- Joined
- Jan 20, 2006
- Messages
- 4,341
- Reaction score
- 4,226
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Janko getting ice powers is definitely a cool thing. But I am kinda sad we never got to see what Godspeed truly is.
I'm feeling reminded of the early chapters.So... does that imply that more than one possible latent special ability is present in a character (after the development of one, I mean - of course there's multiple possibilities, sometimes depending on willpower)? The fact that "Godspeed" and "Explosion" are of different nature even though Jericho and Guila ingested the very same demon blood means that it's not exactly the demon blood alone that grants them the power - it seems to be some sort of catalyst to one's underdeveloped magic and strength power output. This could explain why Gloxinia and Dolor don't appear to have gained much of an increase in power after turning into demons.
Who knows, it could prove to be important in the future.
I'm aware of that.I'm feeling reminded of the early chapters.
![]()
The demon's blood likely only is the catalyst to provide someone with little or no magical power with a magic source. The magic power that awakens is largely dependend on personal affinity as well as the state one's heart is in at the time of awakening. This is actually supported by several events throughout the manga, I always like to cite Hendricksen's case. He hated his guard duty and watching over the deceased and rotting bodies so he awoke a power of decomposition that would allow him to speed up the process and be freed from his ordeal quicker.
When Jericho awakened Godspeed she wanted power and she wanted it quickly. She was desperate to get her revenge on Ban and also to show her brother that she was capable. So she literally developed a speed-related power. She lost her powers, now she naturally regained them because her heart and mind is occupied with the tragic loss of her brother.
It sounds whimsical and random as hell but it actually makes sense. In the same line it could be assumed that Estarossa gained Full Counter because of his great life-defining admiration of his older brother, which I have suspected earlier. Another case could be Griamore and Dreyfus; they stand at opposing ends but both powers come from the desire to protect and they both kinda work on similar mechanics in that they are largely influenced by the persons will and concentration.

A little sensitive, are we?I'm aware of that.
I was implying that it's surprising how an awakened magical power like Jericho's (notwithstanding the methods) can vanish and be replaced by another, meaning that an underdeveloped character may be able to undergo a change as far as special abilities are concerned.
What are you trying to say?A little sensitive, are we?

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I mentioned that in my post - one's magic is a result of the combination of a plethora of traits, and therefore the resultant magic can vary, but it was not what I was trying to point out.There is not an unique magic, waiting to be awakened, at least for most races.
It's kinda a bit like genetics? The base structure is like a mold for specialised cells to form from; maybe a power works similar. Theoretically any imaginable power can awaken, at least within certain boundries, but it is largely the circumstances and the timing which determine what you eventually get.I think it confirms that as long as you have not awakened your power, there are several possibilities depending on your mind/personality.
There is not an unique magic, waiting to be awakened, at least for most races.
Or maybe the magic someone get thanks to Demon blood is the magic it would have developed as a Demon. And Jericho's Ice magic is her own Human magic.
I was not really trying to answer to your post. Though I don't know what you were trying to point out.What are you trying to say?
I mentioned that in my post - one's magic is a result of the combination of a plethora of traits, and therefore the resultant magic can vary, but it was not what I was trying to point out.--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
That a power can be replaced if the previous one is seemingly obtained through rushed and manipulated thoughts, as were Jericho's when she wanted to be stronger. Normally, a power which is awakened should stay forever, but Jericho's did not. Sure, it was awakened by a demonic influence, but it was still a power which emerged from her inner self, so it appeared as a result of her mindset as well.I was not really trying to answer to your post. Though I don't know what you were trying to point out.
Yes but it only happened because she had nothing originally. So far the Reactor method is the only way to empower someone that way. Guila, who was the same as her friend, would have normally lost Explosion without Gowther's brainwashing. If someone is compatible with Demon blood and awakened a Magic before ingesting it, it will stay.That a power can be replaced if the previous one is seemingly obtained through rushed and manipulated thoughts, as were Jericho's when she wanted to be stronger. Normally, a power which is awakened should stay forever, but Jericho's did not. Sure, it was awakened by a demonic influence, but it was still a power which emerged from her inner self, so it appeared as a result of her mindset as well.
Like I said, it only occurs in "underdeveloped" knights or individuals, but it is odd that a special ability which is awakened with a catalyst does not remain. I'm not referring to having the original power replaced with the demonic blood catalyst (that is obvious, since Dolor and Gloxinia's innate powers were not affected), I'm implying the exact opposite - the latter can be replaced with the former, although both are "innate". There's apparently a secondary latent power which surfaces later in such cases.Yes but it only happened because she had nothing originally. So far the Reactor method is the only way to empower someone that way. Guila, who was the same as her friend, would have normally lost Explosion without Gowther's brainwashing. If someone is compatible with Demon blood and awakened a Magic before ingesting it, it will stay.
@Bold - exactly, but if it were precisely so, both Jericho and Guila should've received something which develops as a result of the demon blood's influence in case they had no magic or potential to begin with, but the fact that their magics differed implies that it had to do with their mindset and personality traits, which yield permanent powers. And besides, Jericho had a 40 magic stat, so there was always some potential there; it was never reset to zero.If her magic potential was reset to 0, then that would mean that, once again, it's open to internal and external influences, which is what lead to her awakening Ice Magic. I imagine if she wanted to, she could have gained Godspeed again if she worked towards it, but due to the changes in her life, she got something else.
Her not keeping Godspeed is probably attributed with the fact that she started out with no magic at all and her demon blood basically supplemented something that wasn't there to begin with. If she had an ounce of magic before she gained the demon blood, I imagine she would have kept Godspeed if that was the magic she'd developed before ingesting the blood.
Jericho just happened to have the right circumstances to develop two different types of magic in her life time. The same will most likely happen to the other Reactors who were saved by Ban and King during the Liones Invasion arc.
That's what we were saying.Like I said, it only occurs in "underdeveloped" knights or individuals, but it is odd that a special ability which is awakened with a catalyst does not remain. I'm not referring to having the original power replaced with the demonic blood catalyst (that is obvious, since Dolor and Gloxinia's innate powers were not affected), I'm implying the exact opposite - the latter can be replaced with the former, although both are "innate". There's apparently a secondary latent power which surfaces later in such cases.
What I'm trying to say is that even though the demon blood acted as a catalyst, removing it should normally have no effect on the magic power, since that occurs due to a person's mindset; however, in our case, it clearly did, which is odd - this means that some innate powers are reversible. You mentioned that Jericho's current power might be her "human power", but that's the point - you're supposed to have only one power which remains after awakening (removing the catalyst after the reaction is complete should not affect the ability in any way), so the most logical solution would have been to keep Jericho's Godspeed, which did not happen.
We had thought that awakened abilities are set in stone, but this does not seem to be the case.
Ones which have not awakened their magic yet.That's what we were saying.
I am not sure what you mean by underdeveloped. Rather than saying there is a second latent power, I think it's better to say it's random depending on race and potential.
B-but Gowther was said to have vanished just before the Holy War.