- Joined
- Oct 30, 2016
- Messages
- 1,463
- Reaction score
- 1,527
- Country
-
I don't hate or outright dislike Black Clover, I only really think of it as an "okay" series that is sort of just there. That's why I would prefer it if it ended rather soon, so that another, possibly better, series could replace it. I still read it faithfully every week, but I wouldn't really miss it or be disappointed if it ended like many other series I'm reading. Its just that in the 90ish chapters that it's been alive, nothing really outstanding has happened. One Piece had the Arlong Park and the Loguetown arcs, Naruto had the Zabuza Arc and Chuunin Exams, and Hero Academia had the Villain Invasion and Tournament Arcs. In my opinion, Black a lover doesn't really deserve to be more popular than it is now.
If I had to say something good about Black Clover, I'd say its art is very nice, with excellent backgrounds. The art style is definitely unique, but I don't like that everyone only has 2-3 different facial expressions, especially Aster. He has his yelling face, sparkly eyes, and normal expression.
Also, I understand quite well that others have differing opinions about series, especially shounen series. However, this is a WSJ discussion thread, meaning I am allowed to voice my opinion, just like you're allowed to voice your own. Just accept that the manga you like can be disliked by other people. :^)
If I had to say something good about Black Clover, I'd say its art is very nice, with excellent backgrounds. The art style is definitely unique, but I don't like that everyone only has 2-3 different facial expressions, especially Aster. He has his yelling face, sparkly eyes, and normal expression.
The thing is, it's rankings might very well be just persistent editorial pushing like they did with Toriko (although to a greater extent), and most people here realize this, or at least should.It doesn't matter if you don't like it. It gained a lot of first positions on TOC even not selling that good. Just accept that manga you don't like can be well accepted by (the majority of) other people.
Also, I understand quite well that others have differing opinions about series, especially shounen series. However, this is a WSJ discussion thread, meaning I am allowed to voice my opinion, just like you're allowed to voice your own. Just accept that the manga you like can be disliked by other people. :^)

