Discussion - Rou and Bans connection ??? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Rou and Bans connection ???

nuur mohamed

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What do you guys think is he a ancestor or a reincarnation like Elizabeth.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I hope he's an ancestor.

nuur mohamed

Reaction score
Country
United States
Same, I also hope he is a ancestor we already have one reincarnation. But who knows

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Badass Ban having an original form.

Sure why not?

It will be great.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
How likely is it for a descendant to look so much like an old ancestor? He is basically Ban with a different hairstyle. I think it's a reincarnation. If he was only his ancestor I don't think Nakaba would have introduced someone who resembles him so much and appears to have the same dynamic with Meliodas. I think Ban is Rou's reincarnation but I'd prefer it if he was his ancestor.

If Ban is his reincarnation it'll probably mean that all the Sins are tied to the Great War.

Ancestor please. We have enough incarnations.
Isn't it only Elizabeth?

Isaiah Thomas

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
How likely is it for a descendant to look so much like an old ancestor? He is basically Ban with a different hairstyle. I think it's a reincarnation. If he was only his ancestor I don't think Nakaba would have introduced someone who resembles him so much and appears to have the same dynamic with Meliodas. I think Ban is Rou's reincarnation but I'd prefer it if he was his ancestor.

If Ban is his reincarnation it'll probably mean that all the Sins are tied to the Great War.

Isn't it only Elizabeth?
Hawk is also.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Isn't it only Elizabeth?
Well, all the sins having ties to the ancient war but bam would be weird. I mean, you have mel and gowther being former commandments, merlin being related to an ancient being whom even commandments fear.... With king and diane the relationship to the war is less direct but they are taking the place of dolor and gloxinia which is something at least. Bam being either descended or a reincarnated human would not be that big a stretch here. I wouldn't take issue with him being a reincarnation though. If anything I would love to see this guy being related to the fountain of youth. I don't expect escanor to have any connection whatsoever to the past war except maybe something like an ancestor. Escanor is the son of a king, it wouldn't be a stretch that britania kings originated during the holy war.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Thinking about it, perhaps rou will explain why elaine failed to murder ban when he first entered the fairy king's forest. If ban is a reincarnation then it is entirely possible that the forest protected ban because it recognized him.

Hendy

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
To me it's definitely a reincarnation. He's not just Ban with another hair, their personality is kinda similar: the way he acts, when he was talking about Meliodas being a demon, and letting clear that they're allies, is all similiar to Ban. Even the brofist.
And i'd rather to be a reincarnation, it brings a good and mysterious concept about the series. I wonder if Meliodas noticed somehow that Ban resembled Rou when he met him for the first time in jail.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
To me it's definitely a reincarnation. He's not just Ban with another hair, their personality is kinda similar: the way he acts, when he was talking about Meliodas being a demon, and letting clear that they're allies, is all similiar to Ban. Even the brofist.
And i'd rather to be a reincarnation, it brings a good and mysterious concept about the series. I wonder if Meliodas noticed somehow that Ban resembled Rou when he met him for the first time in jail.
Well, their personalities are not that similar. Ban is a bit of an asshole at every turn. Rou is clearly not like that. However their mannerisms and appearance are without a doubt similar. I do agree with the idea that we are talking about a reincarnation here. It is plausible ban is simply descended from rou however after 3000 years that would be kinda meaningless, rou could have literally thousands of descendants.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Not even close. Only the eyes and the fist bumps are the same..... everything else is different plus ban dislikes thanking people and avoid communications with them...... ban looks more like a beast with his fangs....lou is more like a soft man.... perhaps lou was just created to make things interesting. The godesses in the horn would have said sth to ban about lou since they know him too.... and the tc would have recognize him....

What disturbs me is that why the godesses told ban he is capable of killing meliodas when they know meliodas is immortal???? Perhaps there is something else hidden in the words.....

Isaiah Thomas

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not even close. Only the eyes and the fist bumps are the same..... everything else is different plus ban dislikes thanking people and avoid communications with them...... ban looks more like a beast with his fangs....lou is more like a soft man.... perhaps lou was just created to make things interesting. The godesses in the horn would have said sth to ban about lou since they know him too.... and the tc would have recognize him....

What disturbs me is that why the godesses told ban he is capable of killing meliodas when they know meliodas is immortal???? Perhaps there is something else hidden in the words.....
OR the Goddess in the horn lied about mostly everything to Ban to mess with Meliodas. Like what was the first thing Meliodas said 2 the Goddess when they spoke "stop lying to my friends"

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
OR the Goddess in the horn lied about mostly everything to Ban to mess with Meliodas. Like what was the first thing Meliodas said 2 the Goddess when they spoke "stop lying to my friends"
I wont say lying. Since merasyclla can revive the dead, why cant the godesses do that???? They just laugh doesnt imply they are lying.....

Isaiah Thomas

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wont say lying. Since merasyclla can revive the dead, why cant the godesses do that???? They just laugh doesnt imply they are lying.....
But that had consequences it wasn't forever it was HER magic. Think of it this way Zaneri & Jenna are goddesses in the bodies of twins that were 2 damage for their powers 2 heal of course we don't know how strong Zaneri & Jenna are or were but Elaine is dead the twins weren't. If the Goddess Clan could bring people back from the dead there will be absolutely no way 2 stop them.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
But that had consequences it wasn't forever it was HER magic. Think of it this way Zaneri & Jenna are goddesses in the bodies of twins that were 2 damage for their powers 2 heal of course we don't know how strong Zaneri & Jenna are or were but Elaine is dead the twins weren't. If the Goddess Clan could bring people back from the dead there will be absolutely no way 2 stop them.
Merascylla is just a phony among the higher class demons. Even after she died zaratras roamed around until he gave his life for his brother's sake he could lived in forever he wanted to but he doesnt want it... there is high probability archangels can revive the dead otherwise why call them godesses?????

Isaiah Thomas

Reaction score
Country
United States
Merascylla is just a phony among the higher class demons. Even after she died zaratras roamed around until he gave his life for his brother's sake he could lived in forever he wanted to but he doesnt want it... there is high probability archangels can revive the dead otherwise why call them godesses?????
Merascylla magic is called Hell Gate do you see the important thing it says about "souls that have regrets in this world"
Don't that go perfectly with what Zaratras said
Any way are completely off topic if you 2 continue PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yes, I think Rou is Ban´s past life. The concept is already estabilished in the series, and him using the Musical Note thingy at his speech is something that I think is unique to Ban.
I am not against this, I love the concept of "Friendships beyond time and incarnations", but as a Saint Seiya fan, I am a little bias.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Here is why I am against the whole incarnation thing applying to Rou and Ban. The humans are the oddball in this world. You have all these ancient mythical superbeings and races that seem to be the stuff of fairy tales whereas the humans started out as primitive and weak in comparison, their only "advantage" being their ridiculous reproduction capacity and resulting high numbers as well as their drive for success due to their feeble and short lives.

Excuse my coarse language but in this ancient war they were essentially the ones who got f*cked hard all the time by being stuck between the front lines without ever really impacting the events to a considerable extend. Ironically they end up being the race that inherits the power of magic once dwelling in the land. I want the humans to reap rewards due to the experiments they make. I want them to better themselves through effort, not because they are so heavily dependent on their nature. We have seen many flaws but also very noble attributes from them. If we lump them in with all these other fated races and characters of the super beings that are so much more tied to their inherent racial aspects it feels - to me - like they are losing part of what makes them "them".

That's also why I don't want Ban to be another fated guy that somehow ended up as a reincarnation of someone special, I want him to be just an ancestor that ended up coming about the totally natural human way - reproduction. Not because he was some fated chosen messiah (whether that be for good or for worse). That he happens to have similarities to Rou should also just be natural consequence like you inherent certain traits from parents and great parents and so on and not - I reiterate - not because of some divine fate.

Save that for the other races who have all these special ties to nature and the land or to light and dark. I want Ban to be just a human who earns his place in this world. Because after the shit live he had I think he deserves that.

To be honest, I want Ban's role in this war to be the one who leads the humans again. Later, I mean. Not now, it's not time for that yet. But I think he will unify the kingdoms of Britania or something like that and end up being their unconventional leader. Heck, I would love it if his Sacred Treasure allowed him to steal the power of his enemies and distribute it evenly among all other humans. This way you would have the perfect antithesis to his "greed" theme because it is selfless and proves that he isn't really greedy at all and it would also make all these fodders relevant in a fight again.

Turned into a long rant, lol. Does it make sense to anyone but me? It's kinda hard to explain for me.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I understand, but the Sins are supposed to be special people to begin with, even Diane and King are special among the other members of their races, you can't replace them by random Fairies or Giants because the members of their clans were stronger than Humans overall.

Ban being simply his descendant would be cool but in this case I think it'd be less poetic because Ban himself doesn't care about these kind of things(he doesn't care about his origins, only his little sister has some importance for him among these related to him by blood), Rou doesn't appear to be well-known in history too.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I understand, but the Sins are supposed to be special people to begin with, even Diane and King are special among the other members of their races, you can't replace them by random Fairies or Giants because the members of their clans were stronger than Humans overall.

Ban being simply his descendant would be cool but in this case I think it'd be less poetic because Ban himself doesn't care about these kind of things(he doesn't care about his origins, only his little sister has some importance for him among these related to him by blood), Rou doesn't appear to be well-known in history too.
Ban already has immortality. He doesn't need anything more special than that. Being a reincarnation would be extra. Don't even get me started on Diane, who's "uniqueness" seems to be nothing more than her being a quick study. Nothing extravagant at all. I'm still waiting to see if she is related to Dolor or something in this flashback.

I don't think it'd be less poetic. I think there is a possibility that Rou's actions may reflect Ban's actions. Either Rou failed completely to defend the Fairy Forest, which would be rectified by Ban in the future by preserving the seed the next time the demons attack and regrowing the forest again, or Rou also managed to save a seed and he was the one who planted the previous tree for King's generation of fairies before it was destroyed by the Red Demon.