Discussion Alvarez Mages Power Rate - [FINISHED]

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
Yep, can't say I agree with this list at all except for the placements of the top 4 (even then, the scores are still off). Can't wait to have to rank Erza so excited :disappoint

:notamused This explains how I felt going into this and my transition into what I am now.
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
Top 3 went as expected, which is a very good thing. Seeing August number 1 in this thread just gets me more hyped to see him in action. And just look at thats average, damn near perfect.

This was an excellent thread, im kinda bummed that its over.
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Top 3 went as expected, which is a very good thing. Seeing August number 1 in this thread just gets me more hyped to see him in action. And just look at thats average, damn near perfect.

This was an excellent thread, im kinda bummed that its over.
Duuuudeeee I'm having the same feelings :zomg

I'm so fucking hyped for August (ALTHOUGH considering how this is going he might be trolled too :emocat) though at this point, even if he is trolled, I'll be damn happy if it's with a bang because that'll be extremely great compared to what we've been receiving :zomg

August deserves his rightful number 1 position.

And damn dude @BluePegasus you seriously got me pumped for this, great job :zomg Can't wait for the Ishgar one :blush
 

Plutogrim

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2016
Messages
485
Reaction score
583
Age
27
Country
United States
That was predictable I knew August will be number 1.

I'll make sure I participate on the Ishgar ranking.
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Same thing for Ishgar?! Damn im hyped !!
That's going to be interesting, i actually think it will be extremely hard for me place people. We'll see how it turns out.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,977
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Oho look at that difference between August (9.94) and Irene (8.85) and how many people gave him 10. It's almost perfect, 9.94.

My scores (if anyone interested haha) actually: August and Irene 10, Larcade and DiMaria 9, the others 8, Neinhart 7. I know that's not right if we compare one Spriggan to the others, yeah. I was just too generous haha (and there was a misunderstanding as well).

Personally I am more interested in this Spriggan rating than the Ishgar one, but I will still be participating :)
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Good thread fam, everything came out mostly for the best. S12 ranking (going by the power ranking thread) makes sense even if I would maybe switch Bloodman and Brandish's spots.

Top tier: August, Irene, Larcade
High tier: Dimaria, Bloodman (how lol), God Serena
Mid tier: Brandish, Invel, Wall
Low tier: Jacob (still triggered), Ajeel, Neinhart

I'm happy people gave Dimaria the respeck she deserved. This woman is like Ultear, Erza, and Mira in one hot body. Bae is bae. Ishgar ranking will be interesting.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Thanks a lot @BluePegasus for making a fun thread, and also for your work doing the write-ups placings each day (and on time) which made it all the more effective.

I don't agree with the spread of some of the placings, rather than the order. Even though Wall and Serena are 5th and 6th to me they could just be regular Spriggans, DiMaria too. I could have given those 9 all 1's in retrospect - that would've been better. Neinhart being so below 11th, DiMaria being so close to 3rd, and Irene being too far from 1st are probably where I disagree the most... since that goes against the portrayal the most.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Why even bother lol. This was so predictable :nah
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
But even so, nice work Hibiki!
You certainly engaged people.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Well great that August got the first place.

Top 3 are perfect.
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
18,793
Country
United States
What tf @Zelefomavis? Why the heck would you give Irene a 1?

Obvious is obvious, but not seeing August beating Irene w/o DS magic.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Well Jko as people voted this before seeing Irene's Dragon form and seeing Irene's below average performance against Erza and Wendy so August won.
 

Zelefomavis

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2016
Messages
475
Reaction score
1,308
Age
31
Country
France
What tf @Zelefomavis? Why the heck would you give Irene a 1?

Obvious is obvious, but not seeing August beating Irene w/o DS magic.
The last chapters were not out, I did not know what to give her because her feats were so contradicting, and then i was well I don't want to wasge my time trying ro judge, her fight with erza did not wow me at all her performance against Erza was worst than Ajeel's so....
So bam 0 for her (yeah I gave her 0 and it was not allowed so It became a 1).
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,977
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
I wonder, when you guys said "Brandish is X tier Spriggan", "Bradman is Y tier Spriggan", did you take Brandish's self-healing ability and Bradman's last resort move "Let's go to the underworld together" into consideration?
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Thanks a lot for hosting this @BluePegasus, it was awesome! Can't wait for the Ishgar rankings...

I wonder, when you guys said "Brandish is X tier Spriggan", "Bradman is Y tier Spriggan", did you take Brandish's self-healing ability and Bradman's last resort move "Let's go to the underworld together" into consideration?
Good points.

I hadn't actually thought about that for Brandish, that's a pretty useful skill to have. That said, I'm not sure how much it would help with the top-tiers nukes or some of the hax the other Spriggans have.

As for Bradman, I considered it but it's not really a massive pro considering that he has to be dying to use it. I mean, it's useful because he at least has some potential to draw even with his betters, but the requirement of death kinda skews it IMO.
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wonder, when you guys said "Brandish is X tier Spriggan", "Bradman is Y tier Spriggan", did you take Brandish's self-healing ability and Bradman's last resort move "Let's go to the underworld together" into consideration?

Honestly, I did consider Bloodman's suicidal technique, but it wasn't exactly a game changer for me, in this case. I gave Bloodman a relatively high score anyways, but the suicidal technique was not a significant factor in my judgement.

That's because.. although it is a good feat in itself, it does cancel out with the fact that Bloodman has to die himself. It's similar to Iced Shell in that regard.


But, I will also be honest and say that I did not take Brandish's self-healing ability into account. I assumed that Brandish has relatively low durability compared to her peers here.

So even though she could regenerate to a certain extent, I think that her stats will still ultimately cause her to get defeated soon enough. Since her defense is low, I can see her taking way too much damage.. which will prevent her from achieving a higher rank.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Brandish self heal - assuming it can be done - is useless against an attack of DiMaria's strength. So something that Ajeel, August and Irene were able to continue from is something that Brandish seemingly can't. So it's utility is conditional to how bad she's hurt. I did not include this at all.

Bloodman's suicide move didn't factor in for me.
 

Star Frost

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
2,380
Reaction score
4,638
Country
United States
Brandish self heal - assuming it can be done - is useless against an attack of DiMaria's strength. So something that Ajeel, August and Irene were able to continue from is something that Brandish seemingly can't. So it's utility is conditional to how bad she's hurt. I did not include this at all.

Bloodman's suicide move didn't factor in for me.
I thought she purposely didn't heal herself thinking she should die and afterwards confirmed to hesitate in doing so.:( Not to mention she did shrunk Mira's wound from August attack nor noted the limits when it comes to altering wounds sizes so....
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I thought she purposely didn't heal herself thinking she should die and afterwards confirmed to hesitate in doing so.:( Not to mention she did shrunk Mira's wound from August attack nor noted the limits when it comes to altering wounds sizes so....
Naw, it was just a deep flesh wound which is why should couldn't heal it immediately. She was just talking in rhetoric when she said that, saying she was confused.
 

Laxus chan-yo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
590
Reaction score
2,635
Age
36
Country
Abu Dhabi
This is the one true list mang (:pwnge):

1. August - 10

2. Eileen - 9
3. Larcade - 8.5

4. Dimaria - 8
5. Serena - 8

6. Ajeel - 7
7. Wahl - 7
8. Invel - 7
9. Bradman - 7

10. Brandish - 6
11. Jacob - 5.5

12. Neinheart - 4

I also divided it into groups of people on similar level.
 
Top