- Joined
- Dec 18, 2016
- Messages
- 743
- Reaction score
- 1,880
- Country
-
Based on shoseki ranking doesn't seem ēlDLIVE will get even decent boost and same think with Blue Exorcist.....
THIS. I mean, it's pretty clear enough they had hopes for this. The sales are doing well, TOC rankings are highly consistent in Top 3, fan hype is at a fever pitch (both domestic and international). Then the most obvious choice is to release it with the best possible timing and most amount of episodes possible. Instead, we got a short amount of episodes which fizzled the momentum. Sales of the manga is still going strong, but the franchise's momentum is shaky at best.Actually when it comes to anime it's production committees who have the biggest say in what happens. The studios generally just follow suit, so if Shueisha or whoever else on the committee said they wanted 24-26 episodes instead, BONES would have complied. So yeah the fault's on them, not BONES. Regardless it probably is time to move on from the topic
Yes, I'm aware I'm dragging the conversation. All I wanted to know what people's thoughts are on the anime's decision-making, and if people don't care, then fine. I will just say this as much; I sincerely hope that season 2 does finally give it the big boost it deserves.fixed that sentence for you
it's not even the first they have done this, I have lost count of how many times people here discussed that thing, this thread have been discussing it since before it was even announced
the same people saying the same stuff they have already said
"bla bla bla gonna be huge bla bla bla sales aren't that great bla bla bla shueisha's fault bla bla bla but I liked it bla bla bla it was fine bla bla bla bones adapted the weakest part bla bla bla it could be big in the second season bla bla bla not it won't bla bla bla..."
this time it lasted longer than usual, it have been 3 days ffs
I can't wait for the toc to drop in a couple of hours to change the subject, but I'm sure the will go back to discussing it like well oiled machines after that
my post wasn't aimed at anyone, pretty sure the conversation would have dragged with or without your involvementYes, I'm aware I'm dragging the conversation. All I wanted to know what people's thoughts are on the anime's decision-making, and if people don't care, then fine. I will just say this as much; I sincerely hope that season 2 does finally give it the big boost it deserves.
Eeeh I suppose anime works differently than other media.Actually when it comes to anime it's production committees who have the biggest say in what happens. The studios generally just follow suit (the exceptions being if something is either an anime original project or animated by a big studio like Sunrise or Toei who have enough clout to be on the commitee for their work-for-hire projects), so if Shueisha or whoever else on the committee said they wanted 24-26 episodes instead, BONES would have complied. So yeah the fault's on them, not BONES. Regardless it probably is time to move on from the topic
All right. I understand. Pretty sure the same could be said about Black Clover though. Basically, I think there's a lesson to be learned from all this: If you want to rack up the page count for this thread very quickly in the span of a few days, just bring up either the MHA anime or Black Clover.they changed jump plus website to https://shonenjumpplus.com/
they changed the reader and everything
my post wasn't aimed at anyone, pretty sure the conversation would have dragged with or without your involvement

Just to note that Bandai Namco Pictures(the new sunrise for kids and family), Sunrise and Toei don't work in production Committee!Actually when it comes to anime it's production committees who have the biggest say in what happens. The studios generally just follow suit (the exceptions being if something is either an anime original project or animated by a big studio like Sunrise or Toei who have enough clout to be on the commitee for their work-for-hire projects), so if Shueisha or whoever else on the committee said they wanted 24-26 episodes instead, BONES would have complied. So yeah the fault's on them, not BONES. Regardless it probably is time to move on from the topic
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
In my opinion; the decision making, planning and producing, was certainly not the brightest, that I believe we all agree on that. The thing I don't believe is that has anything to do with rushing or picking to early. Remove the aspect of time, that it has nothing to do with this, and start thinking in what other reasons exist for that happening.THIS. I mean, it's pretty clear enough they had hopes for this. The sales are doing well, TOC rankings are highly consistent in Top 3, fan hype is at a fever pitch (both domestic and international). Then the most obvious choice is to release it with the best possible timing and most amount of episodes possible. Instead, we got a short amount of episodes which fizzled the momentum. Sales of the manga is still going strong, but the franchise's momentum is shaky at best.
All in all, the decision-making is questionable, at least.
Yes, I'm aware I'm dragging the conversation. All I wanted to know what people's thoughts are on the anime's decision-making, and if people don't care, then fine. I will just say this as much; I sincerely hope that season 2 does finally give it the big boost it deserves.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
In reality, in most cases the publisher just does a supervisor work. They receive the first proposition and decide if they accept. Then they look, or are forced to look, from time to time, to see if what is being done is at least acceptable.Eeeh I suppose anime works differently than other media.
That just seems like a very weird business practice given that they're two different companies. LikE it just seems weird that the publishers can force the anime studios to put out more money when they studio is the one paying for most of the budget
Eh....... WHAT........ DO YOU have any source for this or you just talk...................Just to note that Bandai Namco Pictures(the new sunrise for kids and family), Sunrise and Toei don't work in production Committee!
Is not that they have clout in Committee, they really don't work on ones. One Piece(and right now all Toei TV properties), Gintama, Gundam none of them have production Committee.
The only exception is Movies, where even Toei sometimes, with regularity, does Production Commitee.
Obviously, he's a representative of Toei animation. You didn't know?Eh....... WHAT........ DO YOU have any source for this or you just talk...................
Eh..Is that so.......didn't know that....LOLObviously, he's a representative of Toei animation. You didn't know?
1-"Not every lead character need to be like Goku" stating the obvious![]()
Since we don't know what to discuss, let's discuss this until the TOC comes out lol
Expect a least an interview with Inoue Takehiko senseiInstead of complaining about terrible anime youtubers again, does anyone have any ideas as to what viz's apparent major announcements could be for their WSJ 5th anniversary stream?