- Joined
- Aug 5, 2016
- Messages
- 3,330
- Reaction score
- 5,440
- Age
- 33
- Country
-
What will succeed and what won't is so unclear this round. U19 is though only one I think is a definite axe
I'm trying to get some understanding how well the magazine is selling now that some of its "heavy hitters" have left.In the last 2 years they lost a lot of veteran series? Isn't enough?
In 2010~2011, the magazine circulation went back up thanks to Oda, not Golden Age level but it went back up.I'm trying to get some understanding how well the magazine is selling now that some of its "heavy hitters" have left.
?Does anyone have the numbers for Jump's total magazine sales for 2005 and on? I'm just curious if there is a financial urgency or incentives to bring back this many veterans at once.
why the arbitrary 12 number?meh, this is getting old. Just wait 2 more weeks to give out your opinion on all 6. Beside, not like our opinions matter anyway unless you vote in the reader survey. Japanese 12 years old decide what will survive and what now.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Not true though, Weekly Shonen Jump also has "Hole in One" golf series that was pretty popular in its time. Made by Kagame Jouji in 1978 and got many special printings throughout the years: 1978(1st, Tankobon with 13 volumes), 1990(8 volumes, Kanzenban?),2002(8 volumes, Kanzenban?), 2005(8 volumes, Kanzenban?), 2007(2 volumes, Kanzenban?).Is it popular with 12 year olds though?
The only mangaka who managed to make a popular golf manga in Jump was Nakaba Suzuki.
Fujimaki is no Nakaba.
12 is divided by 3, also the number of Olympian Gods/Goddesses, 12 zodiacs, 12 months in a year, 12 Labour of Hercules, 12 inches in a foot, 12 face cards in a deck. Not so arbitrary to mewhy the arbitrary 12 number?
.
Wanna bet? I could see it easily selling twice that.I think BC's max will sell per volume is like mid 300k's. It'll be less than World Trigger IMO.
Who knows. Pierrot could do crossovers with Boruto/BC.
You can easily see it selling 600k+?Wanna bet? I could see it easily selling twice that.
I'm surprised no one's tried to monetize this thread, a true random number generator would be worth tons.Can you guys please tell me what quantum machine you use to predict all these numbers out of nowhere? I want to get one.
Toriko? You believe sales would've remained more or less the same had it aired in a different timeslot and wasnt affiliated at all with the dream 9 or any crossovers?Crossovers don't increase a series. At least there is a lack of an example where that happened.
Black Clover is doing pre-anime better than World Trigger. You don't believe it will do more after the anime starts?
So you want to put people off it from the start?The Twin Star Exorcist anime's problem was that it focused on the wrong things from the very start, skipping and rearranging stuff constantly to the point where it felt like it was deliberately avoiding all the things the manga done well and portrayed it as a different type of series altogether. As long as Pierrot actually adapts Black Clover's manga it shouldn't do quite as badly.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I know right? The manga can barely sell 200k despite the amount of shilling Jump has put towards it. If any case I agree that we shouldn't count our chickens before their catch, we'll see how audiences take to it.You can easily see it selling 600k+?
This.So you want to put people off it from the start?
Toriko had a pretty standard good boost of an adaptation from a Shounen. A ton of Toei animation series all over the years got such boosts and most of them did air in different timeslot not directly related with another big series. For an example you have Gash Bell.Toriko? You believe sales would've remained more or less the same had it aired in a different timeslot and wasnt affiliated at all with the dream 9 or any crossovers?
I don't think it'll beat World Trigger but tbf I haven't kept up with BC's sales in a while.
Finally one that shares my opinion. It´s all wasted potential, maybe Pierrot has better stories than Yuki Tabata ever had. Or It could´ve gone REALLY WORSE. It could´ve been THE NEXT SAO. That´s a nightmare I don´t wanna see realized.This.
Prior to the castle invasion I'd say the series was pretty damn unreadable.
Hoping for some non Tabata written filler to ease how abhorrent the first few arcs are.