back then was stronger than Irene now when Gildarts himself said Serena might've been able to truly fight and possibly win at full power—back then? And Irene has shown to be greatly above Gildarts and Serena. She actually pushed Acnologia back and dodged the small nuke he dropped while Gildarts got blitzed without any Magic being used—same for Serena.

Honestly, your brain functions must be permanently on low-power if you're making connections like this and acting as if they're facts,
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Dilemma between higher and middle tier to be honest. One thing is sure to me that he is not low tier, at least. Serena's got some super offensive magic.
That's a one-liner.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
From what I've gathered from the last chapter, I think he would be at GIldarts level, which means, close to August level or same, probably.
Gildarts is by no means August level. The most he has shown was using a finisher that knocked out a Historia that was not even remotely at full-power. I really don't get why people are hyping him up this much.

August casually nuked Natsu and co. and Natsu wasn't even able to negate the whole attack—even though he could eat it.
 

SunYoru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
161
Reaction score
256
Age
30
Country
United States
Gildarts is by no means August level. The most he has shown was using a finisher that knocked out a Historia that was not even remotely at full-power. I really don't get why people are hyping him up this much.

August casually nuked Natsu and co. and Natsu wasn't even able to negate the whole attack—even though he could eat it.
We shall see in the future if this is true. There is a lot of hype that Gildarts could take August, so I am taking this literally because I do want it to happen. Although, feats does suggest otherwise, but we'll see.
 

Asorx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
563
Reaction score
1,193
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
My sprinngan ranking:
1. August
2. Elieen
3. Larcade?
4. Dimara
5. Brandish?
6. Invel?
7. Wahl
8. Jackob
9. Bradman
10. God Serena
11. Ajeel
12. Nineheart
 

SunYoru

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
161
Reaction score
256
Age
30
Country
United States
Rankings for the Spriggan who can survive the longest without drinking water.

Actual Rankings
1) August
2) Irene Berselion
3) Larcade Dragneel
4) Invel
5) Wahl Icht
6) Bradman
7) Ajeel Lumur
8) God Serena
9) Dimaria Chronos Yesta
10) Brandish Myu
11) Jacob Lessio
12) Neinhart
The most accurate list from what I've seen based on feats.
 

Summer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
1,569
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Am I the only one here that think ajeel is super underrated? IMO even with those shitty acts he is a impressive mage . How could people even rank Gs OR wahl above him? By portrayals and feats ajeel is better and definitely stronger .

Gs never shown anything impressive , all he ever did is defeat the Goi off panel which we ourselves doesn't know whether the goi is really strong or not . They are bunch of old guys and Serena is still a young mage .warrod even said that he doesn't know how to fight and he even said that he will lose if he fight someone as weak as a kids.

And wahl , he is the least impressive springgan IMO , sure he gets some super rocket etherion whatsoever but still unimpressive to me . He's strong but I think ajeel could defeat him.
 
Last edited:

LucifeCollins

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
74
Reaction score
172
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Am I the only one here that think ajeel is super underrated? IMO even with those shitty acts he is a impressive mage . How could people even rank Gs OR wahl above him? By portrayals and feats ajeel is better and definitely stronger .

Gs never shown anything impressive , all he ever did is defeat the Goi off panel which we ourselves doesn't know whether the goi is really strong or not . They are bunch of old guys and Serena is still a young mage . Hyberion even said that he doesn't know how to fight and he even said that he will lose if he fight someone as weak as a kids.

And wahl , he is the least impressive springgan IMO , sure he gets some super rocket etherion whatsoever but still unimpressive to me . He's strong but I think ajeel could defeat him.
When did Hyberian ever say he was weak and couldn't fight kids? Please, link me to this manga panel that he ever says that. His Magic stunned Serena; that's a lot more than a kid could do.
 

Asorx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
563
Reaction score
1,193
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Am I the only one here that think ajeel is super underrated? IMO even with those shitty acts he is a impressive mage . How could people even rank Gs OR wahl above him? By portrayals and feats ajeel is better and definitely stronger .

Gs never shown anything impressive , all he ever did is defeat the Goi off panel which we ourselves doesn't know whether the goi is really strong or not . They are bunch of old guys and Serena is still a young mage . Hyberion even said that he doesn't know how to fight and he even said that he will lose if he fight someone as weak as a kids.

And wahl , he is the least impressive springgan IMO , sure he gets some super rocket etherion whatsoever but still unimpressive to me . He's strong but I think ajeel could defeat him.
God Serena can beat Ajeel with Water and Wind elements. Sand king is strong but not like others with hax.
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
I agree that Ajeel is underrated, but tbh every Spriggan is strong. Even the pathetic Jacob has a powerful hax which would potentially make him win against very strong opponents. Ajeel unfortunately is less powerful than mages like God Serena and probably Wahl, and his hax gets beaten by more deadly hax like Age Seal or Transport. I'd put him above Neinhart and maybe Wahl, but that's about it.
 

Summer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
1,569
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
When did Hyberian ever say he was weak and couldn't fight kids? Please, link me to this manga panel that he ever says that. His Magic stunned Serena; that's a lot more than a kid could do.
Edited it , warrod is the one that said it ( I'm really suck at remembering name )

 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Edited it , warrod is the one that said it ( I'm really suck at remembering name )

But from what we've seen he can spawn a 2000 KM long tree that would definitely hurt and he's caught God Serena in one of his trees too. This is ignoring the fact that Warrod is insanely humble, even if he hasn't got magic suited for combat he still quite powerful in comparison to most mages outside of FT's elite.
 
Top