The Last Person to Post Wins - Xenogears

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I mean, there's the normal pokemon games if you don't want to walk and want to actually play something resembling a game :cookiehand
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


I'm still 100% sure they had no idea the game would make so much profit. Nintendo is very old fashioned, it took them a long time to allow any sort of pokemon game on non-nintendo devices.
But I must admit it's rather sad that such a trashy game made more money than all the actual (and somewhat decent) pokemon games together.
Thats because everyone has a phone...not everyone owns Nintendo products
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
@Farfalla Btw you're also reaching the age when you'll be chubby and a lot of other things which I better not mention
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Thats because everyone has a phone...not everyone owns Nintendo products
Hows your woman treating you?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Thats because everyone has a phone...not everyone owns Nintendo products
Not exactly the reason. It's more because of all that free to play microtransaction bs that is far more successful than making a good game and selling it..
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,688
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
"Reaching the age"? :lmao

I don't expect you to be super knowledgeable about women but it's quite common that female metabolism will go down hill around the 25, not 30 :P So dw, I'm dealing with that for a while now.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Not exactly the reason. It's more because of all that free to play microtransaction bs that is far more successful than making a good game and selling it..
Well video games are expensive, Gry^^' Specially Nintendo ones. No wonder selling them seems harder.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Well video games are expensive, Gry^^' Specially Nintendo ones. No wonder selling them seems harder.
I'd rather pay more for something good than pay little for something bad. And let's be honest, many pokemon go players(or any free-to-play game players for that matter) often end up paying a ton of money for their free game. 5 dollars every once in a while... And you already paid more than for something good.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I'm still 100% sure they had no idea the game would make so much profit. Nintendo is very old fashioned, it took them a long time to allow any sort of pokemon game on non-nintendo devices.
But I must admit it's rather sad that such a trashy game made more money than all the actual (and somewhat decent) pokemon games together.
I'm still a 100% sure everyone at Niantic are fucking idiots.

The actual games themselves have a dedicated fanbase and get new generations. But everyone and their mom is playing Pokémon Go, and spending money on phone-games is pretty much a drop into the rabbit hole.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
"Reaching the age"? :lmao

I don't expect you to be super knowledgeable about women but it's quite common that female metabolism will go down hill around the 25, not 30 :P So dw, I'm dealing with that for a while now.
Okay....okay. By mid 30's you metabolism will likely hit rock bottom. And as you sins goes dull and your temperament starts getting the better of you........
Fuck this topic. As much inevitable as it is talking won't do a thing. Better to enjoy yourself while you can. Who knows what time has in store for us. Although it doesn't appear to be something great sigh
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@Farfalla Btw you're also reaching the age when you'll be chubby and a lot of other things which I better not mention
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hows your woman treating you?
She hasn't killed me yet xD
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,534
Reaction score
21,758
Gender
Female
Country
China
Drinking my regular tea after drinking so much green tea is kind of spicy
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,688
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Okay....okay. By mid 30's you metabolism will likely hit rock bottom. And as you sins goes dull and your temperament starts getting the better of you........
Fuck this topic. As much inevitable as it is talking won't do a thing. Better to enjoy yourself while you can. Who knows what time has in store for us. Although it doesn't appear to be something great sigh
The hell went wrong in this dude's life ^ while I was away o.O
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'd rather pay more for something good than pay little for something bad. And let's be honest, many pokemon go players(or any free-to-play game players for that matter) often end up paying a ton of money for their free game. 5 dollars every once in a while... And you already paid more than for something good.
Nah when it's one or two games, agreed. But I personally wouldn't be able to "pay more" for all the games I'd want in a console. So if there's an alternative, I'd rather take it xD Like, what pokemon players often do is to emulate the games some months/years later.
With the second part I agree. Altho here the balls are quite cheap (R$3,00 for 20) and I'd have to buy them 80~100 times to be equivalent to a pokémon 3DS game nowadays.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,534
Reaction score
21,758
Gender
Female
Country
China
what do you mean 'when I was away' hes always been like this for as long as I can remember. And thats not a good thing either
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Here we can sort of go around that 'cause sometimes we go pokehunt in places where a lot of people gather. So whenever they locate the "unusual ones", they tell others around. But Niantic said they would bring that back, right?

Yeah I could do that (the thread), better than spam here no?
That's "supposed" to be how hunting pokemon works, but obviously it can't apply to how everyone wants to play it. The main problem I have with Niantic is that they had a proximity-based tracking system in the game's beta and it apparently worked just fine. Instead, they turned into the "trickier" footprint system which only worked for a week or so before it broke and then they removed it completely. They tunneled so hard on stopping people breaking their ToS instead of implementing a fix for the issue themselves. I still fail to see how anyone breaking their ToS to make a tracking app actually hurt their bottom-line at all. If anything, hours spent playing the game was probably higher.

I mean, we can do whatever we want. But you're the one who brought the thread thing up. '-'
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,688
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Well you did remark that now we're discussing the game here instead of in the poké thread @.@'
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
We've posted about it a fair bit in the Pokemon thread here. But idk if the amount of discussion warrants it's own thread yet. Plus, it's kind of been split up a bit to here for some reason. :eyeroll
^

In any case, from asking here I took it as people don't see the need for one, so yup.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Well you did remark that now we're discussing the game here instead of in the poké thread @.@'
It was a joke
In any case, from asking here I took it as people don't see the need for one, so yup.
Yeah, but that's me personally, or maybe what riki thought. Not that it actually would have prevented anyone from making one...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Well, she's the VG mod and was posting leaks regarding the next gen of pokemon games while some people here or there were posting about PokeGo. So if she didn't see a need for it, it wasn't too much of a deal. But if Evil had made a separate thread for it instead of bringing the game up in the official Pokemon thread, I don't think it would have been merged or anything. Could go either way really.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top