Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Between those, I like HZ, Yuuna and Saiki, haven't read Samon-kun yet and I REALLY dislike Gintama. Hope it's Gintama, but I think it's only going to end later this year, so I hope Samon-kun dies first. Also, why isn't Isobee an option?
Isobe is at the back of the magazine just like Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar from 2000-2010. It is unranked you could say that.
 
Last edited:

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
I guess they'll be cancelling 4 and filling WTs spot. HZ is showing no signs of wrapping up as of the latest chapter. unless it's Samon or Saiki, but I dunno. Don't see why they're they're bothering with Spring Weapon. It's sales weren't even close to Amalgrams. It was considerably worse than the 15-20k sellers even...

Am I the only one that thinks Saiki should take Isobees spot? The series would work just fine with less pages, and Isobee seems kinda in Limbo now. Would make way for a better series.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
The Soma popularity poll got 25,919 votes in total.
Results:
1. Erina Nakiri - 3350 votes
2. Hisako Arato - 3081 votes
3. Alice Nakiri - 3042 votes
4. Soma Yukihira - 2795 votes
5. Megumi Tadokoro - 1862 votes
6. Kojiro Shinomiya - 1669 votes
7. Rindou Kobayashi - 1353 votes
8. Takumi Aldini - 1207 votes
9. Ikumi Mito - 743 votes
10. Akira Hayama - 737 votes
 

RubyR91

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2015
Messages
126
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
The Soma popularity poll got 25,919 votes in total.
Results:
1. Erina Nakiri - 3350 votes
2. Hisako Arato - 3081 votes
3. Alice Nakiri - 3042 votes
4. Soma Yukihira - 2795 votes
5. Megumi Tadokoro - 1862 votes
6. Kojiro Shinomiya - 1669 votes
7. Rindou Kobayashi - 1353 votes
8. Takumi Aldini - 1207 votes
9. Ikumi Mito - 743 votes
10. Akira Hayama - 737 votes
Wow, it's pretty rare when the main protagonist isn't at least in the top 3. It's ok though because best girl is in 1st.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Wow, it's pretty rare when the main protagonist isn't at least in the top 3. It's ok though because best girl is in 1st.
I find it great when things like that happens and side characters dominate the poll, it just means the author knows how to built characters beside the mc.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
I am Late.....
Glad to see Spring Weapon high....and finally Amalgam & Demon's Plan End,I'm sure That no one care about them....
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Demon's Plan got axed ten times harder than Red Sprite. I wonder if one of the new series will get axed even harder than both of them.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I wouldn't mind a reboot of Rurouni Kenshin mainly because I still haven't read or watched it even after being told to watch it by my friend for a couple of years now. Would definitely give me a good reason to watch it if it starts from the beginning.

Do you have a link to the article? I couldn't find it myself.
I didn't find the MAPPA part, but I found the part saying Fujita decided on cuting the anime
http://i.imgur.com/Q9nYjKf.jpg
Translation credit : EasyGo-er at myanimelist

Fujita sensei is credited as "series structure", but what part exactly are you playing?

Fujita: I let them let me decide which parts of the the story to adapt and not adapt. I did that specifically because I wanted to see Ushio and Tora defeat Hakumen no Mono. I proposed it from the start. Cut the unnecessary episodes, and make it a story that goes directly to "Hakumen". Instead it was the anime staff who said "wait a minute"! (laughs)

They didn't want to cut it? (laughs)

Fujita: Exactly. "It's a waste to cut out stories", "I want to do it like the source material" etc. But I felt that, having such a great opportunity, with such great staff, under these circunstances, if I didn't get to Hakumen I would never get another chance for the rest of my life.
Therefore, this time, I made a structure like the Beast Spear, flying straight towards the strogest enemy. There may be fans who will think, "why didn't they do that part!?", but it's all my choice.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Shosekiranking upload last week ranking :
1 - One Piece 84
2 - My Hero Academia 12
8 - The Promised Neverland 02
22- One Piece 83
26- Hinomaru Zumou 13
46- Sesuji wo Pin! to 09
48- Promised Neverland 01
122- Ibitsu no Amalgam 01
188- Kimetsu no Yaiba 04
193- Kimetsu no Yaiba 01
195- Kimetsu no Yaiba 02
205- Kimetsu no Yaiba 03
237- Spring Weapon Number One 01
30位16350/50位11750/100位7100/200位4400/300位3100/400位2350/500位2050

The first two volumes of Neverland manage to get in Top 50..
 

SoldadoInvernal

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2016
Messages
41
Reaction score
7
Age
26
Country
Brazil
Neverland with two volumes in the top 50 <3
And Ibitsu selling more than Spring Weapon. Wow.
 

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
That Souma poll , BS .. Alice is the real number 1 :/ , R.I.P DP .
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
So Ive been looking through the TOCs all the way back to 1999 and thought I'd point out a few interesting things I noticed.
- Only 2 series ranked 1st in their first ranking in that time. Eyeshield in 2002, and Hinomaru Zumou in 2014. Not AC, Naruto, Death Note or Toriko. Just those 2.
- in 2008-2009, there were so many hits, a few series didn't even get covers for their first chapters. Bakuman got a lead colour, but only got the cover in its second issue. To Love Ru didn't get a single cover until quite a bit later on, just a lead colour. Also found it funny how Bakuman made it seem like a series has to get in the top 3 on its first ranking to be considered a success, yet it got 6th XD.
- There were also so many hits that the Covers usually got given to one series, and the Lead Colours to another. That hardly ever happens now...
- The series that got the earliest second covers in that time were Ichigo 100% (On its first ranking), Sand Land (On its 3rd chapter), and Jojo part 6 (1wk before its first rank).
- I might have missed something, but Sket Dance seemed to be the worst ranking series at the start to go on to be a success. It was bottom 5 for 10 or so chapters before jumping.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
May be a dumb question, but was Sand Land a mini series or was t just axed
 

UnspokenCoconut

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2013
Messages
51
Reaction score
45
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Republic
...
- in 2008-2009, there were so many hits, a few series didn't even get covers for their first chapters. Bakuman got a lead colour, but only got the cover in its second issue. To Love Ru didn't get a single cover until quite a bit later on, just a lead colour. Also found it funny how Bakuman made it seem like a series has to get in the top 3 on its first ranking to be considered a success, yet it got 6th XD.
Hurm, isn't that WT got first in the ranking but it never got put at 1st position in the ToC?
 
Last edited:

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
The Soma popularity poll got 25,919 votes in total.
Results:
1. Erina Nakiri - 3350 votes
2. Hisako Arato - 3081 votes
3. Alice Nakiri - 3042 votes
4. Soma Yukihira - 2795 votes
5. Megumi Tadokoro - 1862 votes
6. Kojiro Shinomiya - 1669 votes
7. Rindou Kobayashi - 1353 votes
8. Takumi Aldini - 1207 votes
9. Ikumi Mito - 743 votes
10. Akira Hayama - 737 votes
Hisako's second? Huh..... Would it be too much for me to hope SouHisa gets another moment?
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
I thought MHA also got 1st place on it's first chapter ranking, or one of the first chapters.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought MHA also got 1st place on it's first chapter ranking, or one of the first chapters.
Nope, I think the only series that got 1st place in its first chapter ranking was Eyeshield 21, Since it began MHA has never left the top .
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Nope, I think the only series that got 1st place in its first chapter ranking was Eyeshield 21, Since it began MHA has never left the top .
Also Hinamuro
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top