Gunther vs Marian Cross

Who wins?

  • Gunther

  • Marian Cross


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlanor_A.Knox

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2010
Messages
475
Reaction score
335
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
 
Last edited:

Silverwolf442

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
293
Reaction score
245
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Well anyone familiar with me in DGM fandom knows my answer will be Cross. Hoshino's Cross. Not the bastard TMS anime created -they ruined his character. But he does look good in the anime, so i'll use some screenshots.

1st, He looks better.


Next, he's diverse. Jack of all trades, if you will.

At a glance, he gives off a typical bad boy vibe. He likes to party and stay out late. Wears leather, piercings, loves drinking, has wild hair.
And he can be very temperamental. But that isn't all there is to him. And he shows he's got a good bit of depth that your typical bad boys -like Grimmjow, don't have.

First off, he's a gentleman. His profile stating he likes good women -he sees them as people, otherwise good ones from bad ones wouldn't matter. One example being, he hates The Order, but stayed there when Lenalee wanted him to. He's also been shown to have pictures and keepsakes from his lovers that he puts away. He also thinks very fondly of Klaud, stating she's always a nice woman -even though she doesn't like him. He's not been shown as misogynistic in any way -like I see many interpret him. He's just not monogamous. Polyamorous probably.

And he knows how to conduct himself with class. He can put on a nice suit, straighten his hair and appear + act as a man of higher society.

He likes the finer things such expensive whine, beautiful things, and nice clothes. Very fashionable, shown and stated by Hoshino herself.

We can also look in his room and see he enjoys reading / literature

We see pictures on his walls as well -thus he does seem to have appreciation for art and decoration.

He is also highly intelligent. Being a former scientist.

One of his creations being Timcampy.

A sentient being that is crazy about it's creator, and despairs if he thinks something happened to Cross. And Cross also shows nothing but fondness for Tim. He cares about his creations.

A Cross + Tim compilation I posted on tumblr

So while Cross has his flaws and recklessness, that's not his only side. You can go to a bar or club, and party with him. Or, you can get dressed up and go to the opera or museum with him. The former could have been where he met Maria -since she does look like a showgirl.

So, he can fit and belong in multiple settings. And he's not bad lover it seems. Anita and her mother loved him, and Word of God says Anita hates mean people. So I doubt they'd both fall for a creep / misogynist. If you're open and not easily jealous, Cross can be for you.
 
Last edited:

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,407
Country
Torumekian Empire
same here .. I just looked up sawako and found out about Kimi ni Todoke. LOL
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,202
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
@Demonspeed great, but don't forget to vote for Marian


well I don' know the anime at all but her gifs are so like me :teehee
If I were to picture myself i guess that do a great job describing me or some of my reactions (yeaaaah I m the extremely shy and clumsy type of girl) :hmph
Need to watch this too i guess :XD
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,407
Country
Torumekian Empire
I just realized I posted my reply here in the wrong thread. :facepalm




Rushed in to save uber's vote...

ended up doing the same mistake... :notlikethis

 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,407
Country
Torumekian Empire
:gwahho-ho-ho-hold on... I'm just kidding... I haven't voted yet. :sweatdrop
I just started watching valkyria chronicles. :tem :sweat
 

Dragoon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2016
Messages
603
Reaction score
476
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
:gwahho-ho-ho-hold on... I'm just kidding... I haven't voted yet. :sweatdrop
I just started watching valkyria chronicles. :tem :sweat
You may have trouble deciding. Both are great characters.
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I just realized I posted my reply here in the wrong thread. :facepalm
xD Tbh I thought you did it intentinally lol

But next round definitely voting for Marian...I need to redeem myself so voters you'd better choose MARIAN !!!!!

(also cuz I am scared of that panda with knife...)
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,407
Country
Torumekian Empire
right! definitely Marian for next round! Urie and Third doesn't hold a candle against Marian!



(if only we have a way to get rid of that panda...)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Voted for Marian red's hair...




Even though he is a drunkard and a gambler that leaves his friends to pay...it's not his hair's fault :XD
 

Silverwolf442

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
293
Reaction score
245
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yay! I have to say, I was not expecting Cross to win. A lot of people seem to hate him. He's so misunderstood.
 
Last edited:

Dragoon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2016
Messages
603
Reaction score
476
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
That's too bad. I'm sure women who find anime males hot would have liked gunther... or at least a bit attractive, not to mention the guy is loyal as hell... rip gunther. Oh well, cross isn't a bad choice tho
 

Discarab

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 24, 2016
Messages
841
Reaction score
1,730
Age
27
Country
United States
Gotta go with general cross, gunthers nice but cross is just a total bad ass.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top