A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Not sure what you're trying to say WYIS :heh

wow sky don't ignore me trying to make you talk about a VN!
Well, let sleeping monsters lie no? A possible Fate Forum would turn you into a wild beast.

Off topic but would you divulge unto me your name?
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Ah yeah, I think the end of Hisui's route is what your comment was about. Funny that it's your least favourite route, when I actually liked it the most. No real deep twist was needed, it was the final route where everything was laid bare and could finally be properly addressed. I guess it doesn't work if you're not emotionally invested to some extent, I dunno. Maybe @Sky can give his input, I think he wasn't he biggest fan of Kohaku's route either, at least going by his emotionless comments x'D
So what was your overall impression on Tsukihime? I don't think it's amazing, it's simply too outdated for that, but considering it's indie roots (TM was a nobody at that time) and it's age, it was pretty good stuff. I have high hopes for the remake, once it actually arrives...

Here, have a look: https://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=52936
That post is rather whiny and bitchy, but I feel like he's still right with a lot of things he mentions. And that's probably far from everything you could question. Still, like I said, the show is damn enjoyable and I loved most of it too. Saying the writting is great or flawless is very far from the truth though, there are lots of smaller or bigger problems, yet it does manage to make you ignore most of them, and for that it certainly deserves praise.

Who doesn't love mind games, haha :D But yeah, nothing beats well-done mind games, I'm with you on that. Funny how you completely ignored my recs but don't mind, it was just me trying to make you read something else, even if it takes you years :p (though like I said, both really are amazing in my eyes)
Tsuki was pretty good..but I'm a sucker for twists and the like..not that it wasn't nice to have things in a straight and addressed but I got used to twists. I liked it though. Pretty good all round.

Actually, I strongly disagree with majority of what he says. He has some fair points but it's hard to take anything he says seriously when he whines like that. And even though, most of what he does say isn't entirely accurate.

He claims the power is too powerful, but heck same can be said for Death Note. How hard is it to get someone's name actually? And light could've always gotten the eyes if he wanted to. Besides, he can only use it once on one person and though he was able to use it in some ways that ensure the effect won't dissipate, that's more of a strong point in his favor. He was switching between zero and lelouch, so knowing what to say to who is also commendable. Also, didn't the death note come with rules explaining what the book can and cannot do? Also, why is it a problem that lelouch came up with a way to prevent the geass from working all the time? His geass is based on sight, blocking that is a natural and smart thing to do.

About him and suzaku, they had different methods of trying to achieve their goal and it was natural for suzaku to hate zero. Also, it isn't as though they simply made up. They only worked together when there was a mutual interest (like nunally) and even at the end, Suzaku teamed up with him for the sake of zero requiem. And we got to find out that zero requiem was planned to end with zero killing lelouch as a treacherous emperor. It wasn't as though they made up for the heck of it. As for suzaku getting picked to pilot lancelot, that's one of the lesser issues tbh. Imo, suzuka being an 11 made him ideal for a test project. He was basically expendable. If he died when something went wrong, the military/government would hardly give a crap. As for his skills, I'm not sure why that matters. He's trained already, so being able to adapt that to Lancelot shouldn't be that much of an issue. Pretty much anyone can pilot a knightmare, and he had a very special one to boot. On the Mechas themselves, it was established since the start of the show that they were a major factor. Military always have advanced tech and afaik, are constantly working on improving and producing even more advanced specs. That's only natural tbh. Besides, necessity is the mother of invention. It's just like the world wars. When a need arose, then those involved had to find a means to get them the advantage. With Zero and the Black Knights against them, the government had to keep advancing and so did Zero and co too (well, their sponsors anyway). Also, we know that the knightmares sometimes fell into the enemies hands (for both sides) and thus allowed the opportunity for both sides to inadvertently contribute to the growth and development by combining both sides and approaches.

And then he criticizes Lelouch strategies, but we do know that at some point, he began to start turning things to line up with his zero requiem plan. Also, it is a story, obviously some things have to be done to make it interesting. Also, though lelouch hated the emperor, he was also trying to make the world a better place for nunally. Obviously that won't happen by just killing the emperor right off the bat. Frankly its rather odd that the poster suggests lelouch should have just gotten to charles with his geass from the start. Lelouch was just in area 11. Not sure how it would have made sense for him to influence so much until he comes in contact with charles himself. Most times, the military are in the knightmares and he is unable to use geass on them due to that. I mean, how many times did he have to trick someone out of the knightmare first? And how would he pull that off when he gets to a border or perhaps a zone where there are numerous soldiers in knightmares? Not to mention that he would be exposing his identity and power as well. As for him deciding to be a hero, to be frank, that is also withing reason. He had encountered ideologies beside his, especially when he spoke with charles and marianne. Him having a change in plans is not surprising. Also, he had long since said that those willing to kill should be prepared to die themselves, which is in line with what he did to the end. By that time, he had already done a bit of despicable things, he even thought nunally (who he was doing everything for was dead). I find it logical to be honest. About the part where he kills clovis rather than use him as a pawn, I would've questioned such a move so early in the show. Prior to receiving geass, he was just a student. He had barely gotten the power, he still hated the imperial family and the emperor and frankly was still very new to the whole thing. Remaining calm enough to plan that far ahead doesn't fit. Eventually, we see he becomes better in the decisions and commands he gives when using his geass

As for CC, wasn't ryuk more or less the same. She's immortal and rather indifferent to things. Certainly she can't be expected to reason things the same way. She's been living for ages, her lazying around is more understandable due to that. What else would he be expecting her to do. Anyone reading manga knows that such people usually become disengaged from regular live as it means less to them.


I almost replied to that post but saw it was about 7 years old haha..Think I derailed a fair bit here but the criticisms he raises don't make much tbh. I stil think it was written rather well.

Lol, didn't ignore the recs, was planning to check them out later. I thought those were anime though. Are those VNS?
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,970
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail


A fate section would certainly be fun, but it's not going to happen. It could do well, or maybe it would do badly. No real data to prove anything, and with just my personal bias there's no point in creating such a section here. Also I don't think I have the time or motivation to handle everything alone, even if it's Fate :XD Though yes, I wouldn't consider anyone as a mod there as long as he/she didn't read the Fate/Stay Night VN at least :3c
Hai. Using this thread is more than enough. And.. uh oh.. those lines strike again :3c

Sometimes I found Fate manga panels on my tumblr dashboard. Where can I read it?
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Emotionless comments?
Well I just wasn't that attached to little miss amber. I am much more of a jade fan myself. :kappa
Though I think I told ya that the final route wasn't that shocking or anything. Though that wasn't the most important thing anyway.
Sigh, I guess so.

Well, let sleeping monsters lie no? A possible Fate Forum would turn you into a wild beast.

Off topic but would you divulge unto me your name?
You shouldn't take Sky's jokes too seriously~

I won't, do some research and maybe you will find out ;)

Tsuki was pretty good..but I'm a sucker for twists and the like..not that it wasn't nice to have things in a straight and addressed but I got used to twists. I liked it though. Pretty good all round.

Actually, I strongly disagree with majority of what he says. He has some fair points but it's hard to take anything he says seriously when he whines like that. And even though, most of what he does say isn't entirely accurate.

He claims the power is too powerful, but heck same can be said for Death Note. How hard is it to get someone's name actually? And light could've always gotten the eyes if he wanted to. Besides, he can only use it once on one person and though he was able to use it in some ways that ensure the effect won't dissipate, that's more of a strong point in his favor. He was switching between zero and lelouch, so knowing what to say to who is also commendable. Also, didn't the death note come with rules explaining what the book can and cannot do? Also, why is it a problem that lelouch came up with a way to prevent the geass from working all the time? His geass is based on sight, blocking that is a natural and smart thing to do.

About him and suzaku, they had different methods of trying to achieve their goal and it was natural for suzaku to hate zero. Also, it isn't as though they simply made up. They only worked together when there was a mutual interest (like nunally) and even at the end, Suzaku teamed up with him for the sake of zero requiem. And we got to find out that zero requiem was planned to end with zero killing lelouch as a treacherous emperor. It wasn't as though they made up for the heck of it. As for suzaku getting picked to pilot lancelot, that's one of the lesser issues tbh. Imo, suzuka being an 11 made him ideal for a test project. He was basically expendable. If he died when something went wrong, the military/government would hardly give a crap. As for his skills, I'm not sure why that matters. He's trained already, so being able to adapt that to Lancelot shouldn't be that much of an issue. Pretty much anyone can pilot a knightmare, and he had a very special one to boot. On the Mechas themselves, it was established since the start of the show that they were a major factor. Military always have advanced tech and afaik, are constantly working on improving and producing even more advanced specs. That's only natural tbh. Besides, necessity is the mother of invention. It's just like the world wars. When a need arose, then those involved had to find a means to get them the advantage. With Zero and the Black Knights against them, the government had to keep advancing and so did Zero and co too (well, their sponsors anyway). Also, we know that the knightmares sometimes fell into the enemies hands (for both sides) and thus allowed the opportunity for both sides to inadvertently contribute to the growth and development by combining both sides and approaches.

And then he criticizes Lelouch strategies, but we do know that at some point, he began to start turning things to line up with his zero requiem plan. Also, it is a story, obviously some things have to be done to make it interesting. Also, though lelouch hated the emperor, he was also trying to make the world a better place for nunally. Obviously that won't happen by just killing the emperor right off the bat. Frankly its rather odd that the poster suggests lelouch should have just gotten to charles with his geass from the start. Lelouch was just in area 11. Not sure how it would have made sense for him to influence so much until he comes in contact with charles himself. Most times, the military are in the knightmares and he is unable to use geass on them due to that. I mean, how many times did he have to trick someone out of the knightmare first? And how would he pull that off when he gets to a border or perhaps a zone where there are numerous soldiers in knightmares? Not to mention that he would be exposing his identity and power as well. As for him deciding to be a hero, to be frank, that is also withing reason. He had encountered ideologies beside his, especially when he spoke with charles and marianne. Him having a change in plans is not surprising. Also, he had long since said that those willing to kill should be prepared to die themselves, which is in line with what he did to the end. By that time, he had already done a bit of despicable things, he even thought nunally (who he was doing everything for was dead). I find it logical to be honest. About the part where he kills clovis rather than use him as a pawn, I would've questioned such a move so early in the show. Prior to receiving geass, he was just a student. He had barely gotten the power, he still hated the imperial family and the emperor and frankly was still very new to the whole thing. Remaining calm enough to plan that far ahead doesn't fit. Eventually, we see he becomes better in the decisions and commands he gives when using his geass

As for CC, wasn't ryuk more or less the same. She's immortal and rather indifferent to things. Certainly she can't be expected to reason things the same way. She's been living for ages, her lazying around is more understandable due to that. What else would he be expecting her to do. Anyone reading manga knows that such people usually become disengaged from regular live as it means less to them.

I almost replied to that post but saw it was about 7 years old haha..Think I derailed a fair bit here but the criticisms he raises don't make much tbh. I stil think it was written rather well.

Lol, didn't ignore the recs, was planning to check them out later. I thought those were anime though. Are those VNS?
Well yes, hardly anything can beat great twists :nod Maybe I'm more attached to the story and it's characters, I did like the final route a lot too.

lol I don't think I ever saw you defending something so fervently, looks like you really loved the show :D But yes, I can see your points. It's been years since I watched CG, so I probably would need to rewatch it to give you good arguments, and wether I fully agree or not. Maybe I will rewatch some parts before Season 3 airs, to refresh my memory. Just going by my vague memory I still can't call it that well written though, depending on how you look at it. Written in a very entertaining way, that I can definitely agree with. Maybe @xi0 is the right guy for you if you want a CG discussion, I remember him pointing out all the ridiculous things that happened.

Ofc these are VNs, do you think I wouldn't recommend you something new after Tsuki? :kappa In terms of twists I can promise that they absolutely won't disappoint, both works far surpass Tsuki in my eyes.




Hai. Using this thread is more than enough. And.. uh oh.. those lines strike again :3c

Sometimes I found Fate manga panels on my tumblr dashboard. Where can I read it?
Know that one, but nice try ;)

I won't stop pestering you about it :3c

You're probably talking about the relatively new Heavens Feel manga? Not sure if I would recommend reading that, it's pretty much written for people who know the VN, so it doesn't hold back with spoiling quite a bit. And Edited Mangas have stopped for a while now, sadly :( There's the original Fate manga which combined Fate and UBW to some extent I believe, and supposedly it did a rather good job. Never tried it though, so can't judge it personally.

Then there's the Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Strange Fake manga, but I don't think you're talking about them xD You probably would have said so if you meant Kaleid I guess.


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hey @niichan do you think you'd be kind enough to give the prologue of my new Original Story a read and give some feedback?
In the past i've tried to wait for people to come to me but no one visits the Fanfics and Stories section much so I need to get it out there some other way.

https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/the-second-prince-book-1-the-lost-queens-crest.3007384/
Nope I'm not, sorry. I find fanfics and the likes boring in general, it's just not my thing. Maybe that's ignorant, but I've read enough to know it's just not really my thing, even if some were pretty good. The only one that could maybe make me read a short one at this point would be Sky :D
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Sigh, I guess so.



You shouldn't take Sky's jokes too seriously~

I won't, do some research and maybe you will find out ;)



Well yes, hardly anything can beat great twists :nod Maybe I'm more attached to the story and it's characters, I did like the final route a lot too.

lol I don't think I ever saw you defending something so fervently, looks like you really loved the show :D But yes, I can see your points. It's been years since I watched CG, so I probably would need to rewatch it to give you good arguments, and wether I fully agree or not. Maybe I will rewatch some parts before Season 3 airs, to refresh my memory. Just going by my vague memory I still can't call it that well written though, depending on how you look at it. Written in a very entertaining way, that I can definitely agree with. Maybe @xi0 is the right guy for you if you want a CG discussion, I remember him pointing out all the ridiculous things that happened.

Ofc these are VNs, do you think I wouldn't recommend you something new after Tsuki? :kappa In terms of twists I can promise that they absolutely won't disappoint, both works far surpass Tsuki in my eyes.



Know that one, but nice try ;)

I won't stop pestering you about it :3c

You're probably talking about the relatively new Heavens Feel manga? Not sure if I would recommend reading that, it's pretty much written for people who know the VN, so it doesn't hold back with spoiling quite a bit. And Edited Mangas have stopped for a while now, sadly :( There's the original Fate manga which combined Fate and UBW to some extent I believe, and supposedly it did a rather good job. Never tried it though, so can't judge it personally.

Then there's the Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Strange Fake manga, but I don't think you're talking about them xD You probably would have said so if you meant Kaleid I guess.




Nope I'm not, sorry. I find fanfics and the likes boring in general, it's just not my thing. Maybe that's ignorant, but I've read enough to know it's just not really my thing, even if some were pretty good. The only one that could maybe make me read a short one at this point would be Sky :D
Ah, Gomen. Need to write some Fate fanfics :D

You seem like a Kevin honestly but Brian would work too :hmm
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Well yes, hardly anything can beat great twists :nod Maybe I'm more attached to the story and it's characters, I did like the final route a lot too.

lol I don't think I ever saw you defending something so fervently, looks like you really loved the show :D But yes, I can see your points. It's been years since I watched CG, so I probably would need to rewatch it to give you good arguments, and wether I fully agree or not. Maybe I will rewatch some parts before Season 3 airs, to refresh my memory. Just going by my vague memory I still can't call it that well written though, depending on how you look at it. Written in a very entertaining way, that I can definitely agree with. Maybe @xi0 is the right guy for you if you want a CG discussion, I remember him pointing out all the ridiculous things that happened.

Ofc these are VNs, do you think I wouldn't recommend you something new after Tsuki? :kappa In terms of twists I can promise that they absolutely won't disappoint, both works far surpass Tsuki in my eyes.
Ah well, still works I guess :)

lol, it's not more about the defense but disagreeing with a lot of what he said. It's not that the story is mindblowing or anything, but it is indeed very interesting imo and makes up quite a bit for its flaws. Lol, Gary is fond of noting ridiculous stuff so I'm hardly surprised haha.

Well, I will check them out eventually ;)
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Maybe @xi0 is the right guy for you if you want a CG discussion, I remember him pointing out all the ridiculous things that happened.
I did? :notlikethis

I mean, I didn't like most of the second season in general, I guess. Just from a cursory look, the post you linked to is probably more eloquent about it than I could be (not that I'll fully endorse everything said there).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Lol, Gary is fond of noting ridiculous stuff so I'm hardly surprised haha.
I am? :notlikethis
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I did? :notlikethis

I mean, I didn't like most of the second season in general, I guess. Just from a cursory look, the post you linked to is probably more eloquent about it than I could be (not that I'll fully endorse everything said there).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I am? :notlikethis
You seem to have quite the reputation Gary :hmm
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
My memory is failing me again honestly. I do remember probably ranting a bit about the second season ages ago, but yeah. I don't really remember enough about how it all unfolded to revisit it. Not sure how a third season would even work either...

Not that I'm fond of being overly negative about things that people enjoy in earnest.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Sigh, I guess so.

You shouldn't take Sky's jokes too seriously~

The only one that could maybe make me read a short one at this point would be Sky :D
I get the feeling you expected something else... :notsure

I wouldn't call this a joke anymore at this point... :kappa

You would read a short story if I wrote it? Daaaaaw. <3
I bet you're only saying this because you know that I would never do that. :kappa
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ah, Gomen. Need to write some Fate fanfics :D

You seem like a Kevin honestly but Brian would work too :hmm
That won't work either :p

I see, some typical german names :kappa Guess you know already, good.

Ah well, still works I guess :)

lol, it's not more about the defense but disagreeing with a lot of what he said. It's not that the story is mindblowing or anything, but it is indeed very interesting imo and makes up quite a bit for its flaws. Lol, Gary is fond of noting ridiculous stuff so I'm hardly surprised haha.

Well, I will check them out eventually ;)
Well we all have our own taste and likes, glad you enjoyed it though :nod

Sure, I still rate CG quite high too :nod

Please do :zomg

I did? :notlikethis

I mean, I didn't like most of the second season in general, I guess. Just from a cursory look, the post you linked to is probably more eloquent about it than I could be (not that I'll fully endorse everything said there).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I am? :notlikethis
Yes you did, on multiple occasions :p

Please enlighten us with your opinion gary-sama ;)

not sure anyone knows you for anything else :P
oooooh~

I get the feeling you expected something else... :notsure

I wouldn't call this a joke anymore at this point... :kappa

You would read a short story if I wrote it? Daaaaaw. <3
I bet you're only saying this because you know that I would never do that. :kappa
Good guess Sherlock :heh

Well then let's call it exaggaration... xD

Hmm, I wonder :kappa but yes, I would : )
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Good guess Sherlock :heh

Well then let's call it exaggaration... xD

Hmm, I wonder :kappa but yes, I would : )
Did you want a more elaborate explanation of the amber route from my perspective? :D

Sure. Whatever makes you feel less Fate nerdy. :kappa

I could search for my old one again... Iirc I even shared it here once...
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,970
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail




You're probably talking about the relatively new Heavens Feel manga? Not sure if I would recommend reading that, it's pretty much written for people who know the VN, so it doesn't hold back with spoiling quite a bit. And Edited Mangas have stopped for a while now, sadly :( There's the original Fate manga which combined Fate and UBW to some extent I believe, and supposedly it did a rather good job. Never tried it though, so can't judge it personally.

Then there's the Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Strange Fake manga, but I don't think you're talking about them xD You probably would have said so if you meant Kaleid I guess.
Not sure which one it was.. this was what I saw on my tumblr dashboard
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Did you want a more elaborate explanation of the amber route from my perspective? :D

Sure. Whatever makes you feel less Fate nerdy. :kappa

I could search for my old one again... Iirc I even shared it here once...
Pray tell, what might have given you that idea? :kappa

No one said I'm not a fate nerd :p

lol you wrote one in the past? I actually wrote one or two like 10 years ago too. I guess almost everyone goes through that phase.






Not sure which one it was.. this was what I saw on my tumblr dashboard
Good, but I know them :p

did I just discover your tumblr account?! What nice drawings ahmad :blush though they're not from you, I just noticed... xD
oh that one. I believe it's from a rather famous artist on pixiv too, he/she did a lot of fate fanarts there (I could swear he/she had more on pixiv in the past, I just checked...). He/she does sell stuff at Comiket, maybe that's also why a lot of stuff was taken down I feel, but I "think" I actually saw him/her manga in one of the Type-Moon Ace magazines. Would need to check, my memory is fuzzy. In any case, that's not really a manga, just a short story he/she drew (and possibly got sold as a doujin, either that or it's from a TMA). Here's the person: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=79490
 
Last edited:
Top