Discussion What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
I guess not..

it seems good.. but i'm gonna die waiting for the next chapter :arf so i'm gonna stay away until it gets more chapters :oh

also.. I don't know why, but I prefer those type of manga to be in anime <_> I think it would be really fun to watch.

I do hope the current Manga Editor is able to continue or another group takes over.

As for anime, I agree it will be better for an anime adaptation considering it is an "action-pack" focused story, at least from the first chapter. :) But it won't happen till the manga reaches its release for a year or two (or longer), and if the series gets popular and if any sponsors will be interested in the investment. But nevertheless, the manga has done well so far (in Japan).


I think I'm kinda in a "new series mood" that I found another one that intrigues me a lot. This series is Sahara the Flower Samurai authored by SHIBATA Yusaku.

When I first saw the title, I laughed out loud (:smile-big) because it sounded so weird and yet funny. What's a flower got to do with a samurai? Or a samurai got to do with flowers? It's just puzzling me till I saw the author's name - a name known to many One Piece's fans. It is none other than Oda's disciple (former assistant, that is). I have read the One Piece spin-off story that he drew and it turned out to be very good. Even his sensei was satisfied with his work. Thus when Shibata came out a new series of his own (again), I thought I would give it a try and it did not disappoint me.

The series started its debut in July 2016 - a monthly series in Shonen Jump GIGA - and two chapters have already been released and good news to us, international readers (yippy!) - they have been scanlated as well (all thanks to MS).

I have just finished reading both chapters and found them to be very good and would like to pen it here to share my thoughts with everyone (anything that is good must be shared :)). I have written a brief summary (or synopsis) of the first chapter for those who are interested and would like to have an idea of what the story is all about.

I'm glad that MS took up the project and I'm looking forward to the next chapter in September.

I hope you will enjoy the series as much as I do - for those who read it. :^_^
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,396
Gender
Male
Country
France
I started reading Oumagadoki Zoo recently.
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Fairy Tail :P
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also I'm looking for a good action manga with good writing and a badass character cast to read. @WithYouInSpirit Since you tend to know some of these , can you recommend any?
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Fairy Tail :P
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also I'm looking for a good action manga with good writing and a badass character cast to read. @WithYouInSpirit Since you tend to know some of these , can you recommend any?
Tower of God: Good for all levels of reading, great wimp to badass transition with the MC, amazing cast and great art
Tokyo Ghoul: It speaks for itself
Red Sprite: A new manga that sets off with some insane fast pacing and action. Give it a read. You'll love it
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Tower of God: Good for all levels of reading, great wimp to badass transition with the MC, amazing cast and great art
Tokyo Ghoul: It speaks for itself
Red Sprite: A new manga that sets off with some insane fast pacing and action. Give it a read. You'll love it
You keep recommending the same things to everyone :p but well, still thanks!
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
Currently reading: Berserk, Isuca, The Memorandum of Kyoko Okitegami

Planning to read: Valkyrie Profile, Flame of Recca(picking up where the anime ended)

I have just read the first chapter of Okitegami Kyouko no Bibouroku and find it so interesting that I have to write everything down. It seems that the series has not taken much notice, and therefore I decide to do a write-up on it to share with everyone.
:occa


This is will be a present specially for you, kira. :^_^

:confetti
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,396
Gender
Male
Country
France
I started and caught up with Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko today. It's pretty fun.

Fairy Tail :P
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also I'm looking for a good action manga with good writing and a badass character cast to read. @WithYouInSpirit Since you tend to know some of these , can you recommend any?
You have a Pitou set so I guess you read HxH already? You should try Nanatsu no Taizai(exactly what you are looking for), Boku no Hero Academia or One Punch Man.
 
Last edited:

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
I started and caught up with Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko today. It's pretty fun.



You have a Pitou set so I guess you read HxH already? You should try Nanatsu no Taizai(exactly what you are looking for), Boku no Hero Academia or One Punch Man.
Yeah, done with the anime, waiting for the hiatus to end before reading ahead (which will be never xD)

I'm waiting for OPM's S2 but thanks for the suggestions!
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Update
Weekly-ish: OP, Magi, SnS, Yakusoku no Neverland, FT
Monthly-ish: Berserk, HxH, OPM, Akatsuki no Yona, Akagami no Shiraykui-hime, Skip Beat,
Daily - Tomo-chan

Have started reading - Vinland Saga
Future will pick up - NNT
 
Last edited:

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
reading holyland. i'm almost half way....
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Been a while since I posted here.

Weekly: One Piece, Boku no Hero Academia, Shokugeki no Soma, Yakosoku no Neverland, Haikyuu, Hinomaru Zumou
Monthly (or so, depends on scans): Vinland Saga, Uchuu Kyodai, Giant Killing
Catching up with: Shingeki no Kyojin, Billy Bat
Still loyal to: Hunter x Hunter, Berserk
Dropped (maybe catch up one day, maybe not): Fairy Tail, Nanatsu no Taizai, Magi
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,396
Gender
Male
Country
France
Been a while since I posted here.

Weekly: One Piece, Boku no Hero Academia, Shokugeki no Soma, Yakosoku no Neverland, Haikyuu, Hinomaru Zumou
Monthly (or so, depends on scans): Vinland Saga, Uchuu Kyodai, Giant Killing
Catching up with: Shingeki no Kyojin, Billy Bat
Still loyal to: Hunter x Hunter, Berserk
Dropped (maybe catch up one day, maybe not): Fairy Tail, Nanatsu no Taizai, Magi
I was hoping for a S2 but perhaps I should start reading Uchuu Kyodai's manga. How many chapters did they adapt in the manga?
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Weekly: Yakusoku no Neverland, Tower of God, Cheese in the Trap, Kubera, The Ruler Of The Land (Bi weekly), Red Storm, Boku no Hero Academia.
Monthly: Hunter x Hunter, Giant Killing.
Daily: Mousou Telepathy
 

Single Soul

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 3, 2016
Messages
32
Reaction score
13
Age
34
Country
United States
I have just finished reading Tokyo Ghoul
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,396
Gender
Male
Country
France
I reread all of TOG S1 as well as a good chunk of the S2. Started reading Yuragisou no Yuuna-san today too.

After that I will probably start reading The Breaker, or try to catch up with the God of High School or The Gamer which I have put on hold.
 

kalliniki

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 31, 2013
Messages
8
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
Greece
I am currently reading Fairy Tail, Magi, One Piece, All Out!! & Days.
I plan on reading Threads of Time, Yamada-kun and 7 Witches (where I have left it off) and Ways of the Jogang Jicheo.
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
I'm currently re-embracing the beautiful story that is Nana.


Does anyone know of any good romance (preferably Josei) to recommend to me?
Something like Nana(I read Paradise Kiss).
I'm not really looking for shounen romance though. So stuff like Kimi no Iru Machi won't really work.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Caught up with Vinland Saga, and reading Vagabond (ch 294). Both great manga. The latter especially is amazing.

I might re-read Berserk and hope that at the end of that we get new chapters :)

Does anyone know of any good romance (preferably Josei) to recommend to me?
Something like Nana(I read Paradise Kiss).
I've only seen the anime of Nana and the best I can recommend are Kids on the Slope and Nodame Cantabile (anime for both because of the music). I wouldn't say that they're very similar to Nana though... just the mature approach to relationships and music...
 
Top