I said: "as good as" not the same as... I was trying to say that there's no point on moving a high selling series from the magazine and others don't.
Like shueisha clearly does with WT and HxH.
But yeah... Like the defenders of romcom... We now have the Togashi defenders... Because he give two flying shits of fuck to its readers releasing OUTSTANDING art quality and WEEKLY chapters...
It should be. HxH is way better tham DGM. But this does not give Shueisha the right to move DGM from the magazine and let WT and HxH stay
They pretty much do this because are unable to serialize constant and good new series (at the time D Gray Man was in jump they had way more 300k+ series being ranked). That's also why spin off series in V-JUMP and JUMP+ are overflowing. That's ALSO why they are doing Boruto, Dragon Ball super and other stupid continuation of good manga. Because they are obviously unable to create something new and good as the old stuff.
That's exactly why I have this "based" opinion on why I prefer "veteran" (and I will be using the " from here on) over "rookies".
G_I_A is the new Sharkbait? I don't know why you argue with him, he doesn't even know what he says. One post he says something and in the next he says the opposite...
It is. Is it a fact though? I don't have this information. I'm not a particular fan of any of the series though. I just think that since JUMP has "strict rules to "renew" (now that's funny) it's line up, why let authors that clearly CAN'T serialize weekly (despite health problems, their personal preferences, or clearly because they don't give a fuck to its readers) stay that way?
Start saying that the publisher has the right upon the series and they can do whatever they want of it between moving and cancelling it at their discretion.
About the people defending Togashi breaks with health issues. There was even said in majority of his breaks that he was sick at all? Or are you using the second to latest break, where it was explicitly told that he had a surgery and back problems?
I hope people aren't assuming and are happy with the justification that a Millionaire worked only the equivalent of 5 to 7 years during 19 years, because of back pain.
And I hope people don't make the mistake of projecting one break justification for all the numerous others previous to that one.
Start saying that the publisher has the right upon the series and they can do whatever they want of it between moving and cancelling it at their discretion.
That's not the point... They obviously can do whatever they want... I want the logic behind it... If we use your argument there's no point at all for the TOC system, the number of sales, or whatever...
About the people defending Togashi breaks with health issues. There was even said in majority of his breaks that he was sick at all? Or are you using the previous break to this one, where it was explicitly told that he had a surgery and back problems?
I hope people aren't assuming and are happy with the justification that a Millionaire worked only the equivalent of 5 to 7 years during 19 years, because of back pain.
And I hope people don't make the mistake of projecting one break justification for all the numerous others previous to that one.
That's not the point... They obviously can do whatever they want... I want the logic behind it... If we use your argument there's no point at all for the TOC system, the number of sales, or whatever...
The logic behind it is quite simple in fact. First The author of D. Gray Man was, and is, with big health problems. I even believe that her has a chronic sickness. Togashi wasn't. So he didn't needed a slower schedule and a less demanding magazine to be able to do its job.
Second, Togashi was already a privileged author, while D. Gray Man was just a newbie. Many people forget, or don't even know, but HxH is Togashi 3rd manga in Weekly Shonen Jump. Previous to it Togashi did Level-E, a Weekly Shonen Jump series with a Monthly schedule. Just like Boruto.
Basically Togashi was already a "Big 3" era author and had another "relative" big success in the magazine.
It is. Is it a fact though? I don't have this information. I'm not a particular fan of any of the series though. I just think that since JUMP has "strict rules to "renew" (now that's funny) it's line up, why let authors that clearly CAN'T serialize weekly (despite health problems, their personal preferences, or clearly because they don't give a fuck to its readers) stay that way?
I agree that series on constant hiatuses shouldn't stay in the magazine. However, I don't think WT has been on enough long hiatuses to criticize it. But I do actually think they'll move it if this continues(and it probably will given the author's condition isn't one that someone simply has a instantaneous recovery to).
With HxH I think it's understandable why they keep it in the magazine. It's HUGE and a mega seller. This isn't just a jump thing, but a thing in the entertainment world in general. Business will cater to you when you're bring them big money.
Although one could argue that it would be a smarter business move to move it to a lesser selling magazine to bring in more sales, but who knows what the situation with Togashi is. Either way I can understand why they don't move it even if I don't necessarily agree
The logic behind it is quite simple in fact. First The author of D. Gray Man was, and is, with big health problems. I even believe that her has a chronic sickness. Togashi wasn't. So he didn't needed a slower schedule and a less demanding magazine to be able to do its job.
Second, Togashi was already a privileged author, while D. Gray Man was just a newbie. Many people forget, or don't even know, but HxH is Togashi 3rd manga in Weekly Shonen Jump. Previous to it Togashi did Level-E, a Weekly Shonen Jump series with a Monthly schedule. Just like Boruto.
Basically Togashi was already a "Big 3" era author and had another "relative" big success in the magazine.
Yes, I read (don't remeber where) that she has serious health issues. And yeah Togashi is a "veteran" and Katsura was a "rookie" (hahahahahaha). But what about Daisuke? Isn't he a "rookie" as well? Why he has also this benefit? (if you don't want to use my opinion)
I agree that series on constant hiatuses shouldn't stay in the magazine. However, I don't think WT has been on enough long hiatuses to criticize it. But I do actually think they'll move it if this continues(and it probably will given the author's condition isn't one that someone simply has a instantaneous recovery to).
With HxH I think it's understandable why they keep it in the magazine. It's HUGE and a mega seller. This isn't just a jump thing, but a thing in the entertainment world in general. Business will cater to you when you're bring them big money.
Although one could argue that it would be a smarter business move to move it to a lesser selling magazine to bring in more sales, but who knows what the situation with Togashi is. Either way I can understand why they don't move it even if I don't necessarily agree
That's pretty much the same doubt I have. I understand there's a lot of money involved and that's pretty much what we need to understand it... But I still think it would be best for all parts involved to simply move the series to a monthly, bimonthly, damn, even a yearly magazine... Instead of taking a spot in JUMP.
Yes, I read (don't remeber where) that she has serious health issues. And yeah Togashi is a "veteran" and Katsura was a "rookie" (hahahahahaha). But what about Daisuke? Isn't he a "rookie" as well? Why he has also this benefit? (if you don't want to use my opinion)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
That's pretty much the same doubt I have. I understand there's a lot of money involved and that's pretty much what we need to understand it... But I still think it would be best for all parts involved to simply move the series to a monthly, bimonthly, damn, even a yearly magazine... Instead of taking a spot in JUMP.
Is important to understand that it took some time and many hiatus before D.Gray Man author changed to Jump Square. Only after 5 years where she had made the work of around 3.5 years(17 volumes), and her health situation got worse, that she changed to Jump Square.
World Trigger author has right now also 3.5 years worth of content(17 volumes) and 5 years of work. So if Shueisha decides to functions the same way, they will announce that World Trigger will return in Jump Square.
Also is important to know that D. Gray Man started to get horrible rankings in the TOC due to those many hiatus. World Trigger opposite to that had way better in comparison.
Is important to understand that it took some time and many hiatus before D.Gray Man author changed to Jump Square. Only after 5 years where she had made the work of around 3.5 years(17 volumes), and her health situation got worse, that she changed to Jump Square.
World Trigger author has right now also 3.5 years worth of content(17 volumes) and 5 years of work. So if Shueisha decides to functions the same way, they will announce that World Trigger will return in Jump Square.
Also is important to know that D. Gray Man started to get horrible rankings in the TOC due to those many hiatus. World Trigger opposite to that had way better in comparison.
Yep, 4 years working in Yu Yu Hakusho destroyed his body to a level of lasting effects for the next 23 years.
There is no info about his body health after Yu Yu Hakusho.
Even about health problems he had during the Yu Yu Hakusho time were all related with lack of sleep and overwork. Those are obviously no permanent health problems, specially not for consequences 2 decades after it.
His condition isn't the best "right now" for what we know. The 20 years in between YYH and his Hiatus officially because of health problems, are unknown.
He also didn't seemed to think his body had any problems when he promised(kinda), in the 1st volume of HxH, that he would work consistently this time.
I don't know, but the anime was definetly highly popular and increased significantly the sales of the manga and improved the rankings when it was airing.
There's been an update to our forum rules to broaden crediting/sourcing to all series news/announcement, etc. Please read HERE
To manage thread loading speeds and general user experience, we'd apppreciate if volume covers could be wrapped in spoiler threads, going forward. If you have any questions, reach out to a staff member. Thanks for your cooperation.
We use cookies
Essential cookies keep the site working. Analytics cookies help us improve.