Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

justsomeguy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
43
Reaction score
14
Country
The Wall
I think Banba signing for Real Madrid is a reference to the other WSJ's football manga Captain Tsubasa

Tsubasa signed for Barcelona (FC Catalunya), Barcelona and Madrid are rivals
Didn't he sign for Atletico Madrid? The stadium in the raw someone posted here was the Vicente Calderon, Atletico's stadium. Or is he supposed to be playing the Madrid Derby?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Didn't he sign for Atletico Madrid? The stadium in the raw someone posted here was the Vicente Calderon, Atletico's stadium. Or is he supposed to be playing the Madrid Derby?
it just say Madrid, Spain, so I assumed the mangaka meant Real Madrid

but I guess it could be Atletico
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Hope Moue goes with a action series for his next serialization
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think if even 2 of these new manga is successful than Spring Weapon is dying. Especially is Poro manages to survive, as their plots are two similar for both to stay
Something will die before it.

I'll not jynx anything, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to say: "I told you (plural) so" very very soon xD
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Something will die before it.

I'll not jynx anything, but I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to say: "I told you (plural) so" very very soon xD
Well my prediction is that next round the series ending will be HZ, Spring Weapon and 1 or 2 series from this round.

That or it'll end with Gintama later in the year
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Now i am curious, how do you guys judge a manga series?

For me, it's really simple, whether I enjoy it or not, the "good" part can come in later. Do I look forward to the next chapter is important? I also don't like to compare two works.



And I've read every genre except for horror. Shojo, Shonen, Kids, Seinen and that principle hasn't change for 12+ years.
I'm just not a hardcore critic or analyst of manga, easiest way to put it. Don't get paid for this shit, I mean I'll slam something if I truly don't like it but I'm not someone who drags on a series for being the worst thing in the world. If it's interesting I follow, if it's not I drop. It's not hard to gain my interest. I'm starting to wonder if it's harder nowadays to come up with an original idea since everything is basically copied and pasted.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Poro is alright, Shounen Champion level art. It just screams 30K volume seller.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
this manga is critically acclaimed and nominated to every award ever
Fire Puch is beautiful.

Fujimoto Tatsuki took the art of shitposting, made it into a comic book and achieved perfection.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,854
Age
33
Country
United States
I actually like U19. It's flawed, but you can tell Kimura really cares about world building, and I enjoy the idea of kids fighting against the Nazi esque regime they live in. Sure, none of it is subtle, but it's pretty fun and this is a magazine for 12 year olds. The MC's design is so incredibly bland though.
Don't expect it to last, but I'll be excited for his next serialization.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also, with Sumo probably ending within the next 2-3 rounds, it would be really cool if Kawada and Moue both come back at the same time with kickass action manga that take over the magazine.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I actually like U19. It's flawed, but you can tell Kimura really cares about world building, and I enjoy the idea of kids fighting against the Nazi esque regime they live in. Sure, none of it is subtle, but it's pretty fun and this is a magazine for 12 year olds. The MC's design is so incredibly bland though.
Don't expect it to last, but I'll be excited for his next serialization.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also, with Sumo probably ending within the next 2-3 rounds, it would be really cool if Kawada and Moue both come back with kickass action manga that take over the magazine.
That's what we all hope for Rica.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm sure Black Clover anime will come this year. My guess is Summer or Fall
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Its suppose to be in 2017 right?
If it does come out in 2017 it'll most likely be in the late summer early winter season. My guess will be that it'll probably come in the spring/summer season 2018 unless we get some sort of news drop
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
If it does come out in 2017 it'll most likely be in the late summer early winter season. My guess will be that it'll probably come in the spring/summer season 2018 unless we get some sort of news drop
Why do you think it'll be so late?
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why do you think it'll be so late?
To be honest I don't really know why It'll come that late. Maybe it has to do with the fact the best things usually come out later then expected it's either that or it's just one of those unexplained feelings a person gets every so often that feels right.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
I actually like U19. It's flawed, but you can tell Kimura really cares about world building, and I enjoy the idea of kids fighting against the Nazi esque regime they live in. Sure, none of it is subtle, but it's pretty fun and this is a magazine for 12 year olds. The MC's design is so incredibly bland though.
Don't expect it to last, but I'll be excited for his next serialization.
It is also interesting that the author chose to take it slow and postpone the presumed big moment until the third chapter. Even The Promised Neverland, probably the slowest of all the recent series, did the demon twist in chapter one. A slow start is good when you know you can capitalize on it later, but in this magazine it is an even more risky gamble than the usual approach. Makes me want to root for U19, honestly.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think they'll intercalate MHA and BC anime like they did with Haikyuu and Kuroko.
 

Reigen

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Messages
186
Reaction score
290
Age
29
Country
Morocco
Didn't he sign for Atletico Madrid? The stadium in the raw someone posted here was the Vicente Calderon, Atletico's stadium. Or is he supposed to be playing the Madrid Derby?
Btw the stadium will be demolished next year
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think they'll intercalate MHA and BC anime like they did with Haikyuu and Kuroko.
Assuming that both makes success.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top