Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Based on shoseki ranking doesn't seem ēlDLIVE will get even decent boost and same think with Blue Exorcist.....
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Actually when it comes to anime it's production committees who have the biggest say in what happens. The studios generally just follow suit, so if Shueisha or whoever else on the committee said they wanted 24-26 episodes instead, BONES would have complied. So yeah the fault's on them, not BONES. Regardless it probably is time to move on from the topic
THIS. I mean, it's pretty clear enough they had hopes for this. The sales are doing well, TOC rankings are highly consistent in Top 3, fan hype is at a fever pitch (both domestic and international). Then the most obvious choice is to release it with the best possible timing and most amount of episodes possible. Instead, we got a short amount of episodes which fizzled the momentum. Sales of the manga is still going strong, but the franchise's momentum is shaky at best.

All in all, the decision-making is questionable, at least.

fixed that sentence for you

it's not even the first they have done this, I have lost count of how many times people here discussed that thing, this thread have been discussing it since before it was even announced

the same people saying the same stuff they have already said

"bla bla bla gonna be huge bla bla bla sales aren't that great bla bla bla shueisha's fault bla bla bla but I liked it bla bla bla it was fine bla bla bla bones adapted the weakest part bla bla bla it could be big in the second season bla bla bla not it won't bla bla bla..."

this time it lasted longer than usual, it have been 3 days ffs

I can't wait for the toc to drop in a couple of hours to change the subject, but I'm sure the will go back to discussing it like well oiled machines after that
Yes, I'm aware I'm dragging the conversation. All I wanted to know what people's thoughts are on the anime's decision-making, and if people don't care, then fine. I will just say this as much; I sincerely hope that season 2 does finally give it the big boost it deserves.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
they changed jump plus website to https://shonenjumpplus.com/
they changed the reader and everything

Yes, I'm aware I'm dragging the conversation. All I wanted to know what people's thoughts are on the anime's decision-making, and if people don't care, then fine. I will just say this as much; I sincerely hope that season 2 does finally give it the big boost it deserves.
my post wasn't aimed at anyone, pretty sure the conversation would have dragged with or without your involvement
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Actually when it comes to anime it's production committees who have the biggest say in what happens. The studios generally just follow suit (the exceptions being if something is either an anime original project or animated by a big studio like Sunrise or Toei who have enough clout to be on the commitee for their work-for-hire projects), so if Shueisha or whoever else on the committee said they wanted 24-26 episodes instead, BONES would have complied. So yeah the fault's on them, not BONES. Regardless it probably is time to move on from the topic
Eeeh I suppose anime works differently than other media.

That just seems like a very weird business practice given that they're two different companies. LikE it just seems weird that the publishers can force the anime studios to put out more money when they studio is the one paying for most of the budget
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Which manga from other magazines that have successful anime and successful sales, but still underated do you think would have been in big 3 if it was released in Jump?
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
they changed jump plus website to https://shonenjumpplus.com/
they changed the reader and everything



my post wasn't aimed at anyone, pretty sure the conversation would have dragged with or without your involvement
All right. I understand. Pretty sure the same could be said about Black Clover though. Basically, I think there's a lesson to be learned from all this: If you want to rack up the page count for this thread very quickly in the span of a few days, just bring up either the MHA anime or Black Clover.

.....whoops. Just opened another can of worms :cookiehand
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Actually when it comes to anime it's production committees who have the biggest say in what happens. The studios generally just follow suit (the exceptions being if something is either an anime original project or animated by a big studio like Sunrise or Toei who have enough clout to be on the commitee for their work-for-hire projects), so if Shueisha or whoever else on the committee said they wanted 24-26 episodes instead, BONES would have complied. So yeah the fault's on them, not BONES. Regardless it probably is time to move on from the topic
Just to note that Bandai Namco Pictures(the new sunrise for kids and family), Sunrise and Toei don't work in production Committee!
Is not that they have clout in Committee, they really don't work on ones. One Piece(and right now all Toei TV properties), Gintama, Gundam none of them have production Committee.
The only exception is Movies, where even Toei sometimes, with regularity, does Production Commitee.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
THIS. I mean, it's pretty clear enough they had hopes for this. The sales are doing well, TOC rankings are highly consistent in Top 3, fan hype is at a fever pitch (both domestic and international). Then the most obvious choice is to release it with the best possible timing and most amount of episodes possible. Instead, we got a short amount of episodes which fizzled the momentum. Sales of the manga is still going strong, but the franchise's momentum is shaky at best.

All in all, the decision-making is questionable, at least.



Yes, I'm aware I'm dragging the conversation. All I wanted to know what people's thoughts are on the anime's decision-making, and if people don't care, then fine. I will just say this as much; I sincerely hope that season 2 does finally give it the big boost it deserves.
In my opinion; the decision making, planning and producing, was certainly not the brightest, that I believe we all agree on that. The thing I don't believe is that has anything to do with rushing or picking to early. Remove the aspect of time, that it has nothing to do with this, and start thinking in what other reasons exist for that happening.
I know that at the time it was announced 13 episodes and there was an interview with somebody from Bones that talked about when the production started, a lot of people made the connection about the size and the time. Though, like in a lot of things, specially in the internet and in this community(anime community), that was in no way correct.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Eeeh I suppose anime works differently than other media.

That just seems like a very weird business practice given that they're two different companies. LikE it just seems weird that the publishers can force the anime studios to put out more money when they studio is the one paying for most of the budget
In reality, in most cases the publisher just does a supervisor work. They receive the first proposition and decide if they accept. Then they look, or are forced to look, from time to time, to see if what is being done is at least acceptable.

In the end they most times just receive royalties for the anime production and nothing else.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Just to note that Bandai Namco Pictures(the new sunrise for kids and family), Sunrise and Toei don't work in production Committee!
Is not that they have clout in Committee, they really don't work on ones. One Piece(and right now all Toei TV properties), Gintama, Gundam none of them have production Committee.
The only exception is Movies, where even Toei sometimes, with regularity, does Production Commitee.
Eh....... WHAT........ DO YOU have any source for this or you just talk...................
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States

Since we don't know what to discuss, let's discuss this until the TOC comes out lol
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Please... Let's wait for Sharkbait to comment first. I need it.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Since we don't know what to discuss, let's discuss this until the TOC comes out lol
1-"Not every lead character need to be like Goku" stating the obvious
2-"Attack on Titan was pitched to Jump" unconfirmed rumor
3- "they told the mangaka to make Eren like Goku" that's a lie, he made this up, it's not in the rumor
4- "Goku popularize the goofy pure carefree mc that like to adventure and eat" someone never heard of Future Boy Conan?
5- "Edgy trend is because people grew up and got tired of that formula" 40 years is a longass time to grow up
6- "that's why all Ken Kaneki clones started popping up" yeah there wasn't edgy protagonist in the 90 or 80 or the 70, TG totally invented that
7- "shonen jump editors change all new works to make more like Goku" another day another lie
8- "Hungry Joker flopped because the mc isn't a Goku clone" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no!
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
As much as I don't like his content, he has a point. Toriyama didn't invented that type of character, but as I see it Goku popularized some traits of the shonen mc personality that Luffy, Naruto, Hinata, Asta and other main characters share.

Oh, and btw, Isayama Hajime did offer SnK to Jump. He talks about it in this blog post (japanese): http://blog.livedoor.jp/isayamahazime/archives/1922630.html
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Instead of complaining about terrible anime youtubers again, does anyone have any ideas as to what viz's apparent major announcements could be for their WSJ 5th anniversary stream?

 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Something underwhelming I'm sure.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Unless they're adding KnY, yeah, it'll be underwhelming.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Why is Deku and Saiki in there? They arent idiots like Goku.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Instead of complaining about terrible anime youtubers again, does anyone have any ideas as to what viz's apparent major announcements could be for their WSJ 5th anniversary stream?
Expect a least an interview with Inoue Takehiko sensei
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top