This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Tower of God.
Moderator Notice: Please refrain from posting spoilers which exceed this chapter (299/219).
If you have spoilers exceeding chapter 299/219, please post them in the specific spoiler thread in our archive (Tower's Vault)! Contact me if a spoiler thread is missing. Thank you.~ syx
I feel tad cheated though. We see hatz reveal an awesome new weapon which might just barely give him the edge he needs to at least survive his fight against the princess but all we get is shibisu talking?
WTH did bam even do there? Did he tap into the power of the souls somehow?
It seems like the fight against kaiser is over at least.
Wait where the hell is Hatz's new Ignition Weapon? I don't want to see Shibisu chatting up girls
So I was right in thinking that Kaiser went down this chapter. At least, that's what it looks like at the moment. I still have my doubts though
Hatsu's weapon is that powerful and it's not even ignited. She doesn't remember her name, so what now? Does Alphine remember? Or Baam will give her a new one?
You know, I'd find it interesting if the ally of the twins was Yuri. If it's not her I don't see how it could be shocking, she's the one who told them to come here. We don't know many princesses, but I want to see Maschenny too so there is some faint hope in my heart that it's her despite the fact that it's extremely unlikely.
Hatsu's weapon is that powerful and it's not even ignited. She doesn't remember her name, so what now? Does Alphine remember? Or Baam will give her a new one?
You know, I'd find it interesting if the ally of the twins was Yuri. If it's not her I don't see how it could be shocking, she's the one who told them to come here. We don't know many princesses, but I want to see Maschenny too so there is some faint hope in my heart that it's her despite the fact that it's extremely unlikely.
It's a Ha Style Flare Wave Explosion. The type he's used before but the Ha Family's style of Flare Wave is very destructive in nature. Think of it like 10 or more of Yuri's punches condensed into one
Holy shit, Hatsu's new sword seems to be too powerful at this stage. From appearance point of view there is no other weapon which looks more badass. I'm really looking forward to its ignited form. Sadly, Ship intervened here, but I liked how he handled the situation.
Can't say for sure if I understood the plot surrounding Shilial and Lilial. So, somewhere in the upper floors, there are Arie Rose Zahard and Hendrock Gladmerry Zahard fighting each other's team? And according to Ship, the Twin-Princesses sided with one of them. But there is a condition to meet in order to get accepted into the team? Ship suspects it's either making Androssi join the team too, or - if Androssi refuses - to take her out since she is a competitor in the Princess system and there is a she could join the other teams?
You know, I'd find it interesting if the ally of the twins was Yuri. If it's not her I don't see how it could be shocking, she's the one who told them to come here. We don't know many princesses, but I want to see Maschenny too so there is some faint hope in my heart that it's her despite the fact that it's extremely unlikely.
Evan and Yuri came up with the whole Name Hunt Station plot/condition on the fly after Team Ship even made contact with the Twin-Princesses. I doubt Yuri is affiliated with them, how would that fit the timeline of events? Though, I will put her in the poll regardless, maybe there is more to it than we know. Because of the cliffhanger, it's heavily implied that we know the girl whom the Twin-Princesses sided with. Rachel or Maschenny would make more sense to me.
I am very surprised at how the hatz thing turned out. It seems like his sword is something that he can't even use at this point. What kind of weapon can't be used by a d class regular? An exceptionally strong one at that.... Back at the start of the series we saw anak using the green april with no real trouble. She is part princess but she would still be inferior to hatz today as far as I can tell. And he green april is a b rank weapaon. Bam could ignite the black march and he did not even have a speck of power (though Black march did do that intentionally). Anwyays, if someone with hatz skill can't use this sword then it should not be less than b rank at least which is a huge deal. How the hell did he get his hands on that?
Interestingly it does not seem like the princess was all that concerned. In the end it makes sense that even with such a weapon hatz would be far from guaranteed a victory. If anything even with that he only gets a chance of winning IMO considering his enemy is a princess from the ten families.
So.... the princesses were looking to recruit another princess? They really got the lottery if they got their hands on a princess from the arie family. Seeing someone like that fight would really be a sight to behold. I hope that princess does not fight hatz though. What he has shown so far does not suggest he could take on such a monster IMO. He has no real counter to arie swordsmanship and perhaps he will end up wacking the princess with his sword causing no real damage. I hope hatz eventually develops a counter to arie swordsmanship, I feel like the series should be building for hatz to eventually have such an encounter. It's a shame arie swordsmanship can't be learned.
So kaiser is defeated.... I thought she would have had something else up her sleeve considering everything that has been said about her. And every page that goes by she seems an inch closer to joining bam's harem. Exactly what kaiser needed, to have a guy she has know for a full 20 minutes mansplain her problem to her. Now she will likely remember her name because bam steals it (along with her maiden heart). It's a tad idiotic that kaiser does not remember her name. And it's even more idiotic that bam would even suspect that she does not remember her name. I guess that is why he got to do the mansplaining.
So Kaiser got taken out. Next chapter it should be time for her to fall madly in love with Baam.
To be honest, I'm a little lost in the Zahard Princess politics side of things. I voted for Repellista because I feel like that would be an interesting twist but I'm not sure that matches her style. All I know is Hatsu's new sword is pretty badass looking. I feel like he's earned that after all the times SIU's set him into fights only to get beatdown.
I also know we've gone far too long without more Androssi.
Ironic that kaiser is the master of the name hunt game but she doesn't remember her own name.
Also kind of mind boggling that baam would know that kaiser wouldn't remember either her parents name or her name. Comon if you can remember your parents names you can remember your name.
When a sentence for punishment is officially given they say it with the full name. Eg "Jue violence grace has been sentenced to a kick on the balls for stealing too many princess hearts" (that player ) so whenever kaiser would remember her parents (which is everyday it seems) she would definitely remember her sentence being passed. And that sentence would definitely have her name. So yeah she should be remembering her name according to me
So Kaiser got taken out. Next chapter it should be time for her to fall madly in love with Baam.
To be honest, I'm a little lost in the Zahard Princess politics side of things. I voted for Repellista because I feel like that would be an interesting twist but I'm not sure that matches her style. All I know is Hatsu's new sword is pretty badass looking. I feel like he's earned that after all the times SIU's set him into fights only to get beatdown.
I also know we've gone far too long without more Androssi.
Repelista is not climbing the tower as far as we know though. She has an exceptional lighthouse but even with that I don't see how she could climb the tower fast enough to be relevant in future events. Even if she climbs fast, catching up to the gang were already climbing very fast and have just skipped a bunch of floors thanks to the hell train seems extremely unlikely at best.
The only princess who could be big enough to deserve a cliffhanger like this is Yuri, otherwise it'll feel pretty cheap. In this case, I'd rather go for the cheap cliffhanger value, as I don't think Yuri being involved with these two makes any sense in the story so far.
Kaiser not remembering her own name is kinda funny as well as sad. But it shows to what extreme did she forsake her own self in favor of her family, I guess. Well, stealing her name or asking Alphine ( <3 ) will most definitely answer that question xD
Repelista is not climbing the tower as far as we know though. She has an exceptional lighthouse but even with that I don't see how she could climb the tower fast enough to be relevant in future events. Even if she climbs fast, catching up to the gang were already climbing very fast and have just skipped a bunch of floors thanks to the hell train seems extremely unlikely at best.
I thought Repelista was a Ranker. So isn't she already up there?
And I think the logic with her being behind it would be something like her manipulating them for some other goal rather than the battle between princesses. Can't imagine her being involved in that. But I could totally imagine her being involved in setting this whole thing up, including the Yuri side of things.
I thought Repelista was a Ranker. So isn't she already up there?
And I think the logic with her being behind it would be something like her manipulating them for some other goal rather than the battle between princesses. Can't imagine her being involved in that. But I could totally imagine her being involved in setting this whole thing up, including the Yuri side of things.
Well, at least the wikia suggests she has not begun climbing the tower. Which of course means everything about her is completely exceptional. Without having climbed the tower she was able to locate bam and she has an opera, which would at least be one of the most valuable tools in the entire tower...
She has a big role to play somehow but I would question it being related to the current events... To me it seems more likely that she is somehow related to fug... Since she somehow found bam. Or perhaps is related to wolfhaikson... Since she asked yuri for the flower thing.
I think that Kaiser becoming a love interest for Baam would be bad. I think she would be a better character if she cast away the feeling of sudden love that got her into this mess in the first place. Besides, didn't Androssi say to Kaiser that they were a couple? Why would Kaiser fall in love with Baam knowing this? I would find that disgraceful of her.
I am very surprised at how the hatz thing turned out. It seems like his sword is something that he can't even use at this point. What kind of weapon can't be used by a d class regular? An exceptionally strong one at that.... Back at the start of the series we saw anak using the green april with no real trouble. She is part princess but she would still be inferior to hatz today as far as I can tell. And he green april is a b rank weapaon. Bam could ignite the black march and he did not even have a speck of power (though Black march did do that intentionally). Anwyays, if someone with hatz skill can't use this sword then it should not be less than b rank at least which is a huge deal. How the hell did he get his hands on that?
Interestingly it does not seem like the princess was all that concerned. In the end it makes sense that even with such a weapon hatz would be far from guaranteed a victory. If anything even with that he only gets a chance of winning IMO considering his enemy is a princess from the ten families.
So.... the princesses were looking to recruit another princess? They really got the lottery if they got their hands on a princess from the arie family. Seeing someone like that fight would really be a sight to behold. I hope that princess does not fight hatz though. What he has shown so far does not suggest he could take on such a monster IMO. He has no real counter to arie swordsmanship and perhaps he will end up wacking the princess with his sword causing no real damage. I hope hatz eventually develops a counter to arie swordsmanship, I feel like the series should be building for hatz to eventually have such an encounter. It's a shame arie swordsmanship can't be learned.
So kaiser is defeated.... I thought she would have had something else up her sleeve considering everything that has been said about her. And every page that goes by she seems an inch closer to joining bam's harem. Exactly what kaiser needed, to have a guy she has know for a full 20 minutes mansplain her problem to her. Now she will likely remember her name because bam steals it (along with her maiden heart). It's a tad idiotic that kaiser does not remember her name. And it's even more idiotic that bam would even suspect that she does not remember her name. I guess that is why he got to do the mansplaining.
My thoughts on Hatz's weapon? It's A Rank or possibly even S Rank. Just the way it's being portrayed makes me think that it's superior to Green April. Question is, how did he get his hands on such a weapon? It's very suspect, and I think that whoever gave him that blade may have plans to just make the weapon burn him up and then return to weapon to it's rightful owner. One of my theories is that the weapon belongs to one of the Royal Guards, as this weapon is clearly A Ranked, or a weapon worthy of a Ranker.
My thoughts on Hatz's weapon? It's A Rank or possibly even S Rank. Just the way it's being portrayed makes me think that it's superior to Green April. Question is, how did he get his hands on such a weapon? It's very suspect, and I think that whoever gave him that blade may have plans to just make the weapon burn him up and then return to weapon to it's rightful owner. One of my theories is that the weapon belongs to one of the Royal Guards, as this weapon is clearly A Ranked, or a weapon worthy of a Ranker.
I think an S class weapon is out of question here. We have only heard of a few of those and they are owned by ten family heads or high rankers (except the opera in repelista's possession which I assume is s ranked). Early in the story SIU made the point that someone who just entered the tower having a combustion weapon is the equivalent to someone who didn't know how to drive having a ferrari. And that was a low rank combustion weapon (7d rank or something). An s class weapon would be something that in theory would make ferrari look like a flaming bag of poo in comparison. Even high rankers probably rarely see this sort of thing. At the absolute most this should be an A rank weapon and even that would be absolutely incredible. Even the 13th series seem to be A and B rank for the most part... B rank doesn't seem that usual though.
I think an S class weapon is out of question here. We have only heard of a few of those and they are owned by ten family heads or high rankers (except the opera in repelista's possession which I assume is s ranked). Early in the story SIU made the point that someone who just entered the tower having a combustion weapon is the equivalent to someone who didn't know how to drive having a ferrari. And that was a low rank combustion weapon (7d rank or something). An s class weapon would be something that in theory would make ferrari look like a flaming bag of poo in comparison. Even high rankers probably rarely see this sort of thing. At the absolute most this should be an A rank weapon and even that would be absolutely incredible. Even the 13th series seem to be A and B rank for the most part... B rank doesn't seem that usual though.
So that just narrows it down then. It must be A Rank or B Rank at the very least. I'm looking forward to seeing it in action, but I'm afraid the power it will release when ignited will burn him badly. From the "hype" that's building up around it, this weapon is at the level of the 13th Series or higher.
(Here's me still waiting for the day when Yuri will give Baam Black March to use again )
@kkck & @WithYouInSpirit
Keep in mind that the ranking for the weapons are alphanumerical. The Green April is a 7B-rank hook. Well, that was before SIU took down all the information from his blog... :/
And the articles on my blog, since I haven't updated in so long... There are a lot of settings that have changed in the main story so I've turned it private for a time. I am not sure when I'll get to them ㅠㅠ but I hope to fix it up and make it public again.
Interestingly it does not seem like the princess was all that concerned. In the end it makes sense that even with such a weapon hatz would be far from guaranteed a victory. If anything even with that he only gets a chance of winning IMO considering his enemy is a princess from the ten families.
Shilial didn't even see the ignited form, so her not being concerned doesn't give us any indication about the gap between those two. Like most - if not all - Princesses, she has high self-esteem, no more, no less. I think SIU's decision to keep back the full power of the sword indicates a close gap between Shilial and Hatsu more than Shilia's unconcern about a weapon she has never witnessed before indicates a big gap between them.
Repelista is not climbing the tower as far as we know though. She has an exceptional lighthouse but even with that I don't see how she could climb the tower fast enough to be relevant in future events. Even if she climbs fast, catching up to the gang were already climbing very fast and have just skipped a bunch of floors thanks to the hell train seems extremely unlikely at best.
Well, Repellista doesn't need to be a Regular in order to side with the Twin-Princesses, does she? With the Opera, she should be very well capable to get in touch with possibly every Regular currently climbing the Tower.
The only princess who could be big enough to deserve a cliffhanger like this is Yuri, otherwise it'll feel pretty cheap. In this case, I'd rather go for the cheap cliffhanger value, as I don't think Yuri being involved with these two makes any sense in the story so far.
Shilial isn't talking specifically about a Princess though. She only stated to have sided with a girl which is completely different. Anyway, I feel a bit different than you regarding the cliffhanger. Yuri is already present on the current floor for us. It would be a rather boring and strange revelation, if the Twin-Princesses sided with her. In my view, people like Maria or Maschenny would be far more surprising and interesting.
@kkck & @WithYouInSpirit
Keep in mind that the ranking for the weapons are alphanumerical. The Green April is a 7B-rank hook. Well, that was before SIU took down all the information from his blog... :/
And the articles on my blog, since I haven't updated in so long... There are a lot of settings that have changed in the main story so I've turned it private for a time. I am not sure when I'll get to them ㅠㅠ but I hope to fix it up and make it public again.
Shilial didn't even see the ignited form, so her not being concerned doesn't give us any indication about the gap between those two. Like most - if not all - Princesses, she has high self-esteem, no more, no less. I think SIU's decision to keep back the full power of the sword indicates a close gap between Shilial and Hatsu more than Shilia's unconcern about a weapon she has never witnessed before indicates a big gap between them.
Well, Repellista doesn't need to be a Regular in order to side with the Twin-Princesses, does she? With the Opera, she should be very well capable to get in touch with possibly every Regular currently climbing the Tower.
Shilial isn't talking specifically about a Princess though. She only stated to have sided with a girl which is completely different. Anyway, I feel a bit different than you regarding the cliffhanger. Yuri is already present on the current floor for us. It would be a rather boring and strange revelation, if the Twin-Princesses sided with her. In my view, people like Maria or Maschenny would be far more surprising and interesting.
Well, if what we knew about the ranking system was discarded then there is no much to go around. But I would still think that s class weapons in the context of the sort of thing family heads handle should be at best unlikely here.
Well, but its not like we have little reason to think an ignition weapon is a threat to her. Ran was merely the most talented regular in the khun family and he was able to take hits from an ignition weapon from inieta. These are princesses from the 10 families. They are people whose talent was recognized and then were enhanced. The gap the weapon in question would have to make up for is by no means a small deal.
Well, that depends on how skilled repelista is... going by the information we have (unless it was discarded as well) using the opera should already be difficult. I guess she could potentially be useful but I do think her usefulness would be at least severely limited. As far as taking part in combat at least she is far from available.
Isn't one of them a high ranker? I have a hard time seeing a high ranker joining regulars in whatever scheme they are planning. And the other is the princess from aguero's backstory.... It would definitely be a twist worth seeing. Though not as interesting as seeing how this connects to the story. I would think that rachel being the one they selected makes more sense.