Again, Beet was not in hiatus, it was cancelled! Nana is also not in hiatus it is for all purposes cancelled and will never return.
Most of the complains of Berserk breaks are in fact a special schedule the series has and not hiatus. I don't see people saying that Monthly series have 3 breaks every month, so why should people complain about Berserk not publishing dates? The only reason is ignorance.
For Berserk there were only 2 big hiatus and 1 currently ongoing.
World Trigger had a ton of hiatus/breaks and is right now in an indefinite one.
what? Beet and Nana were cancelled? why wouldn't they make an announcement that they cancelled an give the fans a closure? if they made and announcement please link me
why would they even give beet a continuation after 10 years if it was cancelled? it does it make any sense
shueisha facebook said they were resuming it, if it was cancelled it would came back with a different name and would say sequel
and regarding Nana, in August Ai Yazawa drew the cover and gave an interview for Rola Magazine in which she said that she wants to finish Nana
which doesn't mean it "cancelled and will never return"
Again, Beet was not in hiatus, it was cancelled! Nana is also not in hiatus it is for all purposes cancelled and will never return.
Most of the complains of Berserk breaks are in fact a special schedule the series has and not hiatus. I don't see people saying that Monthly series have 3 breaks every month, so why should people complain about Berserk not publishing dates? The only reason is ignorance.
For Berserk there were only 2 big hiatus and 1 currently ongoing.
World Trigger had a ton of hiatus/breaks and is right now in an indefinite one.
I can cite two official sources that say Beet was on "extended hiatus" and not canceled.
Here's one:
The other is the fact that, you know, it's literally being published right now? I'm very curious to know where you're pulling these assertions that it was canceled out of.
As for NANA, I don't read that but I've seen the author state in interviews that she plans to get back to it, and she's even drawn some new art for promotional items that come with Cookie issues so there is literally nothing that would imply she canceled it.
He probably got it from some anime youtuber, they often seem to like making up drama like cancellations since it gives them something to scream about.
When is it Beet returns from its brief break anyway? Next issue? I wonder if it'll be another double chapter again.
As an off topic aside since people mentioned the series earlier, Fuuka's anime topics are so much fun to read. If you know the manga's story I recommend reading some discussion from new watchers, their speculation always makes me smile (just be sure not to ruin it).
He probably got it from some anime youtuber, they often seem to like making up drama like cancellations since it gives them something to scream about.
When is it Beet returns from its brief break anyway? Next issue? I wonder if it'll be another double chapter again.
As an off topic aside since people mentioned the series earlier, Fuuka's anime topics are so much fun to read. If you know the manga's story I recommend reading some discussion from new watchers, their speculation always makes me smile (just be sure not to ruin it).
He probably got it from some anime youtuber, they often seem to like making up drama like cancellations since it gives them something to scream about.
When is it Beet returns from its brief break anyway? Next issue? I wonder if it'll be another double chapter again.
As an off topic aside since people mentioned the series earlier, Fuuka's anime topics are so much fun to read. If you know the manga's story I recommend reading some discussion from new watchers, their speculation always makes me smile (just be sure not to ruin it).
They said there'd be new information about Beet's continuation in the spring issue of SQ Crown in April, but the preview for that issue doesn't actually list Beet as being in it. I'd imagine either it'll announce that it's returning in the summer issue, or maybe if we're really lucky it might move to SQ, even if it's a bimonthly or irregular series that'd be pretty great.
There are things that will never change and makes part of the structure of the manga world. Nana is in infinite hiatus and will never return is one of those things.
I don't read it, obviously, but I hear about sporadically it since I started reading mangas. I think Japanese people also face its hiatus as something natural, so that's why it didn't appear.
Speaking of hiatus. I think it is baffle how Shuiesha couldn't treat Daisuke Ashihara (WT) author like D. Gray man author. At least let transfer him to Jump SQ.
Or, at least let him take break similar to Oda. They just want to preserve the golden egg. Oda was hospitalized not because he was overwork, he had a condition and need surgery. Then he worked while inside the hospital. Then they fear that he might overworked himself to death. Which is bullcrap because we all know most mangaka willing to work themselves to death.
With these 6 new series, it is the best time for Ashihara to get a transfer to SQ.
I thought the Boruto movie was good and think the series(once it gets to new material) has potential to be a good follow up to Naruto.
I mean, I think it am an definitely be better than the War arc
I'm not enthusiastic. That media-res in the first chapter was a terrible introduction which basically shat on everything in original and we're introduced to yet another dark edgy rival and yet another eye hax technique.
Speaking of hiatus. I think it is baffle how Shuiesha couldn't treat Daisuke Ashihara (WT) author like D. Gray man author. At least let transfer him to Jump SQ.
Or, at least let him take break similar to Oda. They just want to preserve the golden egg. Oda was hospitalized not because he was overwork, he had a condition and need surgery. Then he worked while inside the hospital. Then they fear that he might overworked himself to death. Which is bullcrap because we all know most mangaka willing to work themselves to death.
Depends mostly on the nature of the condition. Hoshino outright cannot draw due to a injured wrist and even with DGM switching to annual releases her art has began deteriorating due to the injury in the latest chapters (recent chapter was only had 8 pages). Oda of course needed surgery and was forced to take a break under conditions until he fully recovered. Ashihara seem to have poor health in general but known that would necessarily effect his ability to draw just that he can't continue living a mangaka lifestyle in her current condition unless he improves so changing it to monthly won't necessarily help him if he doesn't take care of himself.
It is hard to say, but if he had poor health since the beginning he shouldn't have started to draw professionally. It is a tough work with a tight schedule. Now it is just worse because now he has a series of 100+ chapters with anime and all, it is just more frustrating for him and for the fans now that he can't draw.
I'm not enthusiastic. That media-res in the first chapter was a terrible introduction which basically shat on everything in original and we're introduced to yet another dark edgy rival and yet another eye hax technique.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Depends mostly on the nature of the condition. Hoshino outright cannot draw due to a injured wrist and even with DGM switching to annual releases her art has began deteriorating due to the injury in the latest chapters (recent chapter was only had 8 pages). Oda of course needed surgery and was forced to take a break under conditions until he fully recovered. Ashihara seem to have poor health in general but known that would necessarily effect his ability to draw just that he can't continue living a mangaka lifestyle in her current condition unless he improves so changing it to monthly won't necessarily help him if he doesn't take care of himself.
Ashihara also has neck problem, or that's what the news "reported". Cervical spondylosis in September 2014.
Oda was hospitalized in 2013. Right now, he has 4 weeks on 1 week off schedule. They could at least give Ashihara that option.
If he gets transfer to SQ, he can draw ~40 pages/month. That would be around ~2 weeks worth of content in a month. As oppose to 18 pages/week for 4 weeks (72 pages).
WT is on the chopping block IF the 6 new series become successful. WT's status right now is now looking so good. No anime and indefinite hiatus.
Again, Beet was not in hiatus, it was cancelled! Nana is also not in hiatus it is for all purposes cancelled and will never return.
Most of the complains of Berserk breaks are in fact a special schedule the series has and not hiatus. I don't see people saying that Monthly series have 3 breaks every month, so why should people complain about Berserk not publishing dates? The only reason is ignorance.
For Berserk there were only 2 big hiatus and 1 currently ongoing.
World Trigger had a ton of hiatus/breaks and is right now in an indefinite one.
I can cite two official sources that say Beet was on "extended hiatus" and not canceled.
Here's one:
The other is the fact that, you know, it's literally being published right now? I'm very curious to know where you're pulling these assertions that it was canceled out of.
As for NANA, I don't read that but I've seen the author state in interviews that she plans to get back to it, and she's even drawn some new art for promotional items that come with Cookie issues so there is literally nothing that would imply she canceled it.
When your author is in a serious illness and most probably will never return again, than you can't call it in hiatus. While the possibility of return exists, and so the series isn't "officially" cancelled, the series is just left in Limbo.
That is what happened to Ai Yasawa, she is in a condition where she most definitely will never be able to recover from. Still her return is left open.
I heard for some years, even here, that Beet situation was the same as Nana and D.Gray Man. The author(or the artist?) was seriously ill and so they stop the serialization.
Could you @jagman1x3 translate your quote please!
Is also important to distinguish, that opposite to Hunter x Hunter, where many hiatus just announced a break, and took like many months to 1-2 years. Beet, NANA and D.Gray-man, announced that the authors were sick, then stop/"ended of" the series serialization and it took, or is taking, many years in the break.
Ashihara also has neck problem, or that's what the news "reported". Cervical spondylosis in September 2014.
Oda was hospitalized in 2013. Right now, he has 4 weeks on 1 week off schedule. They could at least give Ashihara that option.
If he gets transfer to SQ, he can draw ~40 pages/month. That would be around ~2 weeks worth of content in a month. As oppose to 18 pages/week for 4 weeks (72 pages).
WT is on the chopping block IF the 6 new series become successful. WT's status right now is now looking so good. No anime and indefinite hiatus.
Wasn't World Trigger even getting a better schedule than Oda at some point? If I remember well with all its breaks, it was making more than 1 break every 5 issues, that is Oda "schedule".
It is hard to say, but if he had poor health since the beginning he shouldn't have started to draw professionally. It is a tough work with a tight schedule. Now it is just worse because now he has a series of 100+ chapters with anime and all, it is just more frustrating for him and for the fans now that he can't draw.
Are you saying because he had poor health he shouldn't work and get money?
Having a manga with 100+ chapters and an anime is not worse, it is in fact better than having nothing. And you forgot that with the addition of the manga and the anime he also got a ton of money. The guy now is a rich person, possibly a millionaire(?)
Finally not on mobile, so I can post what I wanted to:
I don't have that much of a problem with Poro being Anagle Mole x Pochi Kuro. I loved Anagle Mole. After over a year, I lose a it of faith in the editor and mangaka if they can't develop a series based on the GFC winner. Great concept, I don't see why they couldn't develop a series around a mythical creature doctor. Heck, you can still go battle shounen with that route too. I'll reserve my judgement until it's released, though I got carried away. I can't remember who won the GFC this year, a duo I think, but I hope Boy The Gold gets a shot at serialization. Need a gymnastics manga.
When your author is in a serious illness and most probably will never return again, than you can't call it in hiatus. While the possibility of return exists, and so the series isn't "officially" cancelled, the series is just left in Limbo.
That is what happened to Ai Yasawa, she is in a condition where she most definitely will never be able to recover from. Still her return is left open.
I heard for some years, even here, that Beet situation was the same as Nana and D.Gray Man. The author(or the artist?) was seriously ill and so they stop the serialization.
Could you @jagman1x3 translate your quote please!
It's from the second month Beet was on break, and says that "the artist has become unable to continue drawing for now, so the series will be placed on long-term hiatus and details on its return will be announced at a later date." In other words, the only official statement was that the series was not canceled and would eventually return, which it did. Just because something is taking a long time doesn't mean you should believe people on the internet when they say it's been canceled, if the publisher is going to cancel it then they'll say so themselves.
I'm just not looking forward to the inevitable Boruto filler when the Sarada arc is done. Sarada arc was hilarious how much it was a troll to Sasuke-Sakura fans and shippers. Sarada really does look like Karin.
Speaking of hiatus. I think it is baffle how Shuiesha couldn't treat Daisuke Ashihara (WT) author like D. Gray man author. At least let transfer him to Jump SQ.
Or, at least let him take break similar to Oda. They just want to preserve the golden egg. Oda was hospitalized not because he was overwork, he had a condition and need surgery. Then he worked while inside the hospital. Then they fear that he might overworked himself to death. Which is bullcrap because we all know most mangaka willing to work themselves to death.
With these 6 new series, it is the best time for Ashihara to get a transfer to SQ.
WT is not D. Gray Man much less One Piece. Also, JUMP can't afford to "lose" another high selling series at this time. Maybe (just maybe) with new successes by the VETERANS, it can change and WT can go die it's miserably death on SQ or other monthly magazine.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.