A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Thanks nii, but there was a virus and my laptop got infected :pout


I'm not going anywhere :^_^

Btw what's with the new Emiya? His skin is darker and his hair is whiter. He also holds black and white guns now. Is he still an Archer?

Here for you



:teehee :XD



What, there was a virus on there? :o I never got infected, but sorry to hear that :(

It's Emiya Alter. Should still be an Archer, yes. Not sure if I like that design, he looks like an edgelord :XD


It's... Unlimited Lost Works now :oh

Great pics btw :thumbs

There is a new Emiya?

Also in the sense of the classes, using Guns would still count as arching.
See above :p You can see him in the new CM too, together with Saber Alter (Saber Zero design) and Jean Alter. There's also Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Christo) as an Avenger, he's been around for many months now though. The rest we don't know about yet. Oh and the red-haired girl is the master ofc ;)


Pic with the other new Servants:



There, the Fate fanboy provided all you need.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,962
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
What, there was a virus on there? :o I never got infected, but sorry to hear that
I was just kidding :p

I hope they will explain it soon why they create that design for Emiya Alter.... Also those trousers and boots, it looks like 80s-90s fashion
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I thought and kinda wished the "Avenger" servant is Cu but I turned out to be wrong apparently.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ugh... Emiya alter looks so bad.
Wtf happened to him? He is lording those edges...
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Sorry for the late reply but I decided that I would finish tsuki before I returned here, and no, it wasn't because of this post. Hadn't seen it until now actually. Anyway, it was a pretty cool story, but honestly, Kohaku's route was this sort of happy ending thing. It didn't leave up to the other routes imo. Think hers got to me the least...but maybe that's because the whole story is pretty much known by the time you play her route. The eclipse wasn't really much but who is the sensei? I mean, I know she's from the beginning, but is she supposed to be related to someone or more relevant in some way? Kinda felt that way tbh..

On CG, yeah, I think you did recommend it, but I happened upon it on a friend's laptop and decided to watch and Holy shit it was amazing. Lelouch is something else haha. I love genres like this, and the story managed to keep its consistency till the end, even with his death (unlike death note for example). Only downside for me I think was the Emperor bit. He was posed as the big bad for so long but his interests were sorta...can't really find the word lol. What I mean to say is that it was rather hard to connect with him. He was too uninvolved with the main story (lelouch's plot) for my liking so the whole showdown was rather dissapointing (largely because of the emperor and marianne). Was rather cool how lelouch managed to dispose of him though.

Not sure myself was R3 will bring. I mean, it was such an amazing show, and there's always the tendency for audience to want more in such cases but a little wrong move could sour the whole thing pretty quickly. And yes, I had planned to change my ava for some time now so after watching the show, my choice was guaranteed. I almost changed custom title to Zero too haha.
You sound like you didn't enjoy the route, or is it just the ending? Bc I recall you saying that you liked Kohaku's route quite a lot xD
If you know Kara no Kyoukai, Aoko's the sister of Aozaki Touko. She appears with her in Fate/Extra too, and has an important role later on in Melty Blood. She also has her "own" VN (Type-Moons latest VN work, which is already few years old though), featuring her childhood. In that sense she's one of TM's main heroines (Saber, Arcueid, Ryogi, Aoko).

I actually feel like Code Geass was a lot more ridiculous and had lots of plotholes, compared to Death Note, but I can't deny that it was damn enjoyable.
And well, the Emperor was a shallow arch-villain, yes. Tbh I think earlier parts were much stronger than Season 2, which still had it's good parts. Schneizel and Cornelia were way better opponents than Charles. I still really like the ending of Season 2, so hopefully that won't be ruined with Season 3.
I see that you really loved the show though, so I take it you really love mind games? (I love them too :3) In that case, if you ever feel like it, I can highly recommend G-Senjou no Maou and/or Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Both are amazing in their own way and just the right thing for people who're a sucker for mind games

I was just kidding :p

I hope they will explain it soon why they create that design for Emiya Alter.... Also those trousers and boots, it looks like 80s-90s fashion
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I thought and kinda wished the "Avenger" servant is Cu but I turned out to be wrong apparently.
Wow ahmad fooling me? What is this madness?!

Yeah it looks... pretty weird tbh, not a fan.
There already is a Cu Alter Servant, and he's "just" a Berserker :p There only are four Avengers out there so far anyway. I doubt another Stay Night character would get an Avenger version anytime soon, considerin Medusa already got one during the last update.

Ugh... Emiya alter looks so bad.
Wtf happened to him? He is lording those edges...
Sigh, I'm disappointed as well.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Just that haircut...?
Did he enter the goth scene?

I love the coat but the rest.... Gosh...
Though guns are a nice change. Very fitting.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Guns lol.
I'm still waiting for a class to take up throwing knives :nah
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Dear lord, no.
Nii would hide himself inside and we would never see him again.
Fair point that. And then Gary would pull some stunt and delete the board, killing Nii. It would become the Floor of Death [/end ToG reference]
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
You sound like you didn't enjoy the route, or is it just the ending? Bc I recall you saying that you liked Kohaku's route quite a lot xD
If you know Kara no Kyoukai, Aoko's the sister of Aozaki Touko. She appears with her in Fate/Extra too, and has an important role later on in Melty Blood. She also has her "own" VN (Type-Moons latest VN work, which is already few years old though), featuring her childhood. In that sense she's one of TM's main heroines (Saber, Arcueid, Ryogi, Aoko).

I actually feel like Code Geass was a lot more ridiculous and had lots of plotholes, compared to Death Note, but I can't deny that it was damn enjoyable.
And well, the Emperor was a shallow arch-villain, yes. Tbh I think earlier parts were much stronger than Season 2, which still had it's good parts. Schneizel and Cornelia were way better opponents than Charles. I still really like the ending of Season 2, so hopefully that won't be ruined with Season 3.
I see that you really loved the show though, so I take it you really love mind games? (I love them too :3) In that case, if you ever feel like it, I can highly recommend G-Senjou no Maou and/or Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Both are amazing in their own way and just the right thing for people who're a sucker for mind games
No, I did enjoy the route, just not as much as the others. I don't think I said I liked kohaku's route a lot though. The last time we spoke about tsuki, I was only about halfway and at that point, its still pretty much stuff that has happened before with slight changes. I was just around the Yumizaka part. Perhaps you're referring to my comments to Hisui's ending? I like the plot twist and the big reveal with Kohaku. Her route sorta expands on it, but unlike the other routes where you find out the really sad part of the character, hers was already revealed in Hisui's route and there was nothing much that could be added to it really. Also, forgot to mention, the sex part was hilarious. For the first time iirc, the descriptions were sort of ridiculous lol. It was a bit surprising to have Akiha as the final enemy as well but that wasn't too far-fetched. To put it simply, I didn't really find out anything that stood out in her route. All other routes had something that really got to you. I guess if the kohaku part in HIsui's ending had been done in kohaku's route only, it would have been easily my best.

Really? I didn't think CG was. At least not when you evaluate both shows on a general basis. Perhaps the knightmares and finding out there's usually a more haxed machine than the one we thought was the most haxed sorta took a little out of it but it was still pretty amazing.
And yes, I love mind games...psychology. It's my best genre actually :)
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,962
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
We need a fate forum. Would you rejoin the team for that? :pout
Actually I ever said that to nii :p Well this thread is a Fate forum haha. And I don't think I deserve to be a Fate forum mod. Nii himself will be able to handle the whole forum. :XD
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I actually like prank :teehee

I want Rider Cu :biblethump
I don't doubt that, silent waters run deep and like we recently learned, you're more ruthless than we thought :p

Just give it time, he's popular enough (I mean he already got what, 4 different versions in FGO?)

Dear lord, no.
Nii would hide himself inside and we would never see him again.
I.. I'm not that bad!

No, I did enjoy the route, just not as much as the others. I don't think I said I liked kohaku's route a lot though. The last time we spoke about tsuki, I was only about halfway and at that point, its still pretty much stuff that has happened before with slight changes. I was just around the Yumizaka part. Perhaps you're referring to my comments to Hisui's ending? I like the plot twist and the big reveal with Kohaku. Her route sorta expands on it, but unlike the other routes where you find out the really sad part of the character, hers was already revealed in Hisui's route and there was nothing much that could be added to it really. Also, forgot to mention, the sex part was hilarious. For the first time iirc, the descriptions were sort of ridiculous lol. It was a bit surprising to have Akiha as the final enemy as well but that wasn't too far-fetched. To put it simply, I didn't really find out anything that stood out in her route. All other routes had something that really got to you. I guess if the kohaku part in HIsui's ending had been done in kohaku's route only, it would have been easily my best.

Really? I didn't think CG was. At least not when you evaluate both shows on a general basis. Perhaps the knightmares and finding out there's usually a more haxed machine than the one we thought was the most haxed sorta took a little out of it but it was still pretty amazing.
And yes, I love mind games...psychology. It's my best genre actually :)
Ah yeah, I think the end of Hisui's route is what your comment was about. Funny that it's your least favourite route, when I actually liked it the most. No real deep twist was needed, it was the final route where everything was laid bare and could finally be properly addressed. I guess it doesn't work if you're not emotionally invested to some extent, I dunno. Maybe @Sky can give his input, I think he wasn't he biggest fan of Kohaku's route either, at least going by his emotionless comments x'D
So what was your overall impression on Tsukihime? I don't think it's amazing, it's simply too outdated for that, but considering it's indie roots (TM was a nobody at that time) and it's age, it was pretty good stuff. I have high hopes for the remake, once it actually arrives...

Here, have a look: https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=52936
That post is rather whiny and bitchy, but I feel like he's still right with a lot of things he mentions. And that's probably far from everything you could question. Still, like I said, the show is damn enjoyable and I loved most of it too. Saying the writting is great or flawless is very far from the truth though, there are lots of smaller or bigger problems, yet it does manage to make you ignore most of them, and for that it certainly deserves praise.

Who doesn't love mind games, haha :D But yeah, nothing beats well-done mind games, I'm with you on that. Funny how you completely ignored my recs but don't mind, it was just me trying to make you read something else, even if it takes you years :p (though like I said, both really are amazing in my eyes)


Actually I ever said that to nii :p Well this thread is a Fate forum haha. And I don't think I deserve to be a Fate forum mod. Nii himself will be able to handle the whole forum. :XD
A fate section would certainly be fun, but it's not going to happen. It could do well, or maybe it would do badly. No real data to prove anything, and with just my personal bias there's no point in creating such a section here. Also I don't think I have the time or motivation to handle everything alone, even if it's Fate :XD Though yes, I wouldn't consider anyone as a mod there as long as he/she didn't read the Fate/Stay Night VN at least :3c
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Yeah sooo.... Let's just leave it at that then shall we? :heh
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Emotionless comments?
Well I just wasn't that attached to little miss amber. I am much more of a jade fan myself. :kappa
Though I think I told ya that the final route wasn't that shocking or anything. Though that wasn't the most important thing anyway.
 
Top