Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Souma will jump right back up to the top as soon as there's more Erina stuff

...though it'll drop right back down again afterwards when it returns to the central garbage.
So....186.

Which will be next week, right in time for thanksgiving!
 

Varus

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
129
Reaction score
57
Country
England
Is Straighten Up safe now? They're actually giving it decent rankings for the first time in ages.
I do not read the manga but I believe someone here once mentioned that it is heading to it's conclusion soon.
Gintama and Red Sprite are ending so it might have a chance
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Viz just needs to add some of the series that are clearly doing well.
Add Kimetsu. If Amalgam places well, definitely add it. Hell, add Samon.
I think they'll definitely add Demon's Plan, but let's see how that goes in the magazine.
 

justsomeguy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
43
Reaction score
14
Country
The Wall
Is Straighten Up safe now? They're actually giving it decent rankings for the first time in ages.
What do you mean? It's in the bottom. And has been there in 15 of the last 16 chapters, so I wouldn't say it's safe at all. At this rate, it will be axed alongside Red Sprite.

It's just the third bottom for Yuragi-sou since it began ranking (first chapter was one of 'em).
 

Azure Warrior

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
367
Reaction score
315
Age
32
Country
United States
sorry I know this off topic, and I know we talked about this clown a million times before but this is way too hilarious for me not to share

Forneverworld did it again folks, he outdid himself

"Today I'm gonna talk to you about a series no one ever talk about "
"You probably never heard of"
"the most underrated anime EVER!!!!"
.......bla bla bla after all of the hipsters' talk, did you know what was he talking about?

YU YU MOTHERF***ING HAKUSHO :facepalm
Tfw Forever proves his "intelligence" just by calling Yu Yu Hakusho underrated.

 

Akia999

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,095
Reaction score
905
Gender
Hidden
Country
Malaysia
Rank is for 185, where the most interesting thing was Rindo at the end of the chapter.

But yeah, this fight was a complete bomb for the author.
Initially, I thought the rank will pick up once the match commence...guess not. I personally like the chapter as the match finally started & alice's dad was kinda fun. I don't want to imagine how bad the "& the winner is...cliffhanger" chapter will do.

The japanese readers either hated the idea of the rematch or are the whole match just bores them. Hayama is a popular character (top 10) yet he's doing even worse than fodder #1. A rematch with a main rival shouldn't ranked that badly.

At this rate, Soma vs Hayama will be the worst ranked match for this arc. Soma vs Tsukasa was the only one that didn't end up in the bottom 5 rank. Lol

What's more baffling is the author decision to dragged out the winner of the match...He clearly knows is doing badly.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
If World Trigger have a long hiatus it will loose most of it's small fanbase. 2017 will be a bad year for it.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Heroaca has been nominated for the Sugoi Japan 2017 award

http://sugoi-japan.jp/nominees/manga.html

Thats also the first time I've seen Heroaca been placed that low.
Well, if what the post below says is true, then MHA is still in top 5. But I guess the editors want to give Amalgam a break and push it a little. We'll see in the next two weeks to see MHA's reception, but I think it makes sense too since the current arc is probably the weakest since the introduction chapters.

Wouldn't it still be top 5? I had thought Amalgam's only on ch 7. Either way Amalgam been placed pretty high the past few weeks compared to most unranked series, I'm guessing that means it's got decent reception.

Hopefully Jump picks it up, I wasn't particularly impressed with the jump start run but even so I don't want them to miss out on another success after picking up two total failures (especially now that Toriko is done and World Trigger is going on hiatus).
Which issue did Amalgam start again?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
That's not surprising for fornever world. He's the same guy who correlated his comedy interest from One Punch Man to Gintama.

He usually dick rides any series he starts watching too (whether it'd be Gintama/jojo/etc) and definitely expect an "OMFG" in the title.
Apparently, he started watching Gintama at the infamous 'Shogun Assassination' arc. I guess he heard shit was going down. I understand that he prefers action, but starting that far in with barely any knowledge? What would you get from that?
Which issue did Amalgam start again?
It started in issue 45.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, if what the post below says is true, then MHA is still in top 5. But I guess the editors want to give Amalgam a break and push it a little. We'll see in the next two weeks to see MHA's reception, but I think it makes sense too since the current arc is probably the weakest since the introduction chapters.
Uh...it was ranked first in the last issue covering the same arc.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Well, then I guess Amalgam's getting some editorial push and MHA's rank is still in top 5.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, then I guess Amalgam's getting some editorial push and MHA's rank is still in top 5.
The chapter being ranked was 109 which was a transitional chapter, nothing bad but pretty uneventful. Anyways this isn't the first time its ranked 5th.
 

Ihore

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
2,280
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
Oricon sales
487301 2118960 One Piece
156595 *360420 Hero
142506 *390645 Bleach
131854 *294023 Shokugeki
*75289 *185994 Gintama
*16391 **770790 Hakyuu
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, if what the post below says is true, then MHA is still in top 5. But I guess the editors want to give Amalgam a break and push it a little. We'll see in the next two weeks to see MHA's reception, but I think it makes sense too since the current arc is probably the weakest since the introduction chapters.



Which issue did Amalgam start again?
The arc is actually pretty good from a writing stand point. I enjoy the characterization of the side characters because it was something I was waiting for for the longest. And the more Shouto development the better
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
The arc is actually pretty good from a writing stand point. I enjoy the characterization of the side characters because it was something I was waiting for for the longest. And the more Shouto development the better
This last arc needed to happen.
He needed to allow the students to receive their permits, because they continued to fight villains arc after arc, the whole plot point of "people without a license can't act in in disasters and fight villains" would continue to come up. And if they weren't punished everytime that they faught a villain than the hole plot point would have became useless
 

chrisbj

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2015
Messages
191
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oricon sales
487301 2118960 One Piece
156595 *360420 Hero
142506 *390645 Bleach
131854 *294023 Shokugeki
*75289 *185994 Gintama
*16391 **770790 Hakyuu
Soma is in a decline.......
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
323,387 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.20 (released September 2nd to September 11) - 10 days
294,023 Shokugeki Vol 21 ( released Nov 4th to November 13th (this week ranking) - 10 days

The lowest recent volume is 387,481 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.19
 

senjuclan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2014
Messages
104
Reaction score
47
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
souma droping out boot sales and ranking
manga is in danger .
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Manga sales are declining too? Didn't I call a decline earlier? The rankings have been bad for a while and it may get worse with Toriko out of the way.

They better not rush Shokugeki
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top