Fantasy - God Serena vs Gray | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy God Serena vs Gray

God Serena vs Gray

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Participant 1
God Serena
Participant 2
Gray Fullbuster
Magics
4 Elements of God Serena
Des Magic
and
Ice Make Magic
Restricts none
Let's assume God Serena don't have ice element
Who wins?Fabulous hair or Gray

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
God Serena takes this mid to high diff..Historia Serena was already overwhelming Gray and co. and even if admittedly they weren't fighting back, I don't think Gray's Ice DeS is fast enough to react to Serena's element spam

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Gray has fabulous hair when it's all slicked up. It's one of the best looks in the series. God Serena though, he's flamboyant and pulls off that ridiculous hair. But enough on that...

Edited this a few times btw.

It's a pretty tough battle tbh. It really depends.

Ch 498 Gray gets beaten, like mid diff. He wasn't impressive until Juvia died.

Ch 500 Gray has a real shot at winning. I'd call this version of Gray high on bloodlust and emotional power - pretty much as strong as Base Gray can be. God Serena isn't going to be a punching bag like Invel.

So I'm going to call this one God Serena high diff, or a tie. God Serena has better physicals than Gray, but Gray also has another gear with demonising. Serena has the edge in offence as well, and will be a bit better in a face to face brawl than Invel.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Historia Serena was already overwhelming Gray and co. and even if admittedly they weren't fighting back
I wouldn't even call it overwhelming. Gray was pretty much having a swim in H-Serena's fire and water stew. I put it down to plot that they didn't fight back there because it was setting up Gildarts return. Same thing, to me, happened in Alvarez when Makarov scooped up team Natsu... they were being held out so Laxus could return.

That said, H-Serena still did 'okay' against Gildarts.

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I put it down to plot that they didn't fight back there because it was setting up Gildarts return.
Using plot as an argument fails all the time, I really think it should avoid being used in debates like this one. Plot is a terrible excuse and makes debating useless, it really does.
Same thing, to me, happened in Alvarez when Makarov scooped up team Natsu... they were being held out so Laxus could return.
No one on their side at the time could deal with Sands of Death, it dwarfed Makarov in his Titan Form, that's saying something. It can't be chucked down to plot. I'd agree with you on saying that Gray and co. weren't injured by Serena's attacks (he only used 1 mind you), since Natsu ate his fire, and I have a strong feeling if Song of the Sun and Moon had landed it would have left them in a state similar to the GOI after he was done with them.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Serena wins this mid diff.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Using plot as an argument fails all the time, I really think it should avoid being used in debates like this one. Plot is a terrible excuse and makes debating useless, it really does.
Plot is interconnected with everything in the manga. Sometimes plot demands people fight, sometimes it doesn't.

It's terrible to use plot as an example for "why X beat Y"... but it's not in a case where "X did nothing to Y", or "X didn't fully engage Y".

I think in these instances a degree of discretion is fine. But I'll concede that people will disagree on this.

At any rate the feats for H-Serena's 2 spells were negligible anyway.

No one on their side at the time could deal with Sands of Death, it dwarfed Makarov in his Titan Form, that's saying something. It can't be chucked down to plot. I'd agree with you on saying that Gray and co. weren't injured by Serena's attacks (he only used 1 mind you), since Natsu ate his fire, and I have a strong feeling if Song of the Sun and Moon had landed it would have left them in a state similar to the GOI after he was done with them.
So Sands of Death isn't stoppable by Natsu or Gray? Natsu has AoE/power feats to stop it. I'd argue Gray could to. Laxus was able to stop it with a bolt of lightning. Now, Laxus is quite strong, but not to the point that a bolt of lightning > anything Natsu/Gray can do.

I do agree the Wind Roar was a stronger spell.

Solitrine

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Angry Gray low diffing Invel while in Base form gives me the confidence to say that he should be able to beat any normal Spriggan even if he does need to use Ice DeS.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Seeing how Gray could beat Invel in Base(i felt Gray was a bully who was beating Invel who is a nerd in the classroom for his glasses) i don't think God Serena even if he wins will not be anything less than high diff.
Angry Gray low diffing Invel while in Base form gives me the confidence to say that he should be able to beat any normal Spriggan even if he does need to use Ice DeS.
God Serena is no ordinary Spriggan.He has fabulous hair.

**Silver**

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
so okay God Serena wins this High-difficulty..because obvious reasons he fodderized Goi+Jura and his Historia version was able to go against Gildarts hand to hand combat... and Gildarts is casually destroying mountains with his crash magic punches and Serena is able to take those hits...

Last edited:

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
And the Serena wank continues. Gray wins.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Goddy low-mid diff. Won't discount Gray beating Invel with PoF and in base but to say Invel is a more physical threat than God Serena would be just dumb. He'll be spamming all day on Gray

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Yeah, God Serena mid-diffs at best IMO. Invel was manhandling Gray before Juvia 'died'. After Juvia 'died' Gray only destroyed Invel due to Power of Emotions. Not to mention, I rank God Serena as above Invel.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Gray was beating the crap out of invel like he was a fodder but he's going to get mid diffied by serena ??? Lol what ? Serena is overrated..gray wins

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gray was beating the crap out of invel like he was a fodder but he's going to get mid diffied by serena ??? Lol what ? Serena is overrated..gray wins
He only beat Invel because he took Invel's ice and used it against him. God Serena doesn't have ice powers for Gray to take so no Gray is getting beat.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
He only beat Invel because he took Invel's ice and used it against him. God Serena doesn't have ice powers for Gray to take so no Gray is getting beat.
Okay but he's not going to mid diff gray lol..

Kantos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
God Serena isn't mid diffing here especially against Super Saiyan Gray at full power, considering the latter punched down a spriggan with low diff display. and people need to lay off with the PoF Claims and discounting feats. Pof is legit in every battle in this manga, so enough with that BS.

It's going to be a high diff either way. I'm going to give it to God Serena because he can spam his elements.
Please, we all know God Serena's fabulous hair can one-shot Gray :D
Super Saiyan Hair>>>Trash hair.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Okay but he's not going to mid diff gray lol..
Well jko admitted it to being mid-high diff which is close enough tbh.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
God Serena isn't mid diffing here especially against Super Saiyan Gray at full power, considering the latter punched down a spriggan with low diff display. and people need to lay off with the PoF Claims and discounting feats. Pof is legit in every battle in this manga, so enough with that BS.

It's going to be a high diff either way. I'm going to give it to God Serena because he can spam his elements.

Super Saiyan Hair>>>Trash hair.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Well jko admitted it to being mid-high diff which is close enough tbh.
I know, i was talking about the people who says that god Serena can mid diff gray lol..and we haven't seen an bloodlusted des gray or his trump card yet..

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
He was pounding him before that....With just his bare fists.