Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

  • Gildarts & Zeref

  • Acnologia


Results are only viewable after voting.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Finished Haikyuu S2 yesterday... :crying Oikawa lost against Karasuno... :crying He could have received the last spike... :crying Praised by every relevant character and still couldn't defeat Ushiwaka... :crying most complete player and still couldn't lead his team to victory :crying damn feels :crying

That last match was so amazing. I would give both seasons 8.5 out of 10. I liked S1 a little bit more than S2, even though the last match of S2 was the best. I think too many episodes were dedicated to the Nekoma training camp in S2. I felt a little bit bored at times. But that's complaining on a high level. Daichi was great in the spring tournament and I also liked the "chaotic" team of Johzenji. xD On the other hand, Kageyama and Hinata didn't shine as much in S2 as in S1 for me. Nothing bad though, since it was great to see other characters like Yamaguchi (hell yeah, 5 points in a row!) or Ennoshita rule the court. :3 But you can say what you want, Oikawa was the star of this tournament. He has just a very cool character... these switches from serioussness to childishness are way too awesome. The best volleyball player in both seasons, serves which are supernatural, confidence paired with acknowledgement and determination. There you go... my favorite character of Haikyuu. That was his last match for Aoba, huh? :crying Will we see more of him or is the author done with Oikawa? :crying I would really like to see him defeat Ushiwaka, but this will never happen I guess. :crying As we are told in S1, JAPAN (xD one of the funniest scenes) seems to be a powerhouse who can break through anything you throw at him. Not much was relevealed about him, so I won't judge him for now. I'm looking forward to the match between Shiratorizawa and Karasuno.

I will obviously start to read the manga. Can you tell me where S2 stopped? Did I miss anything important which was left out in S2?

Oikawa :crying
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Finished Haikyuu S2 yesterday... :crying Oikawa lost against Karasuno... :crying He could have received the last spike... :crying Praised by every relevant character and still couldn't defeat Ushiwaka... :crying most complete player and still couldn't lead his team to victory :crying damn feels :crying

That last match was so amazing. I would give both seasons 8.5 out of 10. I liked S1 a little bit more than S2, even though the last match of S2 was the best. I think too many episodes were dedicated to the Nekoma training camp in S2. I felt a little bit bored at times. But that's complaining on a high level. Daichi was great in the spring tournament and I also liked the "chaotic" team of Johzenji. xD On the other hand, Kageyama and Hinata didn't shine as much in S2 as in S1 for me. Nothing bad though, since it was great to see other characters like Yamaguchi (hell yeah, 5 points in a row!) or Ennoshita rule the court. :3 But you can say what you want, Oikawa was the star of this tournament. He has just a very cool character... these switches from serioussness to childishness are way too awesome. The best volleyball player in both seasons, serves which are supernatural, confidence paired with acknowledgement and determination. There you go... my favorite character of Haikyuu. That was his last match for Aoba, huh? :crying Will we see more of him or is the author done with Oikawa? :crying I would really like to see him defeat Ushiwaka, but this will never happen I guess. :crying As we are told in S1, JAPAN (xD one of the funniest scenes) seems to be a powerhouse who can break through anything you throw at him. Not much was relevealed about him, so I won't judge him for now. I'm looking forward to the match between Shiratorizawa and Karasuno.

I will obviously start to read the manga. Can you tell me where S2 stopped? Did I miss anything important which was left out in S2?

Oikawa :crying
Yeah, in general this part in Season 2 wasn't that well-received in the manga either. Maybe that's why I'm not exactly a Nekoma fan, whenever they show up I just don't feel as invested as I usually am... they will show up in the manga again, and I didn't like that part much either, so lol Nekoma just isn't doing it for me.

As for Oikawa... yeah he's cool but I dunno, he's acting all mature when he's actually still a brat. Not a big fan of characters who act all smart and grown-up but actually are a whiny immature brat. Maybe I'm being too harsh, it's not that I dislike him, but I'm not the biggest fan xD His technique and playstyle is great to look at, but personality-wise I don't care much for him. No worries though, he's still going to appear.

Shiratorizawa vs. Karasuno is great, I hope you will (or already did) enjoy it :3
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


:blush

How about sharing your opinion regarding Shiratorizawa (both the team and the fight against Karasuno), I'm curious.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
You posted that picture in the wrong thread :3
I may have changed my mind 180° regarding Illya and Tanaka is an adorable airhead, but that is as far as it goes. Give me pictures of Chise, Touka, Yachi, manga-version Naho, Akane, An or Kaori. :zomg

About Shiratorizawa: I really like Oikawa, he is so.... j/k :lmao
I didn't really expect Karasuno to win and go to the nationals here. Before the match I thought it would be too early for them. Usually, the protagonists lose their first fight against the most hyped opponent. Not complaining though. The match was awesome and very long. Dunno how it felt for those who followed it weekly and not in one go like me. I would freak out waiting for the next chapter in such a heated match.
Ushiwaka grew slowly on me. There was always something lacking in my eyes. But after those cute flashbacks, his speech to everyone after the match and pages like this - which made me crack up :lmao - or these (#1, #2) , he started to gradually climb up to my favorites and he even may dethrone Oikawa at some point. :3 I won't waste too many words about him as a volleyball player, he is a monster among monsters and it breaks my heart that we won't see him or Oikawa in the nationals.
Aside from Ushiwaka-chan, I think Tendou of Shiratorizawa stood out the most. Tendou is one hell of a funny guy and I'm absolutely convinced that he is a member of the Uchiha Clan. : lmao He is like the only one able to "tease" Uchiwaka-chan.
I don't remember the name of the setter of Shiratorizawa, but he had his good moments too. And I'm looking forward to the first year ace of them. Sometimes he gets a little bit annoying, but he has potential I think. Must be hard to be the youngster in a team with Ushiwaka. ^^"

One of the greatest assets of Haikyuu in my opinion is the fact that the author lets other/side characters shine without making it feel like it's forced. Just look at this amazing color page. The fight among those two in this match was brilliant, no Tsukki was brilliant. He was by far the best player in the final and it felt authentic. A character not even in my top 5, I didn't care that much about him, but he almost made me tear up a little bit, especially after this panel. Gosh, he was superb (#1, #2, #3).
I can't even remember an important match where I would claim Hinata or Kageyama to be the mvp. That's what stands out the most for me, not only in the match against Shiratorizawa. The author puts much love to the side characters. And since I'm generally not a fan of MCs, I can only approve of that.

P.S.: I love it when the author makes this. xD
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Would need to look for pics somewhere on my PC I guess, and I'm too lazy for that atm... xD Who even are An and Kaori? :XD

Not much to add here, though I have to say I love your comments sprinkled with some lovely references to the manga :zomg Regarding Tsukki I completely agree, and I'm happy to hear that you're starting to appreciate Ushi :3

With the PS you mean the hands besides their heads? Yeah that one never stops being funny XD

Also nice Waifu Wars winner batch :D

Now I hope we can discuss Umineko after you get your Windows PC :p
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I have to agree... That batch looks so damn good. :XD
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Would need to look for pics somewhere on my PC I guess, and I'm too lazy for that atm... xD Who even are An and Kaori? :XD

Not much to add here, though I have to say I love your comments sprinkled with some lovely references to the manga :zomg Regarding Tsukki I completely agree, and I'm happy to hear that you're starting to appreciate Ushi :3

With the PS you mean the hands besides their heads? Yeah that one never stops being funny XD

Also nice Waifu Wars winner batch :D

Now I hope we can discuss Umineko after you get your Windows PC :p
Take your time or don't post them at all. I prefer a nice discussion over image-spams anyway. :3
I can live with you forgetting who An Onoya is, but you should feel ashamed for forgetting our beloved Kaori Miyazono.


Nah, with this page I refer to the characters failing to "power serve" the ball over the net. xD It's funny that this also happens to the best players.

Thanks! :3 Touka's win was more than deserved, no one can deny her high waifu level. Though, I wouldn't have mind if someone like Lucy or Saber won.

I'm really looking forward to Umineko. My expectations are very high, especially after seeing those nice sets of yours. But most of all, those amazing tracks make Umineko so interesting. =)

I have to agree... That batch looks so damn good. :XD
It would be hilarious if I could win the husbando wars with a Ken nomination. :lmao But I guess other people will nominate Ken faster than me. Dunno if I will even participate with a nomination.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Take your time or don't post them at all. I prefer a nice discussion over image-spams anyway. :3
I can live with you forgetting who An Onoya is, but you should feel ashamed for forgetting our beloved Kaori Miyazono.


Nah, with this page I refer to the characters failing to "power serve" the ball over the net. xD It's funny that this also happens to the best players.

Thanks! :3 Touka's win was more than deserved, no one can deny her high waifu level. Though, I wouldn't have mind if someone like Lucy or Saber won.

I'm really looking forward to Umineko. My expectations are very high, especially after seeing those nice sets of yours. But most of all, those amazing tracks make Umineko so interesting. =)


It would be hilarious if I could win the husbando wars with a Ken nomination. :lmao But I guess other people will nominate Ken faster than me. Dunno if I will even participate with a nomination.
I've never watched RELIFE past episode 3, so you won't ever see me posting pics of her I think xD As for Kaori, that's my bad :3 I actually have quite a few pics of her lol.





Well I guess that's not too different from what I have in mind, sometimes the failing power serve just ends at the back of someone's head :lmao

Lucy... really? She's as flat as can possibly be, besides her bust. Saber would be okay to me too, but as you could see even as a Fatetard I preferred Touka :zomg

High expectations really are a tricky thing, sometimes your expectations get a bit too high (not taking about you here specifically) xD Then again, I don't think you will end up being disappointed. I can't wait to hear your theories, I'm sure that will be a lot of fun :3 And well yeah, it's a sound novel, so there are lots and lots of tracks. More than a hundred at least, I believe. Thanks btw, reminds me that I should change my set sometime soon :D

Nominating a husbando would feel rather awkward, really... I guess it depends on what you make of it, it might as well just be your favourite male character or something xD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Another great Mahou chapter :wtf I wonder what Cartaphilus is up to, but no doubt things are going to get ugly again.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Damn you, I wanted that Umineko image as a signature. What a disgusting start into the day...

Another great Mahou chapter :wtf I wonder what Cartaphilus is up to, but no doubt things are going to get ugly again.
Yeah, it was a great chapter again. Ruth kinda described what was going on. Elias needs to get his shit together. :/ Chise was really badass, I love it when she gets straight to the point and considers to take drastic actions when she feels the need for.

Seems like the next chapters will be amazing. I hope Lindel will deliver us some goodies, because let's be honest, Cartaphilus will have the upper hand. :(
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I've never watched RELIFE past episode 3, so you won't ever see me posting pics of her I think xD As for Kaori, that's my bad :3 I actually have quite a few pics of her lol.





Well I guess that's not too different from what I have in mind, sometimes the failing power serve just ends at the back of someone's head :lmao

Lucy... really? She's as flat as can possibly be, besides her bust. Saber would be okay to me too, but as you could see even as a Fatetard I preferred Touka :zomg

High expectations really are a tricky thing, sometimes your expectations get a bit too high (not taking about you here specifically) xD Then again, I don't think you will end up being disappointed. I can't wait to hear your theories, I'm sure that will be a lot of fun :3 And well yeah, it's a sound novel, so there are lots and lots of tracks. More than a hundred at least, I believe. Thanks btw, reminds me that I should change my set sometime soon :D

Nominating a husbando would feel rather awkward, really... I guess it depends on what you make of it, it might as well just be your favourite male character or something xD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Another great Mahou chapter :wtf I wonder what Cartaphilus is up to, but no doubt things are going to get ugly again.
Nominating my favourite male character is pretty much what I'm doing here. I'm too anti weeb to be able to wholeheartedly sell another male based only on his sexual and emotional attractions...
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Damn you, I wanted that Umineko image as a signature. What a disgusting start into the day...

Yeah, it was a great chapter again. Ruth kinda described what was going on. Elias needs to get his shit together. :/ Chise was really badass, I love it when she gets straight to the point and considers to take drastic actions when she feels the need for.

Seems like the next chapters will be amazing. I hope Lindel will deliver us some goodies, because let's be honest, Cartaphilus will have the upper hand. :(
You can complain once you've actually started reading dude :p

Well he still is a little kid when it comes to emotions, he honestly doesn't know how to handle feelings like love yet. He certainly acted like a little brat but it's a growing process for the both of them, so I was fine with that. I wonder if what Ruth did will come back to bite him though, looks like the child plans to take/hunt them when she's matured into the queen, or that's how I understood it.
Chise is always greatness :pleased

I don't think Lindel stands a chance either, but it's a bit hard to measure powerlevels, considering hardly anyone fought for real this far. Then again Cartaphilus did sting Chise's new friend (I forgot her name...), so it seems likely that he plans to involve Chise/Elias somehow.

Nominating my favourite male character is pretty much what I'm doing here. I'm too anti weeb to be able to wholeheartedly sell another male based only on his sexual and emotional attractions...
Well you might be anti weeb but you sure are passionate about this, I like your spirit :D
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I love the vibe honestly. Friendly competition is good for the soul after all :derp
It was also a good excuse to make a new av and sig set and update my gallery
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Oh my god... those are great! The last one is my favorite, it's so cuuuuuteeeeeee.


I will start to buy the PC components in two weeks, so I can build it at the start of my next vacation. I'm pretty excited. You can start preparing the links where I can get my hands on Umineko. :3
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Yeah, I decided to nominate him in the Husbando Wars. Actually, I was uncertain whether to nominate someone or not, but today's boredom as well as the need for further nominations for the bracket settled it in the end. Don't think he is a bad choice.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Thanks for the pics, but I'm aware of every single Ha Yuri Zahard art there is on the web. :hip

Those are from the ToG game. They did a lot of these arts for many characters. :zomg

But the game is only available for korean phones. :darn
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Thanks for the pics, but I'm aware of every single Ha Yuri Zahard art there is on the web. :hip

Those are from the ToG game. They did a lot of these arts for many characters. :zomg

But the game is only available for korean phones. :darn
Every pic? I almost feel triggered

Yeah I know, I think we talked about it some time ago :(
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Time to wreak havoc in your thread!



--- Double Post Merged, ---
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-miyazaki-anime-to-top-10-billion-yen/.106669

;)

What were your thoughts on 5cm?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...gets-2-part-spinoff-about-future-suwa/.106836

This one's a few days old, but now we got this too:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime-sequel-film-written-by-creator/.106877

:o

And Takano's (the author) comment on the movie:

I’m very happy that I’m able to see another chapter of the story in the form of a movie after feeling loneliness from the television anime series ending. The new story I wrote [for the film] is the final chapter I had originally planned for the series since I began serializing it with chapter one, but since I wanted to write it from Suwa’s viewpoint, I ended up not using it for the final chapter. This story is the future that Suwa and his friends didn’t get to see. This future that Naho and the others experience after receiving the letters is one that is also new to the 26-year old Suwa. I wrote it while listening to the theme song for the film, “Mirai.” Because I felt that the lyrics matched how Suwa watches over Kakeru and Naho so perfectly, I decided that there was no better title for the film than “Mirai.” Please watch the “future” that was made by each character holding the person they love precious. I’m looking forward to the movie!
Certainly looks and sounds interesting. I hope it will be better than the anime, but considering it's showing all new stuff I'm definitely in.
Also, the last (38 minutes long) episode was really good for the most part, they can do it if they actually try. A shame that prior episodes are so lackluster.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also, what's with you saying you will be here for a few hours, then vanish shortly thereafter? Pffff :nah
 
Top