Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I think Demizu is a good artist, I'm just not a fan of the style.
 

Varus

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
129
Reaction score
57
Country
England
I like Demizu's style she/he will improve with time no worries.
Her/his sketches on twitter always excite more and more for the future beyond the orphanage, makes me wonder if they'll take a more action focused route later on.
 
Last edited:

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Anyone know how well Shaman King sold? I was looking at the rankings in 2002 and it was ranking pretty well (around the middle), and it even ranked first a couple of times even above One Piece. But in 2004 it was consistently bottom ranked, so I'm wondering if the volume sales were good or if it had a Bleach type of situation.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I think Demizu is already a great artist
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
I like Demizu's art, specifically his backgrounds, but his character designs I don't like really. His color pages always impress though.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Do you think so? Have you seen editors playing mind game with series they want to be successful? XD
The authors have to choose a path to this series, really... I don't see a future... What will happen after they finally go out after 684684 chapters? They die? Like, look at that little kids, they have nothing besides their intelligence and it is already not enough since they are barely standing right now. I don't see coherence in the series right now, you know what I mean?
Well I think you're jumping to some hasty, VERY hasty conclusions there. We have what? 12 chapters and you're already saying things like this? If it's not successful in the long run, they might just shift it over to Young Jump.
 

CuriousReborn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2013
Messages
638
Reaction score
990
Gender
Male
Country
Bahrain
Do you think so? Have you seen editors playing mind game with series they want to be successful? XD
The authors have to choose a path to this series, really... I don't see a future... What will happen after they finally go out after 684684 chapters? They die? Like, look at that little kids, they have nothing besides their intelligence and it is already not enough since they are barely standing right now. I don't see coherence in the series right now, you know what I mean?
This whole train of thought is flawed. Did people think whats gonna happen to Deku after becoming a hero or Soma if he ever graduate, all this in the very first 14 chapters ? The manga is called The Promised Neverland which could easily be interpolated as the place they call home, its their journey toward finding that Promised Neverland. You just seem like grasping on straws, because we don’t know anything about that universe and saying you see no future when in reality we know nothing about it to begin with is a bit ignorant.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I just made this, clearly a work in progress but I thought it was worth a try seeing how I'm desperate for a community like this on Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/JumpMag/

This subreddit is clearly not ready yet. I plan to have the moderators be primarily users from this thread (I've already invited two of you through your Reddit accounts) and I'd like for us to have a vibe and level of discussion much more similar to here than on /r/manga.

The goal is to create a community of Redditors and Jump fans who are also well-informed. I plan for us to have weekly chapter discussion on various Shueshia series as well so in a since this is kind of a Shueshia manga subreddit that can be used as a replacement and/or addition to /r/manga.

I guess we could look at this division as something akin to /r/movies and /r/TrueFilm

In this sub we know a lot more about the industry than the casual reader and our discussions and posts will reflect that.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I just made this, clearly a work in progress but I thought it was worth a try seeing how I'm desperate for a community like this on Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/JumpMag/

This subreddit is clearly not ready yet. I plan to have the moderators be primarily users from this thread (I've already invited two of you through your Reddit accounts) and I'd like for us to have a vibe and level of discussion much more similar to there than on /r/manga.

The goal is to create a community of Redditors and Jump fans who are also well-informed. I plan for us to have weekly chapter discussion on various Shueshia series as well so in a since this is kind of a Shueshia manga subreddit that can be used as a replacement and/or addition to /r/manga.

I guess we could look at this division as something akin to /r/movies and /r/TrueFilm

In this sub we know a lot more about the industry than the casual reader and our discussions and posts will reflect that.
That sounds like a great idea. I'm down.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I'll definitely sub
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
I just made this, clearly a work in progress but I thought it was worth a try seeing how I'm desperate for a community like this on Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/JumpMag/

This subreddit is clearly not ready yet. I plan to have the moderators be primarily users from this thread (I've already invited two of you through your Reddit accounts) and I'd like for us to have a vibe and level of discussion much more similar to here than on /r/manga.

The goal is to create a community of Redditors and Jump fans who are also well-informed. I plan for us to have weekly chapter discussion on various Shueshia series as well so in a since this is kind of a Shueshia manga subreddit that can be used as a replacement and/or addition to /r/manga.

I guess we could look at this division as something akin to /r/movies and /r/TrueFilm

In this sub we know a lot more about the industry than the casual reader and our discussions and posts will reflect that.
What's wrong with mangahelpers?
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
What's wrong with mangahelpers?
Nothing at all, it's just that Reddit and Mangahelpers are very different sites, and I'd love a more serious manga community on Reddit as well and feel like we're the perfect group people to really start that up.
Mangahelpers is never going anywhere, this subreddit is just an extra place for us to discuss, and gives more people the opportunity to become informed and involved in this absorbing hobby.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Nothing at all, it's just that Reddit and Mangahelpers are very different sites, and I'd love a more serious manga community on Reddit as well and feel like we're the perfect group people to really start that up.
Mangahelpers is never going anywhere, this subreddit is just an extra place for us to discuss, and gives more people the opportunity to become informed and involved in this absorbing hobby.
Sounds cool. I'll check it out :super
Btw I can set you up with some sweet CSS to really spruce up the sub if you want.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Sounds cool. I'll check it out :super
Btw I can set you up with some sweet CSS to really spruce up the sub if you want.
Yeah! That'd be cool. I'd love for the sub to look more aesthetically pleasing. Do you have a Reddit account? I can make you a mod.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Yeah! That'd be cool. I'd love for the sub to look more aesthetically pleasing. Do you have a Reddit account? I can make you a mod.
WithYouInSpirit99
I can install one of my customized templates for now and I can edit the headers and colours later today :]
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ok so I can't do it on my phone but I'll make sure to do it later
 

Varus

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
129
Reaction score
57
Country
England
I just made this, clearly a work in progress but I thought it was worth a try seeing how I'm desperate for a community like this on Reddit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/JumpMag/

This subreddit is clearly not ready yet. I plan to have the moderators be primarily users from this thread (I've already invited two of you through your Reddit accounts) and I'd like for us to have a vibe and level of discussion much more similar to here than on /r/manga.

The goal is to create a community of Redditors and Jump fans who are also well-informed. I plan for us to have weekly chapter discussion on various Shueshia series as well so in a since this is kind of a Shueshia manga subreddit that can be used as a replacement and/or addition to /r/manga.

I guess we could look at this division as something akin to /r/movies and /r/TrueFilm

In this sub we know a lot more about the industry than the casual reader and our discussions and posts will reflect that.
I think this is the 4th time I've seen someone create a Weekly Shonen Jump subreddit they usually end barren in a span of a year. I don't know if you will find the type of community you are hoping for in a place like reddit but you could easily end up with a bigger community there.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
But for reference here's a sub I run that uses the theme I'm going to install.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SuzuChat/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think this is the 4th time I've seen someone create a Weekly Shonen Jump subreddit they usually end barren in a span of a year. I don't know if you will find the type of community you are hoping for in a place like reddit but you could easily end up with a bigger community there.
I think he's wanting to base the reddit community on the members here on MH. This is my first time even in this section but it's way more active than I would have thought
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
It would make a change from having to go to r/manga. I'm not very eager to keep discussing WSJ or the industry in general over there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top