Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Ole Golazo looks freaking awesome afte R looking at scans
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Been reading KnY and it has so many little timeskips.

I wonder if it's going to survive for the upcoming year? Or are the small time skips (1 week+) only in the first few chapters? I'm only on chapter 9.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Well some of you guys called it. Fornever made the Gintama video
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Been reading KnY and it has so many little timeskips.

I wonder if it's going to survive for the upcoming year? Or are the small time skips (1 week+) only in the first few chapters? I'm only on chapter 9.
The timeskips are only in the first few chapters. Just stick with it, it gets better once more of the characters are introduced
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Seikimatsu Leader Den Takeshi's first chapter was amazing! It really gave a strong first impression.

1st chapter is out on batoto. Check it out you guys. Don't expect the entire manga to get translated.
 
Last edited:

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The most recent Neverland chapter basically sums up what I mean about the series

the only thing that was worthwhile about it was learning about the Morse code on the books. There could possibly be outside help for these lids. The rest of the chapter was just Don and Gilda basically relearning what we have already learned these 17 chapters. Really pointless. I just want the pacing to go a little faster because these extra details aren't needed
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I liked Ole Golazo, usually the mc would have some sort of motivation to participate in the sport of the series, but in this case I guess the mc was just looking for a sport to do. Kinda meh in that aspect but the mc looks to be enjoyable and im glad he wasnt some weak looking guy with some hidden talent (though I love Ippo) so its a little refreshing in that aspect. I liked Demons Plan more though and I hope both series survive.
 

Jaja

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 9, 2016
Messages
26
Reaction score
15
Age
31
Country
Brazil
New mystery of the universe: people keeps complain about Promised Neverland since chapter 2... and keeps reading it. What sorcery is that?

Anyway, chapter 17 was incredible!
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
New mystery of the universe: people keeps complain about Promised Neverland since chapter 2... and keeps reading it. What sorcery is that?

Anyway, chapter 17 was incredible!
Not really a mystery. People can have complaints about something but still read it lol
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Really liked chapter 1 of Ole Golazo. Better than Demon's Plan for me
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Not really a mystery. People can have complaints about something but still read it lol
That's true. I saw many people complaining about Nisekoi for 229 chapters and still read it through the end. XD
It is better and healthier when you have complaints, it shows that you are paying attention to the story and thinking while reading. There isn't a perfect manga out there and if you don't have complaints about one, no matter the size of the complaint, something is wrong.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Ore Golazo was a bit different. Interesting but not amazing first chapter. It has me for now.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Slam Dunk like
 

Jaja

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 9, 2016
Messages
26
Reaction score
15
Age
31
Country
Brazil
That's true. I saw many people complaining about Nisekoi for 229 chapters and still read it through the end. XD
It is better and healthier when you have complaints, it shows that you are paying attention to the story and thinking while reading. There isn't a perfect manga out there and if you don't have complaints about one, no matter the size of the complaint, something is wrong.
Oh, it's not like I think PN is perfect, but I trully believe it's more healthier see the good things instead of bad things - the pace, for exemple, I think is a good thing on the series. Neither fast or slow

And besides, internet it's already full of negativism
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not hating on Neverland, it's one of the better newer series I've read but that's just probably my only complaint is this slow pacing
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm not hating on Neverland, it's one of the better newer series I've read but that's just probably my only complaint is this slow pacing
I somewhat feel the same, but mainly because I'm anxious to find out what happens next. Not necessarily because I think it's bad.
Honestly I think the series will work really well being read in volumes, rather than one chapter a week.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
What about the number of covers, cps, first and last places of the year and all that shit?

My biggest problem with Neverland is the infodumping. Sometimes it's like reading a databook.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top