Discussion Hiatus X Hiatus

Msan28

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2016
Messages
72
Reaction score
111
Age
33
Country
Mexico
:zomg When did he draw this?
Is pretty recent. I did a little research, and the magazine is from Yamagata Prefecture, Togashi's hometown. Is a magazine that the city publish, and is monthly. Togashi's issue is number 8, looking at the web, the lastest issue is number 7 (with another mangaka cover, I don't know who it is xD) and it was released July 11 of this year. Togashi´s issue is not listed yet in the website, but it seems that is going to be published sometime in August.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Wonder what the message says, noone translated it yet.

BUt it really IS a good sign. This hiatus seems very different in nature than the last one where all one heard was bad news about togashi's health being threatened.
 

Msan28

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2016
Messages
72
Reaction score
111
Age
33
Country
Mexico
Yeah, kinda remind me the comeback of the last hiatus. It started with the illustration of Goku in 30th Anniversary DB book, then a signed skecth in Japan, then jury in a drawing contest, the announcement of the Jump Ryuu... and finally the series return alongside the Vol 33 release announcement.

When Togashi is not in the mood, we don't hear a thing about him. Now, we have a couple of news, now this, later this month the interview with KiSHImoTo in Jump Giga, in november the release of Togashi's Jump Ryuu... Let's hope...
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
oh well, it still sounds like he is in good spirit at the moment.
 

Riyuki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
774
Reaction score
200
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Omg!!! I came here to check on things and didn't expect the last couple of pages. I was convinced it would be late 2017 before more chapters lol. I really hope it comes back soon and I believe the editor about the best chapters ever. I've had a feeling that would be the case since the start of the last several chapters.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Today i was reading on a mangastreaming side, and on its board, there was this post:


I'm going to congratulate series that come back from a long hiatus. Congrats Silver Spoon Ch 117 for coming back on a ~7 month hiatus!

And i was like: Fuck you. Fuck everything. If a manga has a 7 month hiatus once in its lifetime it is not long. Now leave me alone while i cry and grumble <:
 
Last edited:

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,407
Country
Torumekian Empire
yeah! fuck whoever posted that!

also, was it kind of a tease post?
like you see the "I'm going to congratulate series that come back from long hiatus" without seeing the rest of the post?
cause then, Really fuck that guy!

any news on HxH return?

:emocat :emocat :emocat :emocat
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
yeah! fuck whoever posted that!

also, was it kind of a tease post?
like you see the "I'm going to congratulate series that come back from long hiatus" without seeing the rest of the post?
cause then, Really fuck that guy!

any news on HxH return?

:emocat :emocat :emocat :emocat
Nah it wasn't a teaste post :p

So far, there have not been any news yet.
It is speculated that the Manga will return once the latest Tankubon is out.
As far as i know, this will definitely not be out before october and likely not be out before november.
So, as sad as it is, chances are that we will not see the manga return before late november or december.
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,407
Country
Torumekian Empire
october...

november...

december...

man.. you're just as bad as the guy who posted that. :emocat:emocat

I guess HxH returning will be a good christmas gift :pleased

if not, then christmas is ruined :biblethump
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Not impressed :nah
Sometimes I wonder why I stick around HxH but it's pretty fun when it's actually serialising....
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ah well, at least i was never let down after waiting.

So, at least HxH never loses the appeal of being 'special' once it serializes :p
It's hard to imagine arc fatique and boredom of the manga setting in when it releases only every few decades^^
 

Msan28

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2016
Messages
72
Reaction score
111
Age
33
Country
Mexico
HxH is very special, even the japanese fans feels the same. Is always interesting, What it get me mad is that I want more and more xD
But always there waiting in the shadows. Meanwhile I have the chance to read new things.

BTW, Shueisha already release his schudle of new volumes until November, and of course there's no HxH 34. So, we need to wait if Vol 34 is launched or not in December. It has some chances, remember that Vol 31 and 32, both were released in December 2012 (dec 4 and dec 28). Also, if in November we don't hear nothing from Togashi's Jump Ryu about the return of the series, maybe a Spring return is very possible.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
HxH is very special, even the japanese fans feels the same. Is always interesting, What it get me mad is that I want more and more xD
But always there waiting in the shadows. Meanwhile I have the chance to read new things.

BTW, Shueisha already release his schudle of new volumes until November, and of course there's no HxH 34. So, we need to wait if Vol 34 is launched or not in December. It has some chances, remember that Vol 31 and 32, both were released in December 2012 (dec 4 and dec 28). Also, if in November we don't hear nothing from Togashi's Jump Ryu about the return of the series, maybe a Spring return is very possible.
Oh, i only read they said no HxH in october, but then it will taken even longer :emocat

But ya, it makes sense to release tankubons near the years end, sales usually skyrocket at that time.
BUt then.....we are getting close that 7 month mark, ey?^^

I hope that there will be more than eleven chapters next time.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I wonder if there is some way to make money off of people 'in suspense'?
If there is, the author and publishers will be raking in the money for years, without a single chapter published. :comfort
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I wonder if there is some way to make money off of people 'in suspense'?
If there is, the author and publishers will be raking in the money for years, without a single chapter published. :comfort
´If Togashi wasn't as difficult as he is, they might have done a spin off a long time ago.
They could also keep on releasing movies. TOgashi seems to have no problem with that.
If they add some actual quality to them, they could do pretty well. Sadly, the two movies i have seen were not very good.
They had some nice moments, but nothing actually great.
Now, if madhouse were to create a spin off anime about ging's or netero's hunter exam, that would be a money maker.
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,407
Country
Torumekian Empire
they actually have so many characters to choose from to make a spin off anime..

man this talks are killing me. I want it back now ! :emocat :emocat
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,719
Reaction score
61,446
Gender
Male
Country
France
they actually have so many characters to choose from to make a spin off anime..

man this talks are killing me. I want it back now ! :emocat :emocat
I once thought about a Ging or Phantom Troupe spin-off. But if Togashi is not the one writing the scenario it's not worth it IMO.

I doubt there will ever be something like that despite the potential anyway.
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,407
Country
Torumekian Empire
Yeah.. Ging spin-off would be really good.
Like how he got to what he is now. how he got those creatures he rides on. just everything.
I bet he was such a bad-ass back then. like Saitama fighting fodders :XD

Sadly, I agree that it just won't happen at all. Togashi already has trouble writing the manga. much more writing a spin-off.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I once thought about a Ging or Phantom Troupe spin-off. But if Togashi is not the one writing the scenario it's not worth it IMO.

I doubt there will ever be something like that despite the potential anyway.
I think togashi will not be fine with anything that touches canon too much. He was fine with hisoka's past as a one shot, but I could see him getting upset about someone making a spider spinoff.
Thus, i think a madhouse anime or movie about things he does not want to touch would be fine.
SOme really minor stuff, like zochi making it in the heaven's arena or a past hunter exam. Stuff where you do not have to ask many questions to togashi before he says 'yes that could be canon for all i care'.
 
Top