Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Jump+ has a problem of identity... It is hard to have an identity when you are below the most famous magazine ever. It is obvious that everybody that apply a series to Shueisha apply it to Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, it is the dream of every mangaka. Therefore, Jump+ will ever be the place where the editors put the thing which are not good enough for Jump. I always go to Jump+ website, take a look and nothing catches my attention... It doesn't happen to other apps I use, there is always at least one series that catches my attention.

I will anticipate the argument that people who know me well will throw: "But you liked Medusa!". Well, I liked, it was one that caught my attention. It was a cute romance indeed, with a good character design. Now if you ask if it would go well in Jump I would say no... It is good, but not good enough.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I knew someone would bring the language thing, which was "unique" (Outbreak Company already did that) thing I saw..
I never heard of this Outbreak Company before, but if it was done by this 1 manga, then it's still not generic

The rest: human going to another world, human has some kind of incredible power, etc. happens a lot in fantasy. Demons eating people is the most widely thing ever in fantasy, there is a Yugioh card with this concept.
common setting =/= common execution

Let's be frank, if the editors thought it was incredible, they would publish it in Jump, not Jump+.
that wasn't your original question and have nothing to do with your original post


They still flop though.
again this has nothing to do with the original post


you asked why I liked pochi kuro and I answered you, whether it flopped or not or where it was published have nothing to do with your question
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Where's sharkbait?

I have terrible news for him, Poro is no longer a masterpiece :gwah

 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I haven't seen Sharkbait in a while, its not the same without him
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I never heard of this Outbreak Company before, but if it was done by this 1 manga, then it's still not generic



common setting =/= common execution



that wasn't your original question and have nothing to do with your original post




again this has nothing to do with the original post


you asked why I liked pochi kuro and I answered you, whether it flopped or not or where it was published have nothing to do with your question
I didn't ask you though, I asked @jagman1x3 , it was him I quoted. I don't know anybody here who was Pochi Kuro fan beside him.
In short, you had nothing to do with the question since the beginning. It was WTF moment when you answered, but I moved on. XD
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Jump+ has a problem of identity... It is hard to have an identity when you are below the most famous magazine ever. It is obvious that everybody that apply a series to Shueisha apply it to Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, it is the dream of every mangaka. .
hear that every magazine in Japan? you will never be as successful and the dream of every mangaka, so just give up

Therefore, Jump+ will ever be the place where the editors put the thing which are not good enough for Jump.
just no, jump plus gives them more freedom and more options

some of the things that happens in Fire punch and World End harem could never be published in a shonen magazine

it gives authors freedom too, Sket Dacnce dude new manga is biweekly, he couldn't do that in the main magazine
Amano's new manga is fullcolor, she couldn't do that in the main magazine


I always go to Jump+ website, take a look and nothing catches my attention... It doesn't happen to other apps I use, there is always at least one series that catches my attention.
sound like a bad case of special snowflake

just because nothing catches (you)r attention doesn't mean it doesn't catches anyone attention

many of their titles sells well, World End Harem's sell better than most of the title in the magazine
Fire Punch is beloved and critically acclaimed

so obviously it catches people attention

I will anticipate the argument that people who know me well will throw: "But you liked Medusa!". Well, I liked, it was one that caught my attention. It was a cute romance indeed, with a good character design. Now if you ask if it would go well in Jump I would say no... It is good, but not good enough.
could summarize your entire posts in this 3 words
NO CUTE GRILL! NO MASTERPIECE!


I didn't ask you though, I asked @jagman1x3 , it was him I quoted. I don't know anybody here who was Pochi Kuro fan beside him.
In short, you had nothing to do with the question since the beginning. It was WTF moment when you answered, but I moved on. XD
ok, but your original post addresses all the people in this thread that liked pochi kuro not just jagman

I still don't know why you liked Pochi Kuro that much. I read some chapters on Jump+ website and it was nice, but not that good... It seems the kind of thing that would be below the illuminated minds of the people of this thread (aka it is kind of generic). :derp
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I didn't ask you though, I asked @jagman1x3 , it was him I quoted. I don't know anybody here who was Pochi Kuro fan beside him.
In short, you had nothing to do with the question since the beginning. It was WTF moment when you answered, but I moved on. XD
I like generic fantasy stuff, I'd already read the oneshot in an old NEXT issue so it had my interest, and it did romance stuff well without becoming a dumb harem that just tried to get people to read based on having cute girls.
Also Wapple made the whole thing worth reading by himself.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
@Mammo The girl in Pochikuro is cute! XD

I like generic fantasy stuff, I'd already read the oneshot in an old NEXT issue so it had my interest, and it did romance stuff well without becoming a dumb harem that just tried to get people to read based on having cute girls.
Also Wapple made the whole thing worth reading by himself.
Nah, not all harem are dumb, you know that. Now I know that people don't like harem, not romance in general. :'(
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
Nah, not all harem are dumb, you know that. Now I know that people don't like harem, not romance in general. :'(
Now you got me interested. I have yet to watch/read a harem anime/manga that isn't dumb. And I hope you don't really think that Nisekoi isn't dumb.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Now you got me interested. I have yet to watch/read a harem anime/manga that isn't dumb. And I hope you don't really think that Nisekoi isn't dumb.
Well, the problem with people like you is that they don´t search for a good one. Instead is more simple to criticize all harem series as dumb and garbage. FRom Jump, you have Rosario Vampire, or I´s. Outside of it, you have the Monogatari franchise, or Actually I am...
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shark is probably recovering from what Poro did to his heart.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Shosekiranking ranking 04/03 :
1-Haikyuu!! 25
2-Shokugeki no Souma 23
3-World Trigger 18
5-Black Clover 10
10-Kimetsu no Yaiba 05
15-ONE PIECE 84
17-Kuroko no Basket: Replace Plus 06
21-Fire punch 04
22-Shokugeki no Souma L'etoile 04
26-Let's! Haikyuu!? 04
27-Samon-kun wa Summoner 08
30-Karada sagashi 12
51-Akuma no Memumemu-chan 02
53-Isobe Isobee Monogatari 13
69-The Promised Neverland 02
81-The Promised Neverland 01
92-Makui no Rease 01
104-Kimetsu no Yaiba 01
128-Kimetsu no Yaiba 04
135-Kimetsu no Yaiba 02
150-Kimetsu no Yaiba 03
188-Red Sprite 02
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
Well, the problem with people like you is that they don´t search for a good one. Instead is more simple to criticize all harem series as dumb and garbage. FRom Jump, you have Rosario Vampire, or I´s. Outside of it, you have the Monogatari franchise, or Actually I am...
I"s is already in my plan to read, and I have already watched the Monogatari franchise. While Monogatari is actually quite above average, what made me interested in it wasn't the romance or the harem.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The latest chapter of We can't study was actually not that bad, this chapter actually gave me a pretty good laugh. I think this is one of the few times that actually feels like it could really happen at least until it gets to the last few pages.
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
Seriously exactly what does the Shoseki Rankings represent?
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
Shosekiranking ranking 04/03 :
1-Haikyuu!! 25
2-Shokugeki no Souma 23
3-World Trigger 18
5-Black Clover 10
10-Kimetsu no Yaiba 05
15-ONE PIECE 84
17-Kuroko no Basket: Replace Plus 06
21-Fire punch 04
22-Shokugeki no Souma L'etoile 04
26-Let's! Haikyuu!? 04
27-Samon-kun wa Summoner 08
30-Karada sagashi 12
51-Akuma no Memumemu-chan 02
53-Isobe Isobee Monogatari 13
69-The Promised Neverland 02
81-The Promised Neverland 01
92-Makui no Rease 01
104-Kimetsu no Yaiba 01
128-Kimetsu no Yaiba 04
135-Kimetsu no Yaiba 02
150-Kimetsu no Yaiba 03
188-Red Sprite 02
My prediction

Memumemu and Isobe will sell 10-15k
Samon, Karada Sagashi 18-22k
Fire Punch, Kuroko Haikyuu Souma spinoffs 24-28k
Kimetsu 28-35k

Second week

Fire Punch, Souma spinoff 40-50k
Kuroko & Haikyuu spinoff, Kimetsu 50-65k

Let's see how wrong I am
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I like the new character in Poro
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Seriously exactly what does the Shoseki Rankings represent?
It represents sales. It is basically a preview of Oricon, you can see the sales daily and weekly, and it is generally very accurate when comparing to Oricon. The opportunity to see the sales daily is what makes it attractive to the nerds for numbers (aka everybody here XD).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Now you got me interested. I have yet to watch/read a harem anime/manga that isn't dumb. And I hope you don't really think that Nisekoi isn't dumb.
Think that something is dumb is purely the opinion of the reader so I must ask you what do you consider dumb before starting any argument.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Even Poro has something equal to a love confession in it's 3rd chapter. This truly is the serialization round of love.
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Even Poro has something equal to a love confession in it's 3rd chapter. This truly is the serialization round of love.

That's actually refreshing. Last year several villains in manga used the theme "despair". Is a nice change for once.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top