Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
If you're only looking for a fun battle manga to look forward to every week you can check out other magazines
This. I like battle shonen, but my thing is really romance and you guys should have noticed that there isn't any pure and angelical romance in the magazine right now (I have yet to read, but Yuragi-sou is romance right? But not pure. xD), so I resorted to other magazines and there are so many goods things our there.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
What are some good Battle Shonen in other magazines right now?

I already read Tokyo Ghoul, Uratarou(well those are technically Seinen, but they're kind of battle). I read Fire Brigade of Flames and Noragami as well
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
None tbh
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What are some good Battle Shonen in other magazines right now?

I already read Tokyo Ghoul, Uratarou(well those are technically Seinen, but they're kind of battle). I read Fire Brigade of Flames and Noragami as well
I read...

From young jump: Terra Formars, Kingdom, Uratarou
from shonen sunday and urasunday: magi and sinbad
from weekly magazine: nanatsu no taizai, fairy tail and hajime no ippo (this is boxing though)

I also recommend origin, the new series by boichi, I don't remember the magazine right now.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
It doesn't really feel right calling Magi a battle shounen, sure there's battles every so often but it's really mostly about political drama.

I've seen a lot of stuff about Golden Kamuy (another young jump series) but I haven't gotten around to reading it myself yet.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
What are some good Battle Shonen in other magazines right now?

I already read Tokyo Ghoul, Uratarou(well those are technically Seinen, but they're kind of battle). I read Fire Brigade of Flames and Noragami as well
good is a matter of pov, one man trash is another man treasure

some of the ones I enjoy : Birdmen, RYOKO, Saike Mata Shite mo, Fumetsu no Anata e, Helck, Mob Psycho 100, Mahoutsukai no Yome, Tsuyokute New Saga, Hataraku Saibou,

some enjoyable seinen: Golden Kamuy, No Guns Life, Vinland Saga, Dungeon Meshi
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I read...

From young jump: Terra Formars, Kingdom, Uratarou
from shonen sunday and urasunday: magi and sinbad
from weekly magazine: nanatsu no taizai, fairy tail and hajime no ippo (this is boxing though)

I also recommend origin, the new series by boichi, I don't remember the magazine right now.
I plan on reading Kingdom when I get the time. I'm hoping Viz licenses it soon.
Not a fan of Magi, Tazai or Fairy Tail though. Well Tazai and Magi are cool, but didn't capture me enough for me to get really invested
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
What are some good Battle Shonen in other magazines right now?

I already read Tokyo Ghoul, Uratarou(well those are technically Seinen, but they're kind of battle). I read Fire Brigade of Flames and Noragami as well
Saike Mata Shite mo and Ryoko from Shonen Sunday are good battle manga imo.

Golden Kamuy from Young Jump also has battles at times with some SoL, I personally read it mostly for comedy and characters.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
What are some good Battle Shonen in other magazines right now?
if looking for some shonen.....
Blue Exorcist ,Seraph of the End, Twin Star Exorcists, SaikeMata Shitemo,Birdmen,Kengan Ashua,Darwin's Game
and some seinen :
Ajin ,Golden Kamuy, Inuyashiki, Kingdom, Uratarou +Rikudou
or you can read comedy manga : Grand Blue( the best thing you can find )
I really don't read lot of action series
 
Last edited:

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
What are some good Battle Shonen in other magazines right now?

I already read Tokyo Ghoul, Uratarou(well those are technically Seinen, but they're kind of battle). I read Fire Brigade of Flames and Noragami as well
Saike Mata Shitemo, Kengan Ashua, Helck, and To You The Immortal are all great.
 

wsj

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Country
Canada
I'm not sure anyone else cares but does anyone know if there's been an update on Osamu Akimoto's 4 new series? Are they still going ahead as scheduled? The first one debuted already in Grand Jump issue 2, but for some reason it's not in 3, 4 or 5 and I can't find anything saying it was supposed to stop. The issue it was in showed a preview for chapter 2.

Also, the other three new series were all supposed to start soon (Young Jump 10, Jump SQ 3 and Ultra Jump 4) but I haven't seen anything confirming them or saying if they've been delayed
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm not sure anyone else cares but does anyone know if there's been an update on Osamu Akimoto's 4 new series? Are they still going ahead as scheduled? The first one debuted already in Grand Jump issue 2, but for some reason it's not in 3, 4 or 5 and I can't find anything saying it was supposed to stop. The issue it was in showed a preview for chapter 2.

Also, the other three new series were all supposed to start soon (Young Jump 10, Jump SQ 3 and Ultra Jump 4) but I haven't seen anything confirming them or saying if they've been delayed
Aren't those one shots ?
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
I'm not sure anyone else cares but does anyone know if there's been an update on Osamu Akimoto's 4 new series? Are they still going ahead as scheduled? The first one debuted already in Grand Jump issue 2, but for some reason it's not in 3, 4 or 5 and I can't find anything saying it was supposed to stop. The issue it was in showed a preview for chapter 2.

Also, the other three new series were all supposed to start soon (Young Jump 10, Jump SQ 3 and Ultra Jump 4) but I haven't seen anything confirming them or saying if they've been delayed
I think he has Mr. Clice as new series in jump SQ next month.......
 

wsj

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Country
Canada
Aren't those one shots ?
They are all supposed to be ongoing, it said so in the interview where he was talking about them, I'm just not sure if they were all meant to be published in every issue of their respective magazine or they are going to all be on different schedules (like Mr. Clice used to be ongoing but it came out very sporadically over twenty years, one chapter was even 200 pages)...it's just weird that the Grand Jump site is still promoting his interview on the page but has no mention of when Chapter 2 is coming out
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I think he has Mr. Clice as new series in jump SQ next month.......
Oh, you are right, it's apparently scheduled to appear but says irregular serialization, I don't know if that actually says that in the magazine or someone is just assuming that because it was irregular in the past...I hope at least the one in Weekly Young Jump is regularly serialized since it sounds the most interesting
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not sure anyone else cares but does anyone know if there's been an update on Osamu Akimoto's 4 new series? Are they still going ahead as scheduled? The first one debuted already in Grand Jump issue 2, but for some reason it's not in 3, 4 or 5 and I can't find anything saying it was supposed to stop. The issue it was in showed a preview for chapter 2.

Also, the other three new series were all supposed to start soon (Young Jump 10, Jump SQ 3 and Ultra Jump 4) but I haven't seen anything confirming them or saying if they've been delayed
Mr. Clice (re)starts in this upcoming issue of Jump SQ, it's been confirmed to be an irregular serialization. The others haven't had any updates because we're just not up to those issues yet, Ultra Jump 2 and Young Jump 8 just came out today so it's a bit early. Not sure about Black Tiger since looking into it would require me to care about Grand Jump, but it's a series, not a oneshot.

Also is everyone recommending Saike just to make me feel bad for having the next chapter half done for a week now and then playing video games instead of finishing it because it's sort of working.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
>wrote my recs then stepped away from pc
>as I'm away I remember I left out Kengan ashua out
>came back to edit my post and add it only to see 3 people after me have already mentioned it

I'm proud of you guys :super
 

wsj

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Country
Canada
Mr. Clice (re)starts in this upcoming issue of Jump SQ, it's been confirmed to be an irregular serialization. The others haven't had any updates because we're just not up to those issues yet, Ultra Jump 2 and Young Jump 8 just came out today so it's a bit early. Not sure about Black Tiger since looking into it would require me to care about Grand Jump, but it's a series, not a oneshot.

Also is everyone recommending Saike just to make me feel bad for having the next chapter half done for a week now and then playing video games instead of finishing it because it's sort of working.
Okay, thank you. I guess I'll have to be patient, but Black Tiger and Finder were the two I was most excited for (since they are new series and not continuations of old projects). I never understood why nobody cares about Grand Jump since it has series people like in it.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Someone scanlated Ole Golazo chapter 4

even more slam dunk mimicking with gorilla jokes

I'm calling it now, Banba will shave his hair eventually in this manga
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Someone scanlated Ole Golazo chapter 4

even more slam dunk mimicking with gorilla jokes

I'm calling it now, Banba will shave his hair eventually in this manga
"Someone"? I checked batoto, but didn't see anything.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top