Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 127 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoyoboyo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
totaly true bra jump won't keep up with the Togashi shi3t. I mean the guy cant even draw!
True. The only thing he seems to know how to draw is cooked turkey!

If you actually have to ask that then you've just lost any last shred of credibility you had left in this thread.
I don't think he had much credibility with the recent "discussion" that occurred.

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's so funny people talking credibility here when it's pretty much an opinion thread xD

If you don't agree with the "status quo" of irrelevant series in jump, you're discredit

hahaha.

I will LOVE to see all your beloved series canceled with the biggest ever "hate to say I told you so face" xD

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It's so funny people talking credibility here when it's pretty much an opinion thread xD

If you don't agree with the "status quo" of irrelevant series in jump, you're discredit

hahaha.

I will LOVE to see all your beloved series canceled with the biggest ever "hate to say I told you so face" xD
I don't give a fuck about that other discussion.
My issue is you talking like some kind of authority yet you can't tell an obviously fake click bait bullshit for what it is.
Wy would it show up there first rather than a Japanese website? No discussion on 2ch but hey, some 14 year old American kids blog has the scoop!

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't give a fuck about that other discussion.
My issue is you talking like some kind of authority yet you can't tell an obviously fake click bait bullshit.
Plus, why would it show up there first rather than a Japanese website? No discussion on 2ch but hey, some 14 year old American kid has the scoop!
That's exactly why I asked... Is it some kind of crime or sin? I don't follow 2ch or japanese websites but some people here does. Why you're so annoyed by a simple question?

And again, EVERYTHING I said here are not facts, they are merely my opinions... You just seem to take them in high account to had to answer this kind of thing xD

If you don't care about the discussion or think the question is stupid. Don't answer it.

savethecat

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

hahaha.

I think the problem more so is that you don't word things in a subjective matter. You word things objectively a lot of the time.

For exp, in this particular post you call them "irrelevant series" as if it's a matter of fact that nobody cares about the series you consider irrelevant.

Not saying that you're intentionally doing this, but it sure does comes across as you doing this the way some of your post are worded

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think the problem more so is that you don't word things in a subjective matter. You word things objectively a lot of the time.

For exp, in this particular post you call them "irrelevant series" as if it's a matter of fact that nobody cares about the series you consider irrelevant.

Not saying that you're intentionally doing this, but it sure does comes across as you doing this the way some of your post are worded
That makes sense... I'll refrain myself from here on then. Thanks.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol @ this thread nowadays :eyeroll. I have no idea what to think of Demon's Plan ending but I think I liked it. I understand the pacing problems Mammo explained to me but idk, guess too many shonen troupes forced together that didn't mesh well with Japanese readers.

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
Totally off topic (and sorry to disrupt a good discussion) but...

Is this true?

https://nerds4lifeblog.com/2017/02/16/deadline-has-been-given-to-yoshihiro-togashi-for-chapter-361/
Even though it's most likely not true, would it really be so terrible if it was? Given his track record of long winded hiatuses along with some sketchy (but still plausible) medical problems I could see Shounen Jump giving him a deadline that could give some kind of end to HxH to appease fans so their not left in limbo about the story, or it's a business move for them, since the magazines recent loss of some top sellers, to help pick sales back up. I'm not a doctor so the validate of any medical issues Togashi is having is up for debate at this point.

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
That's exactly why I asked... Is it some kind of crime or sin? I don't follow 2ch or japanese websites but some people here does. Why you're so annoyed by a simple question?

And again, EVERYTHING I said here are not facts, they are merely my opinions... You just seem to take them in high account to had to answer this kind of thing xD

If you don't care about the discussion or think the question is stupid. Don't answer it.
Use common sense. Clickbait bullshit like that is so obvious.
It's from some random blog that gives us no reason to believe it. This person just made up a story.
It wastes space here because we should (at least did) know all better.

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Lol @ this thread nowadays :eyeroll. I have no idea what to think of Demon's Plan ending but I think I liked it. I understand the pacing problems Mammo explained to me but idk, guess too many shonen troupes forced together that didn't mesh well with Japanese readers.
To me the final chapter was the best of the series lol.

Even though it's most likely not true, would it really be so terrible if it was? Given his track record of long winded hiatuses along with some sketchy (but still plausible) medical problems I could see Shounen Jump giving him a deadline that could give some kind of end to HxH to appease fans so their not left in limbo about the story, or it's a business move for them, since the magazines recent loss of some top sellers, to help pick sales back up. I'm not a doctor so the validate of any medical issues Togashi is having is up for debate at this point.
Yeah, it's pretty much false... The thing is, it's not fair with other authors for him to keep doing this. Especially with authors that were moved from the magazine for health issues as well. Why Togashi deserves better treatment? D. Gray Man used to sell as good as HxH in the old days (it still sells a lot and even received an anime [a very fast paced one, but still an anime]) and Katsura was moved.

There's no reason at all to keep this series on JUMP.

Rica_Patin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
How the fuck is it sketchy? Because some YouTuber told you it was?
Japanese are private people, TogashI's health is none of anybodys concern but himself. Stop looking at it from an invasive western perspective.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Anyways, I feel like a lot of the art in last batch of chapters were done by Naoki and assistants.
TogashI is probably going to take a bit more of a backseat on the art when he comes back.

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Japanese are private people, TogashI's health is none of anybodys concern but himself. Stop looking at it from an invasive western perspective.
Anyways, I feel like a lot of the art in last batch of chapters were done by Naoki and assistants.
TogashI is probably going to take a bit more of a backseat on the art when he comes back.
That's what he should do... Just focus on the story and let other people draw... He already showed us (at the turkey page) that he could not care less with the weekly version since he can "make things right" with the volume version.

Assuming, obviously, that he cares about something these days.

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wasn't looking at it in an invasive way. I've read on here that some people don't believe that his medical issues and I've also read that some people do believe he has medical issues thats why I wrote it as sketchy ( yet still plausible). I know it's none of my business to know his health problems.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
There is absolutely no way D.Gray-Man is a million seller, maybe ~700k-800k max
Here is the "known" sale since 2008 (around the time of her injured wrist).

101,918 *,442,961 D.Gray-man vol.17
156,739 *,400,788 D.Gray-man vol.19
041,141 *,382,501 D.Gray-man vol.20
148,236 *,363,413 D.Gray-man vol.21
057,539 *,352,866 D.Gray-man Vol.25 - latest volume
288,592 939,409 Hunter x Hunter Vol.33

D.Gray Man has 22,500,000 million copies in print as of volume 24, 60% consider sold so around 600k-700k more or less.

vampire killer

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Dude D.Gray-man is pure trash and the manga failed big time in jump.

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
What's everyone's overall impression on the latest batch of new manga, placing personal taste in manga aside and viewing it as someone who has only read a limited number of manga? Since no one knows how editors meetings go, myself included, I'm just to guessing that a question like this is how they base things. Also I think it be a good discussion so we can see which way Shounen Jump is headed in general terms at least.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
True. The only thing he seems to know how to draw is cooked turkey!

I don't think he had much credibility with the recent "discussion" that occurred.
Hope that's sarcasm and the art is redone for volumes.
What makes you say that about taking a backseat? I think the art quality will remain the same. He's putting a lot of effort into making this arc than before.

Kave

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
D. Gray Man used to sell as good as HxH in the old days (it still sells a lot and even received an anime [a very fast paced one, but still an anime]) and Katsura was moved.

There's no reason at all to keep this series on JUMP.
DGM v1~4: 2 million copies in print
HxH v1~4: 3.7 million copies in print

DGM v1~10: 8 million
HxH v1~10: 16.9 million

DGM v1~15: 13 million
HxH v1~15: 26 million

At least try to get your facts straight before posting nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.