Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Speaking of animes, when is Black Clover's dropping?
No date has been given. Hell, we barely know anything about the anime yet.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Okay you triggered me mister. How the hell BnHA 2nd season is going to lose on BC of all series? I give you SnK but Inayashi? Isn't that CG that alone undermine it. BnHA second season is going to cover at least Sports Festival + Stain arc and these arc's pretty much better than every BC arc on both writing and giving pure hype. Every BC arc is all mediocre till now and the latest arc show's how bad Tabata writing is.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Okay you triggered me mister. How the hell BnHA 2nd season is going to lose on BC of all series? I give you SnK but Inayashi? Isn't that CG that alone undermine it. BnHA second season is going to cover at least Sports Festival + Stain arc and these arc's pretty much better than every BC arc on both writing and giving pure hype. Every BC arc is all mediocre till now and the latest arc show's how bad Tabata writing is.
If you haven't learned by now man its pointless arguing something like this. The man thinks Black Clover and Inuyashiki will be better than MHA, all power too him
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I agree with that but I was under the impression that the first arc was going to be in the OVA that was aired at Jump Festa
No, generally the ovas from jump festas are just a "fanservice" to promote the series. It happened with Toriko for example. The anime from studio pierrot (same that worked with Naruto) will probably be from ground up.

Based MHA fans... That's why you felt depressed after the end of season 1 ;/

Okay you triggered me mister. How the hell BnHA 2nd season is going to lose on BC of all series? I give you SnK but Inayashi? Isn't that CG that alone undermine it. BnHA second season is going to cover at least Sports Festival + Stain arc and these arc's pretty much better than every BC arc on both writing and giving pure hype. Every BC arc is all mediocre till now and the latest arc show's how bad Tabata writing is.
Well I'm not saying it's gonna happen, I said it's possible and IF they screw things up like they did with season 1, which is by NO MEANS the best animation of 2016.

I'm obviously not saying this will happen but would be funny to see MHA fans dying from inside out =) (like they did with season 1 which I personally not liked that much)

And... If Black Clover can sell now as good as (Again AS GOOD AS, not the same or EQUAL) MHA by the time the anime was announced.. If it can win first position in toc... WHY the anime can't be better? Just asking =)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
If you haven't learned by now man its pointless arguing something like this. The man thinks Black Clover and Inuyashiki will be better than MHA, all power too him
"Because I'm a hardcore MHA fan and I want it DESPERATELY it to sell 1 million copies or such" haha. So funny.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No, generally the ovas from jump festas are just a "fanservice" to promote the series. It happened with Toriko for example. The anime from studio pierrot (same that worked with Naruto) will probably be from ground up.



Based MHA fans... That's why you felt depressed after the end of season 1 ;/



Well I'm not saying it's gonna happen, I said it's possible and IF they screw things up like they did with season 1, which is by NO MEANS the best animation of 2016.

I'm obviously not saying this will happen but would be funny to see MHA fans dying from inside out =)

And... If Black Clover can sell now as good as (Again AS GOOD AS, not the same or EQUAL) MHA by the time the anime was announced.. If it can win first position in toc... WHY the anime can't be better? Just asking =)
Pretty sure Black Clover doesn't sell anywhere near MHA atm. And even if it does miraculously manage to generate more popularity and sales than MHA then

1. Nothings touching One Piece so I'm Gucci
2. Congrats and move on, no point creating some pointless rivalry
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Okay you triggered me mister. How the hell BnHA 2nd season is going to lose on BC of all series? I give you SnK but Inayashi? Isn't that CG that alone undermine it. BnHA second season is going to cover at least Sports Festival + Stain arc and these arc's pretty much better than every BC arc on both writing and giving pure hype. Every BC arc is all mediocre till now and the latest arc show's how bad Tabata writing is.
This is your opinion/observation.

The other one is also G_I_A's opinion.Whether you agree or disagree or not there is no point to trigger.If you are trigger by his opinion then you need to relax a little bit.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
"Because I'm a hardcore MHA fan and I want it DESPERATELY it to sell 1 million copies or such" haha. So funny.
No (not sure what your talking about. Nobody is salty lol) its pointless just arguing quality when it comes to things imo. Everything's just gonna end with "this is my point opinion, can't stand x or y and such" they're pointless unless you just love being a keyboard warrior and love to trigger people with continuous debates
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Pretty sure Black Clover doesn't sell anywhere near MHA atm. And even if it does miraculously manage to generate more popularity and sales than MHA then

1. Nothings touching One Piece so I'm Gucci
2. Congrats and move on, no point creating some pointless rivalry
1 - Yes, not ATM. I said by the time the anime was announced.
2 - I'm not the one triggered... Again...

It seems that everything I said (that is pretty much out of the box) cause you guys to LOSE YOUR MINDS.

Since you like numbers...

1 - "Everybody" said that BC would flop... Think again.
2 - Everybody said that BC would never hit top 3... It fights with MHA, HQ and One Piece neck to neck.
3 - Everybody said BC would not sell... It's selling very well.

Again... Why it can't be a good anime? Somebody here said that TSE is good. It's the same damn studio... They did Naruto (which is a fine anime, despite the fillers) they did Bleach, they did Beelzebub... Why can't it be good? Because you guys don't want to?

And I'M THE PESSIMIST? Come on...

But ok... Moving on... Second chapter of U19 is an even bigger failure. Rip.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
No its pointless just arguing quality when it comes to things imo. Everything's just gonna end with "this is my point opinion, can't stand x or y and such" they're pointless unless you just love being a keyboard warrior and love to trigger people with continuous debates
Ok but "LOL" "if you didn't get by this time" are not opinions. You're just trying to undermine mine with a very poor argument... Sorry to tell you that.

And yes, it's only my opinion... But Is it really that far fetched?
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
1 - Yes, not ATM. I said by the time the anime was announced.
2 - I'm not the one triggered... Again...

It seems that everything I said (that is pretty much out of the box) cause you guys to LOSE YOUR MINDS.

Since you like numbers...

1 - "Everybody" said that BC would flop... Think again.
2 - Everybody said that BC would never hit top 3... It fights with MHA, HQ and One Piece neck to neck.
3 - Everybody said BC would not sell... It's selling very well.

Again... Why it can't be a good anime? Somebody here said that TSE is good. It's the same damn studio... They did Naruto (which is a fine anime, despite the fillers) they did Bleach, they did Beelzebub... Why can't it be good? Because you guys don't want to?

And I'M THE PESSIMIST? Come on...

But ok... Moving on... Second chapter of U19 is an even bigger failure. Rip.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Ok but "LOL" "if you didn't get by this time" are not opinions. You're just trying to undermine mine with a very poor argument... Sorry to tell you that.

And yes, it's only my opinion... But Is it really that far fetched?
I don't think you understand the context by which I said that lol. My original post was to DyanSon saying things concerning Black Clovers quality. Again, chill out friend, no need to feel so compelled to prove to everybody your superior knowledge on Jump manga and just have fun. If you feel all these things about Black Clover cool beans, nobody are "salty MHA fanboys that you'll eventually drink the tears of" that you are claiming them to be
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Stahp the fighting :notlikethis

I love both BnHA and BC because I judge them to be above and beyond as Shounen manga. I feel exactly the same about SnK, which is even higher.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh and by the way, I was one of the people who thought BC was gonna get canceled because of how hilariously bad the first chapter was. It like legit copy and pasted Narutos first chap and changed the names LOL. But I eat my words, and it's improved since then, and now I wish it the best. I suck at predicting what's gonna survive and not. So rn I guess I'm jinxing Dr Stone and We Never Learn will be a hit series :(
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Oh and by the way, I was one of the people who thought BC was gonna get canceled because of how hilariously bad the first chapter was. It like legit copy and pasted Narutos first chap and changed the names LOL. But I eat my words, and it's improved since then, and now I wish it the best. I suck at predicting what's gonna survive and not. So rn I guess I'm jinxing Dr Stone and We Never Learn will be a hit series :(
I've been there. I not only thought Hungry Joker would survive but thought it could be huge... Did not last 4 volumes... And to make things worse we (translators) messed with the MC name (It's goddam name!) Which is not Haiji... But Haedi.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Now i am curious, how do you guys judge a manga series?

For me, it's really simple, whether I enjoy it or not, the "good" part can come in later. Do I look forward to the next chapter is important? I also don't like to compare two works.



And I've read every genre except for horror. Shojo, Shonen, Kids, Seinen and that principle hasn't change for 12+ years.
 
Last edited:

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Stahp the fighting :notlikethis

I love both BnHA and BC because I judge them to be above and beyond as Shounen manga. I feel exactly the same about SnK, which is even higher.
I love them both as well. Not trying to fight or prove my point or anything... Merely stating my opinion.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Now i am curious, how do you guys judge a manga series?

For me, it's really simple, whether I enjoy it or not, the "good" part can come in later. Do I look forward to the next chapter is important? I also don't like to compare two works.

And I've read every genre except for horror. Shojo, Shonen, Kids, Seinen and that principle hasn't change for 12+ years.
Well I try to check with my audience first since I have a very very VERY based opinion... At least here in Brazil people tend to prefer action/violence/gag/sexual series instead of romance or drama... (Fairy Tail and Nanatsu no Taizai have more than 10 million views on my Manga Editor... Yeah, that bad...) So I tend to feel the same way.

This is also something relevant to talk about BC. There's very very few female characters. Almost zero fanservice, no harem, no ecchi, nothing... Just good old fighting and nonsense.

Maybe the fujos are to blame...
 
Last edited:

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
And... If Black Clover can sell now as good as (Again AS GOOD AS, not the same or EQUAL) MHA by the time the anime was announced.. If it can win first position in toc... WHY the anime can't be better? Just asking =)
Do you honestly, truly believe that Black Clover gets first place due to popularity? Because if so, then you just keep losing the little credibility you had left.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Now i am curious, how do you guys judge a manga series?

For me, it's really simple, whether I enjoy it or not, the "good" part can come in later. Do I look forward to the next chapter is important? I also don't like to compare two works.

And I've read every genre except for horror. Shojo, Shonen, Kids, Seinen and that principle hasn't change for 12+ years.
I go about it in a similar manner. I don't judge a series on the reactions or opinions of others. I form my own opinion based on the enjoyment I get out of it.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I look at characters, story and art

Characters- whether or not I feel I'm emotionally attached to them and what impact they leave

Story- How intriguing the plot is, also how interesting the world is and what it's potential (unless it's a SoL of course)

Art- how impactful it is and dynamic it could potentially be.

For me personally, I'm not so hard on something (it's rare for me to completely hate anything tbh) because I try my best to recognize what point the mangaka is trying to reach with his series, so I judge em all differently. For instance I see people just shit on certain characters being emotionally weak at the start (Shinji, Sena, Tsuna, Deku) however I'm just eager to see how they can overcome their emotional obstacle. It's something I pride myself on. Probably why U19, Demons Plan, Red Sprite doesnt doesn't bother me. I just hoped they get a chance to at least improve and attempt to get a fanbase.
 
Last edited:

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I think that most people should judge a series based on how much they enjoy it. My mindset is that if you're not an aspiring critic/reviewer/whatever then you shouldn't be looking for all the little mistakes in a manga.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top