Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Great start for Ole Golazo!

Solid art and amazing panelling. I really hope it survives.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Oh, it's not like I think PN is perfect, but I trully believe it's more healthier see the good things instead of bad things - the pace, for exemple, I think is a good thing on the series. Neither fast or slow

And besides, internet it's already full of negativism
Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but my vision of this forum is a place where we can make discussions and analysis about the mangas, be it compliments or criticism. Did it become a place where the fandom just worship their favorites series? XD
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but my vision of this forum is a place where we can make discussions and analysis about the mangas, be it compliments or criticism. Did it become a place where the fandom just worship their favorites series? XD
I always assumed the point was to overanalyze tables of contents.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
That's true. I saw many people complaining about Nisekoi for 229 chapters and still read it through the end. XD
It is better and healthier when you have complaints, it shows that you are paying attention to the story and thinking while reading. There isn't a perfect manga out there and if you don't have complaints about one, no matter the size of the complaint, something is wrong.
Nope, just Double Arts salty fans, or shippers complain about it.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I always assumed the point was to overanalyze tables of contents.
This is the reason of this thread, I'm talking about the entire forum. XP
I'm in search for my new favorite manga that will make me worry about the TOC again after Nisekoi ended...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Nope, just Double Arts salty fans, or shippers.
I didn't understand. Can you rephrase it? :cookiehand
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
This is the reason of this thread, I'm talking about the entire forum. XP
I'm in search for my new favorite manga that will make me worry about the TOC again after Nisekoi ended...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I didn't understand. Can you rephrase it? :cookiehand
I mean the only group of people I see complaining about Nisekoi for 229 chapters are Double Arts fans, or shippers.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Yes, let us generalize the audience and handwave any actual concerns about the series. After all, nobody could be sad and worried to see Komi Naoshi slowly die as a manga artist.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,295
Reaction score
7,328
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I always saw an interesting mix of complainers for Nisekoi, half of them were in it for the main plot/literal key drama and would complain whenever it was doing comedy slice of life stuff while the other half were in it for the comedy harem side and complained whenever it went into serious mode.
 

Varus

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
129
Reaction score
57
Country
England
I liked the main character a lot but Ole Golazo's first chapter was lacklustre for me, it felt too fast like Moue was trying to jam everything together. I know I will enjoy this manga I'm just praying Japan finds it interesting. A thing that I really loved was that the club manager was a Martian.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I saw me yelling "golaço!" (that's how it's written in Portuguese) in the last scene, which is a good signal. The manga seemed to me a true sports manga like Haikyuu, so I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Haikyuu got my interest when the series quoted Brazil men volleyball coach (the best coach of volleyball history btw) and soccer is just the right opportunity to cite some Brazil legends. Pelé was mentioned, which was good. You know, Brazil is not mentioned in mangas that much, inflate your ego some times is not bad. XD
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
The action panels in Golazo really has me hype for what games could possibly look like
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I usually always dislike sports series, but something about Ole Golazo stood out for me. I'm definitely anticipating more.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Yes, let us generalize the audience and handwave any actual concerns about the series. After all, nobody could be sad and worried to see Komi Naoshi slowly die as a manga artist.
Pretty much. Dunno if anyone's read the epilogue with the future kids, but Komi notes in his afterword he didn't even want to do rom-com. For someone who was forced into it, it's a pretty decent manga in the end. I'm just hoping they'll give him a chance for another battle manga. It'll be far better than BC for sure.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It'll be far better than BC for sure.
:( the sad reality. This current Black Clover arc has to be the worst arc so far. Almost convinced Tabata cant write an arc to save his life
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Pretty much. Dunno if anyone's read the epilogue with the future kids, but Komi notes in his afterword he didn't even want to do rom-com. For someone who was forced into it, it's a pretty decent manga in the end. I'm just hoping they'll give him a chance for another battle manga. It'll be far better than BC for sure.
He never said such a thing. He said that he took the challenge of writing a genre he was not accustomed with and was able to continue until the end. That's what he said.
Double Arts was pretty much romance as well, not battle shounen.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Can anybody link ore golaço first chapter?
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I didn't have much issues with Nisekoi or its ending, it wasn't like super amazing but wasn't bad at all. It was just like .... the end lol. It was a harem so it was good enough for a harem ending. It really was the shippers who complained about it the most. If I had to point a flaw it had to be the filler episode-like chapters, which I get cause it was supposed to make it seem like 3 years of high school go by but it had to be like 100 chapters or so that literally nothing to do with the main plot. Tsugumi was the best girl too

After I'm fully caught up with Neverland I'll check out Demon's Plan off the strength of y'all saying it's interesting.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
:( the sad reality. This current Black Clover arc has to be the worst arc so far. Almost convinced Tabata cant write an arc to save his life
Really? All of the arcs prior to the castle town invasion were practically unreadable.
Clover is still not anywhere close to good, but Tabata has at least found his footing.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Really? All of the arcs prior to the castle town invasion were practically unreadable.
Clover is still not anywhere close to good, but Tabata has at least found his footing.
I don't see a footing after these past 3 arcs. They're basically just invasions with poorly written villians
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
I didn't have much issues with Nisekoi or its ending, it wasn't like super amazing but wasn't bad at all. It was just like .... the end lol. It was a harem so it was good enough for a harem ending. It really was the shippers who complained about it the most. If I had to point a flaw it had to be the filler episode-like chapters, which I get cause it was supposed to make it seem like 3 years of high school go by but it had to be like 100 chapters or so that literally nothing to do with the main plot. Tsugumi was the best girl too

After I'm fully caught up with Neverland I'll check out Demon's Plan off the strength of y'all saying it's interesting.
I enjoyed the slice of life filler-like chapters a lot more than the "main plot"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top