Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
>on twitter the president of the gaming company that makes Naruto games posted a sketch of Ichigo drawn by one of his employees
>Bleach tards take it as a sign that the anime is returning
>they flock to his account and bug him about it and Jaymes tells his fans to show their supports to the tweet and make some noise
>dude delete the tweet

FUCKING COMEDY GOLD

 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
>on twitter the president of the gaming company that makes Naruto games posted a sketch of Ichigo drawn by one of his employees
>Bleach tards take it as a sign that the anime is returning
>they flock to his account and bug him about it and Jaymes tells his fans to show their supports to the tweet and make some noise
>dude delete the tweet

FUCKING COMEDY GOLD


That was all a scheme to hide the fact that they are making a Blue Flag game
Bleach fans useful as always
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
That damn Jump and their damn conspiracies

they took away Kubo's smile
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Poro's art is pleasant. I think it's really cute. This could be a nice series.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Estimated Sales (Oricon + Weekly POS)

10 days:

14,212 Ibitsu no Amalgam 1
11,120 iShoujo+ 11
10,635 Emperor to Issho 3
*8,067 Spring Weapon Number One 1
*7,560 Tenjin 6

44 days:

396,386 Shokugeki no Souma 21
279,997 Gintama 67
235,560 Toriko 43
157,489 World's End Harem 2
132,996 Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan 19

73 days:

807,022 Haikyuu!! 24
347,391 Boruto: Naruto Next Generations 2
343,570 World Trigger 17
182,029 Black Clover 9
124,464 Yakusoku no Neverland 1
*76,003 Kimetsu no Yaiba 4
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
10 days:

14,212 Ibitsu no Amalgam 1
*8,067 Spring Weapon Number One 1
I really cannot see how Jump will keep Spring Weapon. Sure that 4th ranking was insane, but the sales are worse than the 'unfantastic four' on their first volumes, and by a lot. It's not like they need more comedies either... They've got 4 others not counting the new series.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
TOC #12
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Why the heck is he still continuing to do iShojo if it barely sells more than 10k after 11 volumes? He just be starved, I heard you need 100k sales a year just to make the average wage of a salary man.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Black Clover selling almost 200k? Omg... After the anime this will skyrocket.

Maybe... And just maybe... Poro will be the best of the 3 rookies new serializations... It's definitely not what the cover shows.

This is a gag/action series. Poro have STUPID superpowers... Some moments were very funny and others... Not so much.

There's a scene (a la One Punch Man) were he forces two other demons back into their realm that is very nice

There's another one were he creates a fucking supernova (or black hole or wtv) that engulfs the entire city.

I like the balance of the action / gag though. We could have something here.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Black Clover needs its OP done by the Orange Range.
I second this. Those guys best suit BC's stylised drawing anyway.
I would third this but... Orange Range is on indefinite hiatus since 2014 (As it seems)...

Any famous band to me would be nice. Flow, Back-on, AKFG, Nico Touches the Walls, Rookiez is Punk'd...
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Black Clover selling almost 200k? Omg... After the anime this will skyrocket.

Maybe... And just maybe... Poro will be the best of the 3 rookies new serializations... It's definitely not what the cover shows.

This is a gag/action series. Poro have STUPID superpowers... Some moments were very funny and others... Not so much.

There's a scene (a la One Punch Man) were he forces two other demons back into their realm that is very nice

There's another one were he creates a fucking supernova (or black hole or wtv) that engulfs the entire city.

I like the balance of the action / gag though. We could have something here.
It definitely reminded me of OPM. Some of the gags were nice and the way the demon world was presented was pretty hilarious. I didn't think it was amazing, but it has potential. It didn't quite have enough substance for my liking though. Will be interesting to see how this turns out anyway.
 

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK , BC last chapter started very cringy but turned into a next level joke , inb4 the next few chapters will be full of yelling and friends stuff , not like anything new xD.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK , BC last chapter started very cringy but turned into a next level joke , inb4 the next few chapters will be full of yelling and friends stuff , not like anything new xD.
At least we now have more then one OP magic in BC, that is if what the chapter before when Asta bonded with the anti-magic and causes all magic to be nullified before him doesn't include the Witch Queens inside of him. We may actually get some side character action now next chapter so the whole yelling thing can be over looked possible if it goes that way, though the friendship thing may not occur to which I'd personally be happy if it didn't or at least not some cheese thing like some other series (I'm calling you out Fairy Tail).
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
At least we now have more then one OP magic in BC, that is if what the chapter before when Asta bonded with the anti-magic and causes all magic to be nullified before him doesn't include the Witch Queens inside of him. We may actually get some side character action now next chapter so the whole yelling thing can be over looked possible if it goes that way, though the friendship thing may not occur to which I'd personally be happy if it didn't or at least not some cheese thing like some other series (I'm calling you out Fairy Tail).
I'mo not much of a defender of Fairy Tail, but I remember a comment here that said that in Fairy Tail, the friendship speech is more cliche than in Black Clover. While I agree with it, in Fairy Tail the reader has dozens of chapters where the characters and character interactions(even if they're not AAA material) have been developing, so it's more justified for any FT member to say the speech. You only say that it's worse than BC to be cool in front of others.

BC lacks any character development or character interactions to believe Asta's friendship speeches, or the fact that he calls them "friends or valuable companions"
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'mo not much of a defender of Fairy Tail, but I remember a comment here that said that in Fairy Tail, the friendship speech is more cliche than in Black Clover. While I agree with it, in Fairy Tail the reader has dozens of chapters where the characters and character interactions(even if they're not AAA material) have been developing, so it's more justified for any FT member to say the speech. You only say that it's worse than BC to be cool in front of others.

BC lacks any character development or character interactions to believe Asta's friendship speeches, or the fact that he calls them "friends or valuable companions"
No I don't really care much for Fairy Tail because of all the friendship speeches it has in it along with the random power ups that come with said speeches. I'm not trying to say that it's not justifiable for the speech to be made only that they do it to often even for a Shounen that is suppose to coming across that friendship is important to have, especially when most of the story battle wise relies sole on the Super plot armor known as friend-power to end the fight.
 

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
At least we now have more then one OP magic in BC, that is if what the chapter before when Asta bonded with the anti-magic and causes all magic to be nullified before him doesn't include the Witch Queens inside of him. We may actually get some side character action now next chapter so the whole yelling thing can be over looked possible if it goes that way, though the friendship thing may not occur to which I'd personally be happy if it didn't or at least not some cheese thing like some other series (I'm calling you out Fairy Tail).
Yeah thats what I meant , they will be fighting him and he will **** all of them , unless captains interferes (which i'm hoping for) and then they will start yelling at him to fight the darkness and remind him of their friendship and he will start crying and the fight will be over.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I have no opinion on BC's friendship speeches compared to FT cause I'm not starting it till the anime airs but in the case of FT it's just the norm and a major theme of the show. I think the most cringy speeches comes from Erza which are more annoying than anyone else's in the entire show but Skelly's point is right and I would agree with it even if I wasn't a big fan of FT. It's been a day 1 thing plus with character development to me it's easier to swallow at times, not all the time though. It's whatever, every show has PoF boosts in power, some times you like it and some times you don't. Can't get mad when it's used cause it's a shonen trope.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm a big fan of American comics as well. And there's a cool Easter egg in a new issue of Super Sons that came out this week. Apparently Superman's son is a big fan of Dragon Ball and Naruto and has posters on the wall. Thought I'd share
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I'm a big fan of American comics as well. And there's a cool Easter egg in a new issue of Super Sons that came out this week. Apparently Superman's son is a big fan of Dragon Ball and Naruto and has posters on the wall. Thought I'd share
There is a comic issue that has deadpool saying he wants to become a hokage.
------------------------------------------------------
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top