Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Kantos

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2016
Messages
506
Reaction score
1,498
Age
35
Country
Canada
I agree they'll likely be peers, but I do think base Gajeel has better showings than base Gray for now. Gray could get a power up to surpass the likes of Gajeel. I don't expect his trump to be above dragon force Gajeel if this is fully demonised Gray. If it's something else like Momento Mori, or shadow possession, then perhaps Gray will go above. As for plot, Gray's power is to defeat END, and this is a super-effective magic against etherious, so he doesn't need to be stronger than Gajeel just because of plot. He wasn't any stronger than Natsu in Tartarus when he got some of Silver's MP, but he was able to take out Mard, but even Natsu with a power up couldn't.

Gajeel ate anti-magic particles against Bloodman. Apparently there are fractions of iron in these particles. These are not ethernano particles so it's a little different to other DF power ups like Etherion Natsu. I expect Gajeel to maintain a similar level of power in DF as he used against Bloodman, provided he can reach an equivalent level of dragonification.
I believe Gray and Gajeel will be neck to neck after the end of the series, but Gray will get the edge simply due to the relevancy factor.

I don't see Gajeel ever turning into a dragon. Possibly only Natsu will

I don't know about that, whenever a dragon slayer eats a particular energy source, it shows that are far stronger previously than they were an arc later. For example GMG ISD Gajeel is far stronger than Tartaros ISD Gajeel, so I expect the same here, because Gajeel eating the particles with iron in them, made him go DF to begin with. Those particles boosted his power to a considerable amount. I don't expect Gajeel of DF with his own energy will be as strong as the one that fought Bloodman, based on those previous trends.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I believe Gray and Gajeel will be neck to neck after the end of the series, but Gray will get the edge simply due to the relevancy factor.

I don't see Gajeel ever turning into a dragon. Possibly only Natsu will

I don't know about that, whenever a dragon slayer eats a particular energy source, it shows that are far stronger previously than they were an arc later. For example GMG ISD Gajeel is far stronger than Tartaros ISD Gajeel, so I expect the same here, because Gajeel eating the particles with iron in them, made him go DF to begin with. Those particles boosted his power to a considerable amount. I don't expect Gajeel of DF with his own energy will be as strong as the one that fought Bloodman, based on those previous trends.
I can agree to that, it makes sense.

I don't think any slayer will go full dragon, as the dragon parents already made precautions with antibodies.

The difference I see is that Bloodman didn't give Gajeel a whole heap of magic power. He himself is an etherious, and Gajeel ate the antimagic particles, which allowed his body to change composition so he could hit Bloodman.

Essentially if Gajeel can reach the same level of dragonification (scales and dragon features) the next time he goes DF, I will assume he is using the same level of power. I can be wrong with this assumption.
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
18,779
Country
United States
How tf would God Serena deal with Ajeel's Sand World? His AoE is trash lol and his feats are lackluster af.:darn Thank Hiro for that one. :facepalm

GOI are fodder they are not even worth mentioning anymore. They'd get oneshotted by anyone close to S12 tier. :celebrate

Gajeel is low S12 tier, he ain't strong enough to beat a bloodlusted S12. If Bradman wasn't riddle with CIS/PIS he most definitely could have beat Gajeel in DF. The only reason Gajeel won bcs Bradman didn't use any of the good curses and once his intag was bypassed he was easy pickings.

Gray at the end of his fight with Invel will definitely be equal to or stronger than Gajeel, I have a gut feeling about it.
 
Last edited:

Kantos

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2016
Messages
506
Reaction score
1,498
Age
35
Country
Canada
So this needs to be settled.

Who believes Current Natsu is spriggan level.

and explain why

I don't believe Natsu is close to spriggan level, when it comes to overall stats, outside of attack power.

Jacob clearly wasn't oneshotted by Natsu's punch. It was a combination of Lucy, Makarov and Natsu that put him down.

The only ones that are spriggan level for me are primarily Gildartz and Laxus.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
So this needs to be settled.

Who believes Current Natsu is spriggan level.

and explain why

I don't believe Natsu is close to when it comes to overall stats, outside of attack power.

Jacob clearly wasn't oneshotted by Natsu's punch. It was a combination of Lucy, Makarov and Natsu that put him down.

The only ones that are spriggan level for me are primarily Gildartz and Laxus.
In terms of magical reserves, I agree that only Gldarts and Laxus are near a Spriggan 12's level, and even they might not as much in their tank as an actual Spriggan. Natsu doesn't quite reach that level. In terms of attack power however, Natsu's attacks are comparable with a Spriggan's. His general AoE is also comparable with some of the Spriggans. Durability wise, he can endure August's nuke. That was probably helped by his large elemental resistance, but probably not entirely. So while doesn't necessarily have the mp levels of a Spriggan 12, he can fight at the level of a Spriggan 12 until he runs out of MP.

Fire Dragon King spells have the ability to knock out an opponent of Jacob's caliber. Whilst it's true that Jacob received some hits prior to receiving Fire Dragon King spells, those hits didn't really do any major damage. Fire Dragon's Claw + Regulus Lucy Kick only did a very negligible amount of damage. Makarov's punch might have done more substantial damage, but Jacob was in more pain from the body heat coming off Natsu than he was by Makarov's punch. The damage done by Fire Dragon's Claw + Regulus Lucy kick + Makarov's punch can easily be replicated by simply using another FDK spell, or even a stronger regular spell.
 
Last edited:

**Silver**

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2016
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
942
Age
36
Country
Finland
How tf would God Serena deal with Ajeel's Sand World? His AoE is trash lol and his feats are lackluster af.:darn Thank Hiro for that one. :facepalm

GOI are fodder they are not even worth mentioning anymore. They'd get oneshotted by anyone close to S12 tier. :celebrate

Gajeel is low S12 tier, he ain't strong enough to beat a bloodlusted S12. If Bradman wasn't riddle with CIS/PIS he most definitely could have beat Gajeel in DF. The only reason Gajeel won bcs Bradman didn't use any of the good curses and once his intag was bypassed he was easy pickings.

Gray at the end of his fight with Invel will definitely be equal to or stronger than Gajeel, I have a gut feeling about it.
what feat Ajeel Sand Wold has ? no one was hydrated to death or was damaged??? even Fodders was enduring that shitstorm with no effort so tell me how that is affecting God Serena ? who can endure GMC Laxus tier opponent attacks with no effort??
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
The only ones that are spriggan level for me are primarily Gildartz and Laxus.
No Jellal?:gwah
But yeah, Natsu isn't Spriggan level, considering the fact that he had to enter FDKM and use his strongest attack in that mode to actually harm one of the Spriggan 12 (and it wasn't even serious since Lessio had a few injuries shown later on) compared to people like Laxus and Jellal who one shot Spriggan 12 members with casual attacks...it's a stretch to say Natsu is Spriggan 12 level
 

Cosmicstar

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
1,289
Reaction score
1,797
Age
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
So this needs to be settled.

Who believes Current Natsu is spriggan level.

and explain why

I don't believe Natsu is close to when it comes to overall stats, outside of attack power.

Jacob clearly wasn't oneshotted by Natsu's punch. It was a combination of Lucy, Makarov and Natsu that put him down.

The only ones that are spriggan level for me are primarily Gildartz and Laxus.
Incorrect. Lucy reversed his spacial magic but the person who took him out was Natsu with 1 attack. Natsu is without a doubt Spriggan level. Also yes Laxus beat Whal but last time I checked Kagura was dealing with Whal nukes easily until Dimara came in.



So basically I am pretty sure alot of characters are Spriggan level.

1) Had Erza been at full power during her fight against Whal she would have defeated him. Auma even comments that Erza isn't at her full power. From Azuma's perspective her full power would be Tenrou Island.


Yet she was still able to defeat them and with a glare.


Nienheart crapped his pants against Erza. She wasn't even anywhere near full power or even her Tenrou island power. Thus this would have put her at Spriggan level.

Also here is a picture of Natsu one shotting Jacob:


Hasn't even attacked yet and Jacob is already hurting.


All Makarov did was throw Jacob out the guild so Natsu wouldn't destroy it. He didn't hurt Jacob at all that was all Natsu.


Also if you are ranking GIldart's Spriggan tier because he beat Serena's Histore I wouldn't given it was stated that they were weaker then their original selves.

Now if we are basing it off Hard core feats then sure.


But Natsu also has a comparable feat:



 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Base Natsu isn't Spriggan level. FDKM Natsu is at least. Overall Natsu is Spriggan level.

It was a combination of Lucy, Makarov and Natsu that put him down.
A combination, but not an equal distribution.

I'd say most of the damage was done by the FDK spell. The other attacks do no more than minor damage.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Overall Natsu is Spriggan level.
This is what I'm failing to understand...FDKM is Natsu's strongest mode right now....why are you distinguishing between it and saying 'overall Natsu is Spriggan tier'
This reeks of a little bias if I'm being honest here
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
This is what I'm failing to understand...FDKM is Natsu's strongest mode right now....why are you distinguishing between it and saying 'overall Natsu is Spriggan tier'
This reeks of a little bias if I'm being honest here
Natsu can't stay permanently in FDKM, or at least he's never sustained a mode for too long. But in this short amount of time, he can generate Spriggan wrecking power.

I view modes as nothing different to having stronger spells (though FDKM has the added heat advantage). So Natsu's overall ranking should consider both base and FDKM capabilities, while also accounting for how long Natsu can FDKM for under his magic power.

And we need to remember Dragon Force is still to come...
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
And we need to remember Dragon Force is still to come...
This is a little baseless, where is this coming from? If it happens then well and good but at the moment I honestly don't think it's a good idea to judge someone's current potential by a power up that's not even latent...if that was the case then Gray fans have as much right to say he'll gain a Demon Force and Lucy fans can say she'll gain a CSK Star Dress....
The only time people were justified to rank a power up was when Natsu said he had something to take down Zeref, or when Gray says he has a power up for E.N.D and Zeref...other than that imo we shouldn't rank people with things they haven't achieved yet..
Personally, I don't even think Natsu will get Dragon Force....the only power up that's waiting for him is when the Book of E.N.D is opened
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
This is a little baseless, where is this coming from? If it happens then well and good but at the moment I honestly don't think it's a good idea to judge someone's current potential by a power up that's not even latent...if that was the case then Gray fans have as much right to say he'll gain a Demon Force and Lucy fans can say she'll gain a CSK Star Dress....
The only time people were justified to rank a power up was when Natsu said he had something to take down Zeref, or when Gray says he has a power up for E.N.D and Zeref...other than that imo we shouldn't rank people with things they haven't achieved yet..
Personally, I don't even think Natsu will get Dragon Force....the only power up that's waiting for him is when the Book of E.N.D is opened
Note: I'm not factoring in DF when I say Natsu is Spriggan level. This is what I'm saying...
Base Natsu isn't Spriggan level. FDKM Natsu is at least. Overall Natsu is Spriggan level.
Natsu used Dragon Force in Tartarus arc. Wendy can use it all the time. I think it's just to say Natsu has DF. How strong it will be is opinion, and mine is very high. There's more basis for Natsu's DF than CSK star dress or Demon Force. Moreover Gray's words are just that, words. If you want to place Gray at Zeref level because he said some stuff then that's fine, but I'll wait for that to eventuate.

If Natsu doesn't get Dragon Force I would be extremely shocked.
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
I don't really get why people make it sound like becoming a Spriggan tier ain't even impressive anymore. I think it was already worse enough to claim Natsu and Erza are Spriggan tier, but these days I've even seen people claiming Lucy and Juvia are (¬_¬)

Anyway, it seems a lot of Natsu overrating is happening here so I'll jump in to give my opinion on this. Let's show those fans the harsh truth @Emperor Spriggan!

I won't argue with the statement that Natsu's FDKM spells are comparable with other Spriggan level spells. But, is this really the only argument you can give why Natsu is Spriggan tier? I mean, since when is attack the only decisive factor in power rankings? Fact is, 9/12 of the Spriggans will stomp Natsu due to their hax magic in the first place, which basically no one can deny. The only Spriggans which he could deliver a low/mid diff fight are the raw power focused Spriggans which are Ajeel, God Serena and Wahl. But still. Has Natsu shown a spell that is big enough to undo Sandworld? Not even close. Can Natsu counter God Serena's spell spam? He didn't show us when he faced Historia God Serena. Can Natsu beat his own Weakness? Since he doesn't have a secondary magic like Laxus he can't. Face it people, Natsu will basically get owned/dominated/fodderstomped by any Spriggan he faces ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 

PeanutButterJelly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
2,639
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
I think most people fail to see this when scaling Natsu(or anybody else),yes he does have the damage output to take out a Spriggan,but I do not see a scenario where he actually could defeat any of them.Jacob was flying and was in no position to move. If it was a 1v1 fight Jacob could just poof Natsu away.
Having what it is need is one thing,but actually being able to is a complete different story.

EDIT: horrible grammar.I apologize to mankind.
 
Last edited:

Shoutmon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 21, 2016
Messages
754
Reaction score
1,483
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Has Natsu shown a spell that is big enough to undo Sandworld? Not even close. Can Natsu counter God Serena's spell spam? He didn't show us when he faced Historia God Serena. Can Natsu beat his own Weakness? Since he doesn't have a secondary magic like Laxus he can't. Face it people, Natsu will basically get owned/dominated/fodderstomped by any Spriggan he faces ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well, Natsu doesn't really have to negate the entire Sand World. His heat aura in FDKM would evaporate all the sand in his surrounding area as well as burn Ajeel, he could then just hit him with an FDK spell while he's recoiling. As for God Serena, Natsu didn't really try to do anything, and it's not as if his spells were hurting anybody. While Wahl does have his weakness bots, we have to take into account what weakness the bot would use, for example if it uses water, I could see Natsu just evaporating it and destroying the bot with his FDK spells as I doubt the weakness bot would actually have more power output than Natsu himself. I also doubt that Wahl could make a bot that could do something like nullify magic (in case you try to make that argument), because if he could, then he would have just used one against Gray, Juvia, Elfman, Lisanna, Mirajane and Laxus.
 
Last edited:

~Charging Lightning~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
4,594
Age
29
Country
United States
Meh, I can see Natsu defeating a few Spriggans. I know @BluePegasus stated that firepower isn't enough to warrant someone being Spriggan level (which I agree with), but it's not like Natsu is lacking in speed. We saw that he was able to speed blitz people like Ajeel and Jacob with relative ease. The spriggans I see Natsu possibly beating able to beat are Ajeel, Wahl, and Jacob depending on whether or not Jacob can use transport in time. Against Ajeel, Natsu's FDK aura would incinerate all the sand around him (not all of sand world, just the sand surrounding him) which makes Ajeel uselss vs Natsu. Wahl has better CQC, but due to Natsu's fire power being way better, if he lands a couple of hits then Wahl would be finished. The other Spriggans are complicated to compare to because they are a hax mess.

Also, some people seem to be confused on what "Spriggan level" is. Not being able to beat a Spriggan=/=not being on their level. If August defeats Irene in a fight, are we gonna say that Irene isn't on his level despite being stated to be multiple times? Giving a Spriggan a hard time can mean that you're Spriggan level. Just because someone hasn't soloed a Spriggan doesn't mean that they're not. For example, depending on how Gray does in this upcoming chapter vs Invel, he might be considered Spriggan level (even if he doesn't solo the latter).
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Natsu will basically get owned/dominated/fodderstomped by any Spriggan he faces ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If Natsu isn't Spriggan tier because he lacks hax, then is God Serena Spriggan tier? Or Laxus? Shouldn't they all get fodderstomped by hax Spriggans?

Attack power is one of the most important stats, because if people like Jacob get hit by Natsu's FDKM it's over.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
God Serena is above Ajeel but its not an utter shitstomp as some people are making out to be. Erza couldn't beat Ajeel because Ajeel' Sandworld has some hax in it. you basically cannot hit him if you don't have big enough AoE. put Mirajane, Natsu and Laxus against Ajeel and they can definitely hit him. Erza' AoE is as big as my own punch lol. she might have some counter against him like wind and water but that is useless when he is in the Sandworld.

put Erza against Jacob and she will shitstomp him if his Transport is restricted. put her against Wahl and it could go either way. put her against Neinhart and she will one shot him.

this is why I no longer have Spriggan level thing going on because when someone says that Erza is not that tier then I get really sick.
Yeah, nobody said God Serena stomps Ajeel. That wouldn't be true. In fact, [B]**Salty**[/B] even even stated that it would be around Medium Difficulty. I can agree with this. But assuming you believe God Serena will have more trouble, the highest I would give it is Medium-High Difficulty. Anyways, I would agree that none of the Spriggans can stomp one another unless you're talking about the top Spriggan and the bottom Spriggan.



How tf would God Serena deal with Ajeel's Sand World? His AoE is trash lol and his feats are lackluster af.:darn Thank Hiro for that one. :facepalm

GOI are fodder they are not even worth mentioning anymore. They'd get oneshotted by anyone close to S12 tier. :celebrate

Gajeel is low S12 tier, he ain't strong enough to beat a bloodlusted S12. If Bradman wasn't riddle with CIS/PIS he most definitely could have beat Gajeel in DF. The only reason Gajeel won bcs Bradman didn't use any of the good curses and once his intag was bypassed he was easy pickings.

Gray at the end of his fight with Invel will definitely be equal to or stronger than Gajeel, I have a gut feeling about it.
How would he not? These days, people act like Sand World is the determining factor in Ajeel's fight. For the last time, it does nothing but obscures the target's vision. There is no damage involved. The only characters affected by this attack are ones with low AoE like Erza. Don't compare God Serena to this. His AoE is impressive and would fare much better against that attack.

Not only can God Serena spam his attacks to disperse the sandstorm but Ajeel would most likely get caught in it if he came too close as well. So overall, Sand World won't help Ajeel much.
 
Last edited:

PeanutButterJelly

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2015
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
2,639
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Yeah, nobody said God Serena stomps Ajeel. That wouldn't be true. In fact, [B]**Salty**[/B] even even stated that it would be around Medium Difficulty. I can agree with this. But assuming you believe God Serena will have more trouble, the highest I would give it is Medium-High Difficulty. Anyways, I would agree that none of the Spriggans can stomp another unless you're talking about the top Spriggan and the bottom Spriggan.





How would he not? These days, people act like Sand World is the determining factor in Ajeel's fight. For the last time, it does nothing but obscures the target's vision. There is no damage involved. The only characters affected by this attack are ones with low AoE like Erza. Don't compare God Serena to this. His AoE is impressive and would fare much better against that attack.

Not only can God Serena spam his attacks to disperse the sandstorm but Ajeel would most likely get caught in it if he came too close as well. So overall, Sand World won't help Ajeel much.
You're missing the point of Sandworld.It not only takes vision from the target but it also allows Ajeel to move around it,similar to Juvia's WaterbodyFrom all of the Spriggan I think he's the second going by AoE if I recall correct.I doubt it takes only one AoE attack to dispell,since it covers such a huge area.
 
Top