- Joined
- Aug 30, 2015
- Messages
- 2,721
- Reaction score
- 2,814
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I'm like 99% sure Haikyuu's author gender isn't publicly announce yet.
Explain it for me then because I think I lost something. XDAss Class is a weird choice for an unpredictable success, it's pretty obvious why it done as well as it did even just from ch 1 alone.
I didn't read it when it first came out.Explain it for me then because I think I lost something. XD
We're talking about 1 MILLION per volume.
Interesting premise and fun and color character designs we can cut out because it is almost pre requisite to even be serialized in the first place.I didn't read it when it first came out.
But
Interesting premise
Fun and color character designs
Very episodic in the early chapters
While I find it shocking that it became MASSIVE, I don't find it so shocking that it was successful
Eeeh i disagree. I think character design is very important in something becoming a success. Not a jump series, but I think Half the reason Soul Eater was huge was because of the unique art direction and hip character designs.Interesting premise and fun and color character designs we can cut out because it is almost pre requisite to even be serialized in the first place.
Be episodic is not something required to be successful although it is good to be careful to not make big arcs at the beginning.
I think it would be a success for 300k at max, but 1 million? We can count in two hands the number of series that had sold that much per volume and they are all legends.
It appeals to both male,female and kids (8-10). It sounds simple, but it is really hard to please both genders and demographic. Not in manga, but in any type of media.Interesting premise and fun and color character designs we can cut out because it is almost pre requisite to even be serialized in the first place.
Be episodic is not something required to be successful although it is good to be careful to not make big arcs at the beginning.
I think it would be a success for 300k at max, but 1 million? We can count in two hands the number of series that had sold that much per volume and they are all legends.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Shokugeki no Soma, for sure.What is everyone's favourite ongoing series in WSJ anyway? Mine is My Hero Academia.
Definitely MHAWhat is everyone's favourite ongoing series in WSJ anyway? Mine is My Hero Academia.
Stuck between MHA and SamonWhat is everyone's favourite ongoing series in WSJ anyway? Mine is My Hero Academia.