I keep asking but does anyone have merchandise figures for SnS? I want to see a year by year comparison.
Season 3 is looking unlikely
Anime sales have always been pretty bad for SnS. Vol. 1 comparisons
Shokugeki no Souma S1 Vol. 1 => 2479 copies
Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Vol. 2 => 858 copies
I enjoyed season 1 a lot and it was a really good adaptation. Season 2 just never did it for me despite it covering one of my fav. arcs in the series. It was handled so poorly.
That sucks, World Trigger's anime might also never return.
I am hoping Kimetsu no Yaiba, Clover, and Ghost Tits get an anime... and maybe Neverland.
WT anime could return. It is Toei after all so it won't be a problem for them to pump out more episodes. I'm not that knowledgeable of how the WT anime did success wise.
I'm assuming it did well since it got more episodes than the initial expectation.
Ugh, can't do a clean side by side.
Mathematically, 19 sold 39,302 average during the first 7 days (by day 3 it would've sold 117,907). 21's first 3 days were 162,169.
The second ranking % differences for 19 and 21 are the same.
So 19 and 21 seem to be in the same ballpark while 20 was an increase.
Overall with all the volumes past the first season bump, it's still steady.
Sales per day is a weak way of comparing volumes sales. It doesn't factor in that series lose their steam after a couple of days or in a week or two.
Your best bet is stack the monthly volume sales together and see how they do. Either way, it looks like to be a decline.