- Joined
- May 25, 2016
- Messages
- 1,564
- Reaction score
- 2,181
- Age
- 30
- Country
-
I think Demizu is a good artist, I'm just not a fan of the style.
Well I think you're jumping to some hasty, VERY hasty conclusions there. We have what? 12 chapters and you're already saying things like this? If it's not successful in the long run, they might just shift it over to Young Jump.Do you think so? Have you seen editors playing mind game with series they want to be successful? XD
The authors have to choose a path to this series, really... I don't see a future... What will happen after they finally go out after 684684 chapters? They die? Like, look at that little kids, they have nothing besides their intelligence and it is already not enough since they are barely standing right now. I don't see coherence in the series right now, you know what I mean?
This whole train of thought is flawed. Did people think whats gonna happen to Deku after becoming a hero or Soma if he ever graduate, all this in the very first 14 chapters ? The manga is called The Promised Neverland which could easily be interpolated as the place they call home, its their journey toward finding that Promised Neverland. You just seem like grasping on straws, because we don’t know anything about that universe and saying you see no future when in reality we know nothing about it to begin with is a bit ignorant.Do you think so? Have you seen editors playing mind game with series they want to be successful? XD
The authors have to choose a path to this series, really... I don't see a future... What will happen after they finally go out after 684684 chapters? They die? Like, look at that little kids, they have nothing besides their intelligence and it is already not enough since they are barely standing right now. I don't see coherence in the series right now, you know what I mean?
That sounds like a great idea. I'm down.I just made this, clearly a work in progress but I thought it was worth a try seeing how I'm desperate for a community like this on Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/JumpMag/
This subreddit is clearly not ready yet. I plan to have the moderators be primarily users from this thread (I've already invited two of you through your Reddit accounts) and I'd like for us to have a vibe and level of discussion much more similar to there than on /r/manga.
The goal is to create a community of Redditors and Jump fans who are also well-informed. I plan for us to have weekly chapter discussion on various Shueshia series as well so in a since this is kind of a Shueshia manga subreddit that can be used as a replacement and/or addition to /r/manga.
I guess we could look at this division as something akin to /r/movies and /r/TrueFilm
In this sub we know a lot more about the industry than the casual reader and our discussions and posts will reflect that.
You have just posted the universal reply of MH WSJ ToC thread.Well I think you're jumping to some hasty, VERY hasty conclusions there.
What's wrong with mangahelpers?I just made this, clearly a work in progress but I thought it was worth a try seeing how I'm desperate for a community like this on Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/JumpMag/
This subreddit is clearly not ready yet. I plan to have the moderators be primarily users from this thread (I've already invited two of you through your Reddit accounts) and I'd like for us to have a vibe and level of discussion much more similar to here than on /r/manga.
The goal is to create a community of Redditors and Jump fans who are also well-informed. I plan for us to have weekly chapter discussion on various Shueshia series as well so in a since this is kind of a Shueshia manga subreddit that can be used as a replacement and/or addition to /r/manga.
I guess we could look at this division as something akin to /r/movies and /r/TrueFilm
In this sub we know a lot more about the industry than the casual reader and our discussions and posts will reflect that.
Nothing at all, it's just that Reddit and Mangahelpers are very different sites, and I'd love a more serious manga community on Reddit as well and feel like we're the perfect group people to really start that up.What's wrong with mangahelpers?
Sounds cool. I'll check it outNothing at all, it's just that Reddit and Mangahelpers are very different sites, and I'd love a more serious manga community on Reddit as well and feel like we're the perfect group people to really start that up.
Mangahelpers is never going anywhere, this subreddit is just an extra place for us to discuss, and gives more people the opportunity to become informed and involved in this absorbing hobby.

Yeah! That'd be cool. I'd love for the sub to look more aesthetically pleasing. Do you have a Reddit account? I can make you a mod.Sounds cool. I'll check it out
Btw I can set you up with some sweet CSS to really spruce up the sub if you want.
WithYouInSpirit99Yeah! That'd be cool. I'd love for the sub to look more aesthetically pleasing. Do you have a Reddit account? I can make you a mod.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think this is the 4th time I've seen someone create a Weekly Shonen Jump subreddit they usually end barren in a span of a year. I don't know if you will find the type of community you are hoping for in a place like reddit but you could easily end up with a bigger community there.I just made this, clearly a work in progress but I thought it was worth a try seeing how I'm desperate for a community like this on Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/JumpMag/
This subreddit is clearly not ready yet. I plan to have the moderators be primarily users from this thread (I've already invited two of you through your Reddit accounts) and I'd like for us to have a vibe and level of discussion much more similar to here than on /r/manga.
The goal is to create a community of Redditors and Jump fans who are also well-informed. I plan for us to have weekly chapter discussion on various Shueshia series as well so in a since this is kind of a Shueshia manga subreddit that can be used as a replacement and/or addition to /r/manga.
I guess we could look at this division as something akin to /r/movies and /r/TrueFilm
In this sub we know a lot more about the industry than the casual reader and our discussions and posts will reflect that.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think he's wanting to base the reddit community on the members here on MH. This is my first time even in this section but it's way more active than I would have thoughtI think this is the 4th time I've seen someone create a Weekly Shonen Jump subreddit they usually end barren in a span of a year. I don't know if you will find the type of community you are hoping for in a place like reddit but you could easily end up with a bigger community there.