Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
I have to say , BC chapter was fun , reminded me a bit of Fairy tail ( Kana ).
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
This opens up the possibility that Black Clover might take Naruto's Thursday time-slot, provided they're not getting rid of it. Its been years since Naruto appeared in the top ten weekly ratings chart even when the threshold was around 2.0, so Black Clover airing there might not really give it a huge boost but again time will tell. While this possibility now exists, its just as likely they're moving around programs to make space for other stuff. Nichigo also ends this Winter 2017 to make way for some other program and MBS created Anisata, a 1 hour anime block airing at 7 am saturday mornings so it all basically falls to who else is in the production committee.
You know, I wanted Black Clover to be Pierrot´s next long runner, so they could forget the Naruto franchise for a good couple of years, and make money with another property, as in the end BC is more a template for an action-adventure children TV series than a manga series with well developed elements. Unfortunately I think that Clover may have a 50 episode 1st season. Greedy bastards, they should forget Naruto at this point
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
 

justsomeguy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
43
Reaction score
14
Country
The Wall
Did something happen with this weeks Issue? Boku no Hero Academia and Black Clover are drawn/printed very rough in a few parts, as if they were just sketches.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Black Clover today was better then expected, hurrah for character development predictions coming true.

Just calling it now but that cat is one of the great magic spirits.

I'm not sure if it's me but the current arc MHA is on seems way slower then should probably be at the start. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing but it feels alot different then what I'm use to seeing i Horikoshi.

You know, I wanted Black Clover to be Pierrot´s next long runner, so they could forget the Naruto franchise for a good couple of years, and make money with another property, as in the end BC is more a template for an action-adventure children TV series than a manga series with well developed elements. Unfortunately I think that Clover may have a 50 episode 1st season. Greedy bastards, they should forget Naruto at this point
As much as I agree that the time for Naruto has passed I can't see them giving up on the franchise anytime soon, not unless the royally screw up somewhere down the line. The point you bring up about having a 50 episode season seems a bit much considering what was available to animate when they probably approached Tabata about the anime, I could be entirely wrong. For its first season 25 episode would be the most I can see happening but realistically it'll probably be around 12/13 episodes.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,294
Reaction score
7,324
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I guess Bort switching to Twin Star's timeslot eliminates the chance of Black Clover getting it, though it was getting a bit late for that anyway. I wonder when it'll air, daytime would fit it a lot better than a late night slot.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Greedy bastards, they should forget Naruto at this point
They should forget their prime money maker and TV Tokyo's highest selling franchise to venture into a new property with little popularity and no foresight into whether it'll take off or not? That would be as stupid as giving Twin Star Exorcist 50 episodes and a primetime timeslot.. Also I'm surprised that given its "popularity" BC isn't getting a color page for its 100th chapter next week,
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,294
Reaction score
7,324
Age
33
Country
Scotland
There's an issue gap between Dr Stone and Golf right? What series do people think will get the cover page?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
it's BC's second anniversary, so I guess it will get the cover
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I am very intrigued for Spring Weapon N.1. For now is the only remaining survivor from last group (Demon's Plan, Red Sprite, Ole Golazo, Amalgalm, etc), is ranking better than Samon or Gintama, and even got that 4th place last week.

Still, is the most forgotten manga outside Japan for us. I wonder what will be its destiny.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,072
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I guess Bort switching to Twin Star's timeslot eliminates the chance of Black Clover getting it, though it was getting a bit late for that anyway. I wonder when it'll air, daytime would fit it a lot better than a late night slot.
Oh, nice Ill still have naruto to watch in the mornings, Ill miss it on thursday, unless theyll just reair naruto from ep 1 on thursdays in its normal time frame.

I hope BLack Clover is their next Naruto, hopefully it takes off just as fast, becoming a multimillion selling manga.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,294
Reaction score
7,324
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I think a series called The Snack World is getting Naruto's current timeslot
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think a series called The Snack World is getting Naruto's current timeslot
Wow they moved it so that a kids anime could take it's spot interesting
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
They should forget their prime money maker and TV Tokyo's highest selling franchise to venture into a new property with little popularity and no foresight into whether it'll take off or not? That would be as stupid as giving Twin Star Exorcist 50 episodes and a primetime timeslot.. Also I'm surprised that given its "popularity" BC isn't getting a color page for its 100th chapter next week,
Sounds a little bit hypocritic considering that there´s people that want One Piece anime to take hiatusesin order to have better animation, which it´s not likely to happen considering how the audience for the show would decrease. But yeah, Pierrot should´ve stopped with Naruto for a new property. And BC still has an established fanbase if you think it doesn´t: children and casuals
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sounds a little bit hypocritic considering that there´s people that want One Piece anime to take hiatusesin order to have better animation, which it´s not likely to happen considering how the audience for the show would decrease.
One Piece has taken breaks before and it hasn't effected its ratings at all even when it moved from Wednesdays to Sundays the audience share carried through. They're not going to put OP on hiatus due to animation budget since the audience that watches it don't care about stuff like that.

But yeah, Pierrot should´ve stopped with Naruto for a new property. And BC still has an established fanbase if you think it doesn´t: children and casuals
Naruto is a guaranteed money maker, Black Clover is not, that'll be like cancelling One Piece for Toriko since its newer. As far as anyone knows it doesn't have an established fanbse yet its just speculation and even now its not much for you can say that Pierrot should just drop all their attention n Naruto into it.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,072
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Im quite sure there is significant overlap between Naruto fans and BLack Clover fans.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Im quite sure there is significant overlap between Naruto fans and BLack Clover fans.
You can believing that. If there was it would be selling a lot more than it is now.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,294
Reaction score
7,324
Age
33
Country
Scotland
In the western fandom at least I've seen more overlap with Bleach fans than Naruto fans.

Naruto fans mostly latched onto Academia instead.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top