Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shonen Jump is like One Piece, a bunch of guys who aims to reach One Piece at some point. :derp
When One Piece ends in 2100, Oda will say the same words as Gold D. Roger. XD
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Shonen Jump is like One Piece, a bunch of guys who aims to reach One Piece at some point. :derp
When One Piece ends in 2100, Oda will say the same words as Gold D. Roger. XD
And the likes of Black Clover (Black Beard) and Boku no Hero Academia (Luffy) will fight over his legacy.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
And the likes of Black Clover (Black Beard) and Boku no Hero Academia (Luffy) will fight for his legacy.
Black Clover fits perfectly in the annoying villain who nobody likes and that will have his ass kicked in the end. Good point. XD
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
They will end way before one piece.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I think One Piece will be done in 5-6 years
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Black Clover fits perfectly in the annoying villain who nobody likes and that will have his ass kicked in the end. Good point. XD
The only ones that like Black Clover (Blackbeard) is jump (Oda), hence why they are pushing them hard no matter how much hate they gather. xD
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I used to think DBZ was the greatest profitable series of all time, like more than OP
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I used to think DBZ was the greatest profitable series of all time, like more than OP
Well it's more popular internationally.

Idk if International sales for DB Merch outsell Japan's sales for OP Merch. I'd imagine it does though
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I used to think DBZ was the greatest profitable series of all time, like more than OP
There was a sales data last year (seem pretty legit), DBZ was #1 profitable series (franchise as a whole) up until 2009/2010, where OP dethroned it.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I've bought so much DBZ merchandise besides actually volumes (DVDS, like every Budokai, book bags and tshirts) I've lost count. I checked Oda's net worth too... dude's set for life.
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
And the likes of Black Clover (Black Beard) and Boku no Hero Academia (Luffy) will fight over his legacy.
One won't ever reach the grand line and the other won't reach the New World
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think @Bigivelfhq said in the past that One Piece is huge in France, which is the biggest market after Japan, so Dragon Ball hegemony is debatable.
 

raikou

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
141
Reaction score
46
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I've been lurking on this forum for a long time, now I want to ask something.

About Inagaki returning with Boichi, many people here knows Boichi. Is Boichi really that popular in the western fandom?
I mean, I know him from Sun-Ken Rock, but I didn't know that so many people know him.

Regarding 6 new series, this is the new record of new series right? I don't remember Jump has this many for new serialization wave.
All seems interesting. I need to read all and then drop the low quality one.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Any Neverland spoilers floating around yet?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I've never understood why there are a lot of people who want to be spoiled before chapters come out. Anytime I have been accidentally spoiled on a chapter, it's always led to a lesser experience while reading it.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Guessing some Black Clover anime info might come in the next issue with the commemoration color page.

Unrelated, but Young Jump has launched an anime project for a manga.
http://natalie.mu/comic/news/218308
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I've never understood why there are a lot of people who want to be spoiled before chapters come out. Anytime I have been accidentally spoiled on a chapter, it's always led to a lesser experience while reading it.
I don't really care about spoilers in general
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top