Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayrael

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2010
Messages
305
Reaction score
159
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
My point isn't necessarily to have it there for the next 7 years. But for things that have a decent fanbase, but aren't quite big enough for Jump, maybe give it a year or 2 in Jump+ to give a good enough run to satisfy the artist and fans.

Give it gradual cancellation rather than an abrupt cancellation. Maybe there's reasons why they don't do this though
When they feel like a series deserves it, Shueisha sometimes "ends" a series but puts the actual final chapters in another magazine. However, it is never too many chapters (though the number of pages can be high), only enough to make the ending feel a little bit less abrupt. So all in all, they don't want to go too far with this idea. And though full transfers can happen, they often have special reasons.

As some here said, Shueisha seems to prefer their authors to try their luck with new works, rather than have them stuck in their old works. And it's not like those other magazines need this charity: there are enough other authors that can fill up their pages.
 
Last edited:

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
In a way, I hope Yuragi goes the route of a long runner anime cause I think its potential can be that good, but it'll probably be demanding next year. I'd wait 3 years, not a big deal
Every romcom in Jump has gotten a 20-26 episode anime at most for the first season, so a long-runner is very unlikely unless it goes full action/adventure. Multiple OVAs for it though is very likely.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, any chance we see an END behind Amalgam once we see the ToC for this week? :P
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,332
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I wonder how long Yuragi will last for, Nisekoi has the longest WSJ run of any romcom by quite a bit (I don't think anything else even went past ch 170).
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Yuragi is not a romcom.

Ichigo 100% ran for 167 chapters, with only 12 episodes + 1 special and OVA

I's has 8 OVAs.

Ane Doki was cancelled

Stop!! Hibari-kun! ran for 4 volumes with 35 episodes

Kimagure Orange Road ran for 18 volumes with 50+ episodes

Original To Love Ru ran for 18 volumes with 24 episodes. Then TLR Darkness become one of the top seller for Jump SQ with another 24 episodes and multiple OVAs

Mx0 was cancelled, the mirror manga was cancelled.

------------------------

Yuragi most likely will get 12 episodes, with adaption by XEBEC (hopefully). I also hope that Yuragi will not turn into another Mahou Sensei Negima (ecchi/SOL to action/adventure).
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Every romcom in Jump has gotten a 20-26 episode anime at most for the first season, so a long-runner is very unlikely unless it goes full action/adventure. Multiple OVAs for it though is very likely.
20+ episode season sounds not bad but it's true on the future of the story. The Dragon God arc, even though it was mainly comedy, showed some type of setting/plot towards building if villains or enemy groups would become more Incorporated in the story, adding more action/adventure elements. I would want that easily, maybe even a 50 episode series like Soul Eater was and hiatus or series over from there.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
20+ episode season sounds not bad but it's true on the future of the story. The Dragon God arc, even though it was mainly comedy, showed some type of setting/plot towards building if villains or enemy groups would become more Incorporated in the story, adding more action/adventure elements. I would want that easily, maybe even a 50 episode series like Soul Eater was and hiatus or series over from there.
I think it already established that nobody can defeat Kogarashi, except for his own sickness.

The dragon God, the test of courage arc, the Hibari arc, yaya's arc. If Miura goes with action/adventure route, then it will become another One Punch Man, with boobies.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,332
Age
33
Country
Scotland
The first of the Kochikame creator's 4 new manga just started in Grand Jump in case anyone hasn't seen yet (called Black Tiger), It's about bounty hunters after the american civil war and I'm guessing it's rather fanservicey going by the topless woman on the cover. Doesn't seem to have anything about how long it'll be though.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ches-black-tiger-post-civil-war-manga/.110149

I'd be surprised if it got any translations but I'll probably check out the raw if I can find it.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I think it already established that nobody can defeat Kogarashi, except for his own sickness.

The dragon God, the test of courage arc, the Hibari arc, yaya's arc. If Miura goes with action/adventure route, then it will become another One Punch Man, with boobies.
I see no issue with this :verily

Just kidding, lack of originality could haunt this series. Don't know much of the author but adding action/adventure could prologue the series to greater heights and not just have "plot" in every page with no plot (even if the story is good in my view)
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Yuragi is not a romcom.
Yuragi most likely will get 12 episodes, with adaption by XEBEC (hopefully). I also hope that Yuragi will not turn into another Mahou Sensei Negima (ecchi/SOL to action/adventure).
I said the romcom part since Jump advertised Yuragi as a "Hot Springs x Ghost Romantic Comedy" before.

It's possible for it to get a 2-cour, since most new Jump anime get that for their first season. 1-cour is also certainly possible if they want to announce a 2nd season right after S1.
If Xebec does do it, I hope the animation or art doesn't lose quality much. Also hoping Hiraku Kaneko doesn't lay his hands on it as well.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I said the romcom part since Jump advertised Yuragi as a "Hot Springs x Ghost Romantic Comedy" before.

It's possible for it to get a 2-cour, since most new Jump anime get that for their first season. 1-cour is also certainly possible if they want to announce a 2nd season right after S1.
If Xebec does do it, I hope the animation or art doesn't lose quality much. Also hoping Hiraku Kaneko doesn't lay his hands on it as well.
I don't think Jump want to advertised it as as a "Hot Spring x Ghost Erotic Comedy", the Romantic Comedy is more light. :teehee This is a magazine that targets young boys.

Art style one, JC Staff is also good. They did a good job capturing Shokugeki no Souma, and (Prison School and Monster Musume)
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Do yall think Ole Golazo or Demon's Plan will survive? Or Both? Throw whether you like the manga or not out the window
No.
I do think that both mangaka will have success with their second series though.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I wonder how long Yuragi will last for, Nisekoi has the longest WSJ run of any romcom by quite a bit (I don't think anything else even went past ch 170).
Runs for 300 chapters as a romcom before beginning to dip in the rankings and sales. Becomes a battle manga, and the anime is rebrandedand the rankings raise and runs for another 500 chapters.
Imagine the butthurt.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think it already established that nobody can defeat Kogarashi, except for his own sickness.

The dragon God, the test of courage arc, the Hibari arc, yaya's arc. If Miura goes with action/adventure route, then it will become another One Punch Man, with boobies.
It just requires the author forcing a handicap on Kogarishi, or only using him as a last resort and using the girls as the main fighters.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
It just requires the author forcing a handicap on Kogarishi, or only using him as a last resort and using the girls as the main fighters.
Like I said, One Punch Man 2.0

Same thing, all the S-rank heroes are just complete joke before Saitama shows up (see Boros arc).

For now, I don't see anything wrong with it going SOL stuff. The MC is describe as jack of all trade, then author can do a lots of thing with him

one chapter of basketball,volleyball, soccer, SOL school life stuff
some detective exorcist work
Yuuna's past
expand on other girls story line
back to SOL
Yuuna's past
Kogarashi's past


I can see this running for 15~20 volumes, without going to the action/adventure route. But then again, only time will tell.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
4・5号

ヒロアカ
ワンピ
ブラクロ
ネバラン
火ノ丸
銀魂  ※Cカラー
ハイキュー
デモプラ
Canvas ※特別読切Cカラー
鬼滅
ゴラッソ
リコピン ※特別読切Cカラー
ボルト ※Cカラー
ソーマ
ダンス
はるよ、こい! ※短期特別2話掲載第1話
斉木
ゆらぎ
左門
アマルガム
青春
磯兵衛

6号
巻頭:ワンピ
Cカラー:ダンス、火ノ丸、斉木
増ページ:鬼滅、ネバラン、アマルガム
読切1本:はるよこい(第2話)

金未来杯優勝:田中誠司
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top