Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
I just can say using Twitter as a source, but Black Clover has A LOT of women fans, really a lot.
I have searched for ブラッククローバー and ブラクロ on Twitter since the begin of the series, and what I can see in most it's posts and photos from female public.

*They have a hard crush on Yuno, Fuegoreon, Asta and Nozeru hahaha
I'm one of Nozel X Fuegoleon victims :teehee , hopefully that stupid Tabata gives them more screen time .
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Anyone watch the first EldLive yet?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This will prove definitely that we are all EXPERT critics.
I can feel the irony... Whose side are you in?! XD
People have difficulty admitting that although manga review is not an exact science, there are things that remain true and can be used to put one manga above another. However, people choose the easy way "it is everything a matter of taste, don't judge me!". :derp
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Anyone watch the first EldLive yet?
The only part i liked about this episode is KHR reference, everything else was just ok. I checked out the manga and it isn't really that interesting at all. How successful is the manga is in Japan to get an anime adaptation?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
The only part i liked about this episode is KHR reference, everything else was just ok. I checked out the manga and it isn't really that interesting at all. How successful is the manga is in Japan to get an anime adaptation?
I thought it was decent. Nothing spectacular but I enjoyed it enough that I'll probably truck through all 12 episodes unless it because utter garbage.
And I don't think the manga is very successful at all
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wanted to verify, but the most recent volume was released in December 31st and there is no sales information yet.
As far I know, it doesn't sell that well... I think it got an anime mostly because it is from the same author of Reborn.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
It doesn't even chart half the time, rarely if ever sells over 20k in its first week. It does considerably worse than the "unfortunate four" in Jump. Two reasons why it may have gotten an anime imo:
1 - Because its the same author as Reborn.
2 - They are giving Jump+ series anime to promote the platform as there arent any series that sell particularly well, and those on the better side of sales still do quite poorly. (Tonkatsu, This, Chronos Ruler soon)
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
well some series like keijo!!!! sale less than 10k and still get anime, so a least we still have chance for adaptation for hinomaru & dance club & Samon........
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,332
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Didn't the Gintama director talk about wanting to do a Samon anime earlier in its run? Would certainly be nice if it does ends up happening, especially with Gintama almost certainly ending this year (both manga and anime).
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think the anime studios pick what they see that has potential, otherwise they would just pick Shonen Jump things. hahaha
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The fujoshi theory has been proven false or shakey at best on several occasions and by doing so you're saying that the title has limited appeal and Haikyuu has proven to be popular with males and females despite what people will tell you.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I can feel the irony... Whose side are you in?! XD
People have difficulty admitting that although manga review is not an exact science, there are things that remain true and can be used to put one manga above another. However, people choose the easy way "it is everything a matter of taste, don't judge me!". :derp
Well, it's hard to say... I'm not a huge fan of Black Clover... I'm still waiting for "that" plot twist to connect everything. To me the biggest problem of the series is the story... It makes no sense at all.

With that sad I was on board the hype train of Hungry Joker a couple of years ago (yeah...). And we know what happened...

To wrap it up: I can understand why ALL manga in jump sell or does not sell well... Why they are well ranked on TOC or not... Even If I don't agree, I can understand. Black Clover is the ONLY incognite.

It makes no sense at all to beat MHA or Haikyuu or even One Piece (I think it did it 2 times). And I think this is pretty much why everybody hates it so much here.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Bruh that Gintama episode was something.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Bruh that Gintama episode was something.
I liked it, but you could really feel they were rushing it a bit. The OP was on point though.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, it's hard to say... I'm not a huge fan of Black Clover... I'm still waiting for "that" plot twist to connect everything. To me the biggest problem of the series is the story... It makes no sense at all.

With that sad I was on board the hype train of Hungry Joker a couple of years ago (yeah...). And we know what happened...

To wrap it up: I can understand why ALL manga in jump sell or does not sell well... Why they are well ranked on TOC or not... Even If I don't agree, I can understand. Black Clover is the ONLY incognite.

It makes no sense at all to beat MHA or Haikyuu or even One Piece (I think it did it 2 times). And I think this is pretty much why everybody hates it so much here.
Yeah, I understand... TOC and sales can be frustrating sometimes... There were many times Jump hurt me, giving recognition to generic, normal things, while trashing good things... Now I'm reading things from many sources and it has been incredible, there is life beyond Jump... If it continues like that, I can leave Jump without regrets. XD

It is good to read something without worrying about its position, it is freedom. XD
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Continuing with the elDlive discussion:
Does anyone think that this would make for 12+ episodes? Like, 24 or something? Just from the concept alone?

This series feels like a Saturday Morning Cartoon. It may impress more the kids and pre-teens, but I enjoyed watching this. The pastel color palette matches with the tone, and OH MY, THE CHARACTER DESIGNS, Amano knows her craft pretty well. After so much fujobait, she opted for more cuteness.

Plot-wise, is still an SMC. The first half was a little painful to watch, but the second impressed me a little. If you are an adult and you have children at home, this will be cool for them, but it´s difficult to say if it´s gonna impress more adult people.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Here comes that elDLive anime bump.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It makes no sense at all to beat MHA or Haikyuu or even One Piece (I think it did it 2 times). And I think this is pretty much why everybody hates it so much here.
Or it not being good. You don't have to know anything about TOC or editorial pushing to see that BC isn't up to standard. Don't be surprise if it gets a backlash similar to Toriko when the anime premieres.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Or it not being good. You don't have to know anything about TOC or editorial pushing to see that BC isn't up to standard. Don't be surprise if it gets a backlash similar to Toriko when the anime premieres.
But I agree with you. It's not that good. But it don't make us hate just because of that.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Was it already confirmed that elDLive has 12 episodes? Why people are having hopes that it is more than this?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top