Seinen Onepunch Man by ONE & Yuusuke Murata

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I haven posted anything for some time and would like to know how the info that comes from the original and hasn't being already relealed in the redrawn version is handled here? I haven't read the original comic and don't want to read spoilers. Please. Thanks in advance.
As ONE's series is ahead of Murata's please simply label and include any discussion regarding the Webtoon in spoiler tags.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,367
Gender
Male
Country
France
New chapter is out.

Great one, loved the battle choreography and how it ended.

I wonder if people will discover that Charanko is in fact Saitama or if he'll find an excuse.

Suiryu should try to fight some S-Class Heroes.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Well finally, Saitama let go of that pesky hair. Suiryu didn't do too bad..but clearly he was still way beneath Saitama. Still, he is supposed to be using void fist and the others commented that he's still hiding his real strength, so I guess he'll go all out now. He might push Saitama a little but tbh, not that Saitama is somewhat serious (at least no longer distracted by keeping his hair in place), not sure how much that'll be worth.
 

Xguard

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2010
Messages
268
Reaction score
106
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
So suiryu is the Winner?
Not because he defeat Saitama but because Saitama use Charanko's name. So it's foul lol.

It's good chapter but I hope this match should be over already. Void punchs from Suiryu and one punch from Saitama to end this match. I want this story to be more progress and would like to see the fight between Bang and Garou :)
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
So suiryu is the Winner?
Not because he defeat Saitama but because Saitama use Charanko's name. So it's foul lol.
Not certain, I mean for all we know they'll just assume Charanko had lost his hair somehow and began wearing a wig because he was embarrassed? It's definitely raising some eyebrows though.

As soon as Suiryu began mouthing off about heroes, I knew that'd hit a sore spot with Saitama and that punch is the same he used on Genos when he asked him to fight him seriously. Suiryu from the looks of it, knows that had that punch connected, he'd be done for. I guess now he'll not hold back from using his fists and see exactly what he himself is capable of and how far he can take Saitama.

I was so worried they'd cut the fight short then they switched scenes during Suiryu's speech about heroes, but it was just to show us Mumen Rider getting his ass kicked again the only way he can...but I still like him a lot as not only a character but also hero.
 

Aonori

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 13, 2015
Messages
3,437
Reaction score
1,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Portugal
Well finally, Saitama let go of that pesky hair. Suiryu didn't do too bad..but clearly he was still way beneath Saitama. Still, he is supposed to be using void fist and the others commented that he's still hiding his real strength, so I guess he'll go all out now. He might push Saitama a little but tbh, not that Saitama is somewhat serious (at least no longer distracted by keeping his hair in place), not sure how much that'll be worth.
Perhaps it will be worth a super serious series move by Saitama, but I dont expect anything too drastic, or higher than that, even against improved sonic he did end up using one of those afterall.
 

Rescorlian

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
503
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
France
First time seeing Saitama sweating ? I thought for a sec it could be a close one but after the last pages, don't think Suiryu is going to do much.

Aside from that, definitely looking for the Garou vs. Watch dog. He's so cute and weird it's amazing :D
 

Shobu_Yoruichi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
731
Reaction score
4,327
Gender
Hidden
Country
Chile
The cinematic, in my head, of those first moves from Suiryu just brought me to my past when i enjoyed Dragon Ball's Tenkaichi Budokai and it's great for Murata to draw this kind of things, i'm actually hyped because of my memories of Dragon Ball than for the chapter itself.

Saitama is quite a prideful about heroes and hardwork... the piece with Rider and Tanktop was unnecessary to me.
 

Xguard

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2010
Messages
268
Reaction score
106
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Not certain, I mean for all we know they'll just assume Charanko had lost his hair somehow and began wearing a wig because he was embarrassed? It's definitely raising some eyebrows though.

As soon as Suiryu began mouthing off about heroes, I knew that'd hit a sore spot with Saitama and that punch is the same he used on Genos when he asked him to fight him seriously. Suiryu from the looks of it, knows that had that punch connected, he'd be done for. I guess now he'll not hold back from using his fists and see exactly what he himself is capable of and how far he can take Saitama.

I was so worried they'd cut the fight short then they switched scenes during Suiryu's speech about heroes, but it was just to show us Mumen Rider getting his ass kicked again the only way he can...but I still like him a lot as not only a character but also hero.
Yes, they may possibly think Charanko lost his hair and wear wig. But there seem to be some of his oppenent recognise Saitama and I don't think Saitama would get the prize so that he must continue shopping on discount shop as before lol.

I can't wait for any longer so I search for the ONE's version. And I found that it's really classic manga. I'd recommend if any of you would like to know the story ASAP. It's very fun and exciting even though the drawing is not good but the story is really fun.
 

Aonori

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 13, 2015
Messages
3,437
Reaction score
1,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Portugal
So suiryu might win the tournament because Charanko isnt Charanko but rather Saitama, next chapter we will probably see serious Suiryuu using more than kicks only against Saitama, also was that bruise in Saitama´s head actually a injury? Thats insane, it would certainly be the first time it happens, I actually see Murata panelling things out like that, though it could just be a troll.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
"You're not even wearing a tank top, so don't over do it" lol

Jeez I hope they don't notice it's the hero Saitama, and they let Charanko keep fighting. Looking for Suiryu to put them dukes up and go all out.
 

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,135
Reaction score
1,885
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
Haven't felt like Saitama was cornered for quite some time; Just the sense of threat it was dere for me; I was hoping Suiryu had some type of ability to really challenege Saitama...

But Wow Suiryu seems pretty damn strong too, I wanna see him fight Garou. Oo the hype..
 

mstarsup5

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
169
Reaction score
2,084
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
Any idea when the next chapter (Murata's version) will be available?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Any idea when the next chapter (Murata's version) will be available?
It should be out by now since release pattern is between 9-12 days and the last chapter we got was on 14th Jan.
 

mstarsup5

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
169
Reaction score
2,084
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
It should be out by now since release pattern is between 9-12 days and the last chapter we got was on 14th Jan.
9-12 days? Good to know, thanks goldb!
I just caught up, I didn't know if it was a weekly manga, or monthly, or anything. :-)
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
From the looks of it, Suiryu ignores the call that disqualifies Saitama and continues to attack him, then gets defeated by an ass bump; which is hilarious and quite sad for him.

The monsters finally show up at the end but it's unclear if Saitama is still there or left. They've beaten up and captured a few of the other competitors including Bazuzu.
 

billylebegue

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
114
Reaction score
92
Gender
Hidden
Country
France
@goldb sorry for the double link, too bad my whole post was deleted.

Anyway, awasome art in this chapter. These vilains seems fodder. One panel with Garou, wonder what it tells
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
That ass-bump was seriously funny. Suiryu fighting Gouketsu maybe upcoming. Saitama was apprehended so someone's gotta do it.
 
Top